Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends  (Read 43836 times)

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 09:36:28 am »

It was from this I found out that civs live on even after their towns are gone, as at the last year of gen, long after all the elves were supposedly gone, one elf became the leader of its civ.

Are you sure it wasn't an elf that had been abducted into a goblin civ?  From reading this forum, goblin civs full of elves seem to happen a lot because of that.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 09:49:07 am »

The civ was something like "The Kin of Trees", or as close as elven language comes to that. I'm 100% certain it was not a goblin civ, and 95% sure it was an elven civ.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pyrophoricity

• Bay Watcher
  • [TEA_OR_COFFEE: TEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

In a current pocket world of mine the goblins lead attacks on the local elves, fair enough.

After losing two leaders in duels to the demon the elves were pushed back to their forest retreat, after 10 years of conflict the final showdown saw 27 elves face of against roughly 20 goblins and the demon.

26 elves were killed, the final; Mimale leopardhealed slew the demon in single combat and "won" forcing a retreat.

Sadly he was killed that same year by the remaining goblins and their new leader; an elf taken from the goblins were destroying, Mimale was cut up in by his former kinsmen and the elf civilisation destroyed.

Best world gen I've had in a while.
wooden maces (omg, it's a heavy stick!)
Why not read DaggerStatic: A community fort? http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39205.0

Tirin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »

Lodum was a dwarf. She got married, and became a guard in her home. But in the 30's the attacks began. Her mother died, then her husband. The attacks continued, and dwarves continued to fall. Some time after that she became the ruler of her civilization. And got to watch as the elves and goblins whittled away at her forces. By the 80's I think she was the only dwarf of the civilization still alive. She survived until the year 100, fighting off attacks by herself. When history ended she had 366 kills to her name.

So now I'm making a fortress from that civilization, hoping I can still get a ruler without a liason. Really wishing I could save this for the army arc.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 11:10:12 pm »

I wanted to spend some time relaxing and reading about wars, so I genned a world and ran it for ten-thousand years.

Five wars.  One involved more than one battle.  Three were fought at the same human town.

In ten-thousand years, there was something like a dozen battles fought between all wars.  Also saw some interesting alliances.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 12:50:14 am »

I found something very...interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These two seem to have had a history of fighting each other pretty hard, too.  Sucks that it's clearly a bug, possibly some value I messed up somewhere, since the game crashes when I try to view any of the assaults and sieges.

Still, I can just imagine vast armies being led by a sentient fish and flaming snake as they desperately try to kill each other...
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 04:28:37 pm »

I found something very...interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These two seem to have had a history of fighting each other pretty hard, too.  Sucks that it's clearly a bug, possibly some value I messed up somewhere, since the game crashes when I try to view any of the assaults and sieges.

Still, I can just imagine vast armies being led by a sentient fish and flaming snake as they desperately try to kill each other...
EPIC.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 08:10:47 pm »

I had a dwarf civ in world gen defeat an elf civ in the 12th year. The Cremated Fence defeated The Euphoric Thorn, and then left the town and survivors intact and simply instated a new Dwarf Leader and Dwarf Government. The fight was over "the eating of sapient beings" and the new government was "The Seal of Chewing" and forbid the elves who chose to remain from cannibalism. Half the elves flee into the swamps, the other half greet their new dwarfy neighbors.

An elf born 7 years later under this dwarf regime grows up to become a farmer. Two years later he is considered dwarfy enough to be the leader of the Dwarf civilization The Cremated Fences. Not the Seal of Chewing regime, that alternated between elf and dwarf rulers for 10 years before going all dwarf. This elf, Mosus Portaldashes, ruled the entire civ like a freaking Mountainhome king, leading dwarves into battle, dueling goblins while drunk, et cetera.

His only actual participation in the combats he lead that are mentioned are his several duels with one goblin. This goblin maims the elf each time, but the elf just comes back for more. The goblin finally kills him, and the elf went his whole life without a single kill... but in that entire war with the goblins he was also the longest living leader. After his 7 year reign, thirty dwarf leaders were struck down in their first combat.

This elf was relatively their most badass farmer. And it was dwarf mettle that inspired any elves to take things on the offensive against those goblins. They made the elves dwarfy. ...it was beautiful...
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 08:12:48 pm »

I had a dwarf civ in world gen defeat an elf civ in the 12th year. The Cremated Fence defeated The Euphoric Thorn, and then left the town and survivors intact and simply instated a new Dwarf Leader and Dwarf Government. The fight was over "the eating of sapient beings" and the new government was "The Seal of Chewing" and forbid the elves who chose to remain from cannibalism. Half the elves flee into the swamps, the other half greet their new dwarfy neighbors.

An elf born 7 years later under this dwarf regime grows up to become a farmer. Two years later he is considered dwarfy enough to be the leader of the Dwarf civilization The Cremated Fences. Not the Seal of Chewing regime, that alternated between elf and dwarf rulers for 10 years before going all dwarf. This elf, Mosus Portaldashes, ruled the entire civ like a freaking Mountainhome king, leading dwarves into battle, dueling goblins while drunk, et cetera.

His only actual participation in the combats he lead that are mentioned are his several duels with one goblin. This goblin maims the elf each time, but the elf just comes back for more. The goblin finally kills him, and the elf went his whole life without a single kill... but in that entire war with the goblins he was also the longest living leader. After his 7 year reign, thirty dwarf leaders were struck down in their first combat.

This elf was relatively their most badass farmer. And it was dwarf mettle that inspired any elves to take things on the offensive against those goblins. They made the elves dwarfy. ...it was beautiful...

Oh yeah, I made this world to adventure in. I want my adventurer to finish off the goblin enemies once and for all. They only have one dark dwarf and their demon leader left. From hundreds of goblins, dwarves, elves, humans, and a demon, to one epic dwarf and one epic demon holding off the small forces the Cremated Fence sends.
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »

I had battles in a recently generated world in which 2 mimes manage to fend off an attack of 14 clowns, the clowns sustaining as many 5 losses each time this occurred.  The mimes frequently came out of battle with no losses.

So mimes are officially worse than clowns.

(this was, of course, with a mod)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 08:10:25 pm »

The question here is whether they actually fight or if they just mime fighting

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16:44 pm »

"Don't worry Julius, as long as I have IVISIBLESISCORS THE UNSCEEN DOOM OF POINTS those clown freaks are dead."
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42:23 pm »

How would he tell Julius this comforting news, for alas, mimes cannot speak!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 09:42:17 pm »

Sign language. Duh.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 10:07:36 pm »

Mimes can create weapons out of NOTHING!  The clowns need a steady supply of pies.  The mimes will obviously win.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11