Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: goblins and eating  (Read 4354 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
goblins and eating
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:20:52 pm »

I have some goblins trapped in uncaged storage to act as a doomsday lever, will they ever need food or will they be snug as a bug in a rug?

They've been ambling around in there for nearly 5 years now, so if they don't eventually, I think I just made a new discovery about gobbos, they don't eat.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: goblins and eating
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:41:19 pm »

AFAIK, they don't eat. At all.

And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:52:27 pm »

May I sig that?
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:52:53 pm »

Sure, go for it.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:29:48 pm »

They may breed however.

I made a Hobgoblin pit which i intended to throw random captured wildlife into, Hobgoblins being modded Goblins that are smaller, nastier and breed once a season (having 15 - 35 pups each time).

Little did i realise that they would breed and fill the entire 5x5 pit fifteen deep with Hobgoblin pups. If i can ever work out how to kill them off i will have more bones than i know what to do with.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:41:39 am »

GARG! I do not understan why people dont simply BURN things and be done with it!

LET FLOW THE MAGMA PIPE

yes that was a paraphrased LOTR quote
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:27:31 am »

But the bones!!

Steel clad hammerdwarves will do the trick.... nothing like tons of bodies flying around the room exploding on the walls.....

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:41 am »

pfft, what good are BONES

STEEL AND STONE ARE THE ONLY THINGS NEEDED TO BUILD WITH

and wood

for beds

rocks too hard for sleeping on

and maybe some nice spider silk sheets
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 09:18:52 am »

Good way to train marksdwarves. I think you could get one or two legendaries out of that.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:50:49 am »

They may breed however.

I made a Hobgoblin pit which i intended to throw random captured wildlife into, Hobgoblins being modded Goblins that are smaller, nastier and breed once a season (having 15 - 35 pups each time).

Little did i realise that they would breed and fill the entire 5x5 pit fifteen deep with Hobgoblin pups. If i can ever work out how to kill them off i will have more bones than i know what to do with.

Drown 'em?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 12:46:25 pm »

How did you catch them? were they caught in their own enviornment or during an invasion?