Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends  (Read 44116 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2010, 03:22:16 am »

How does one view specific battles like you folks do? The closest I get is the string of deaths linked to a site, but based on the screenshots that's clearly not what you guys are doing.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2010, 08:39:13 am »

It's in "Historical events".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »

On an old world I no longer have, there was a demon(it was either a humanoid lizard or a giant winged scorpion) that became the ruler of a nation really early on in the world's history, he then went and tamed many various underground creatures(including giant olms). Afterwards it seems he led his prosperous nation through dozens of successful military campaigns(he fought personally in the battles too). Its just, whenever I think of that, I imagine a small comic like in the "Draw your adv. thread" with a giant pink-winged scorpion leading a bunch of humans to greatness. Each panel has some of the lyrics from "Harmony Harmony". The panel before "Oh love" would be the scorpion slaughtering people with a smile on its face. It was like an epiphany.

Learner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:42 pm »

I started a new place and all, a very small area, 1050 years, and pretty safe.

I started out by killing vampires and human-form werewolves, (one of which had over 1050 copper coins! :o ).

Then I decided to go for this vampire known as Threbe Crowdflags, who had killed 760 people. Now... here's where it gets interesting, apparently, she's the mother of one of my companions! (It allows me to ask him when it happened.)

In the town my companions all live in known as Omkanil "Crosspillar", there lives a Deity known as Thran. (And since I've never seen one before, I was intrigued by his unique character/map icon.) Apparently, Threbe pissed him off on the early Autumn of 1000. That means... she's gotten 760 kills in 50 years!

Poor Tacnu Colulen.  :( It kind of hurts knowing we're off to kill his mother.

Anyways, after we encountered her and exposed her, the villagers all swarmed her. Tacnu who is also my spearman was perhaps doing the most damage. She lasted pretty well, but then she had suddenly decided to run outside the hut, forcing us to give chase. We ran over the hill after her, when she had suddenly decided to turn back towards us again now that the villagers stopped their chase. She was a PAIN!

She managed to stab my lasher in his weapon arm, chipping the bone pretty badly. He passed out about 3/4th through the battle.

She perhaps did the most damage to me. I went up to charge her from behind, but the impact knocked me down. She turned around, apparently angry at me scratching her, and went down to grab my legs. She held my right knee in a joint-lock, and then proceeded to snap it. She then kicked the leg afterwords as if to add insult to injury. She also bit my hand, dented the bone, torn up some nerves and some muscles. I too passed out. I may have an above average willpower, but honestly I'm surprised I lasted that long.

I had barely woken up shortly (thankfully I woke up at all), and saw that there was no more fighting. (I also saw my left ankle was broken! She must have attacked me while I was out.) I was worried she had escaped. Eventually though, (after passing out 2 more times), I saw her corpse. My maceman is in perfect condition, as was my Spearman Tacnu. My lasher Cawcul however, ended up with a broken shoulder, arm, and a torn open hand. I wasn't sure who had finished her, so I tried asking. Apparently, Tacnu, her son, had finished her off...

He doesn't ever talk about her anymore if you ask him about his family. :-X  Can't say I blame him. But you know what? During the entire time... she had never directly tried to attack Tacnu. (There were some counter-attacks, but all of them blocked.) Anyways... I think we did a pretty ok job... now all I have to do is drag my pathetic self back to the hamlet before night falls...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:53:03 pm by Learner »
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.

Then, when you've walked a mile and start to criticize him, he has to run a mile after you in his socks.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]