Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends  (Read 43821 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:12:09 pm »

So I'm having some fun with the worldgen, specifically the history seeds. I've managed to find one that has a 10,00 year demonic age with some interesting stories. This demon seemed to like attacking elven settlements. She'd turn the corpses into statues and then hang the survivors. After a 100 years or so she stopped attacking elves and set about being the one demon judge and jury to her dark tower. She has over 200 kills of goblins from her own civilization. It seems that this paricular dark tower was so overpopulated that the members were murdering eachother like crazy and it was always this demon that would bring them to justice

So we have a demonic vlad the impaler/ judge dread.

Oh and I also found out that the elven civilization she attacked was actually a city, which she destroyed TWICE. She assulted the city several times before finally killing the leader and driving the rest of them into the woods. After this they wandered back and reformed the city, which apperently pissed the demon of because she came back, slaughtered almost all of them, hung the surviors and destroyed the city.  Apperently during all this she actually had 4 elven warriors with her. I guess they were either kidnapped or worshipped her.

Anyways yeah, screw with the world gen and post the cool results
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:40:57 pm by piecewise »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »

I'll take a look at what my seven (!) dragons were up to in world gen. I know one got into a fight with an orc, had his tail ripped off, and managed to devour the orc despite the injury.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:28:01 pm »

I had a civ of elves attack a human town. They killed all but one warrior.

He kept fighting, and alone fought off three elf sieges on his own, before finally being shot to death. God damned crossbows.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:16:35 am »

I've got a bit of a puzzle here.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1390-strangebattle (I scroll through it after a few seconds)
It says a group of dwarves attacked a group of "creatures". But there are dwarves killing dwarves, demons leading goblins, humans killing dwarves, just pure madness. I wonder what the hell happened here?

this is the next battle in the war, making me think it was a dark fortress that was occupied by every last sentient species on the planet

Mister Atlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:35:01 am »

The most bizarre worldgen I had actually had nothing to do with fighting.  In fact, there was no fighting at all.  From the beginning straight through to 1050, everyone was happy and at peace.

Until I got there, of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:09:13 am »

The most bizarre worldgen I had actually had nothing to do with fighting.  In fact, there was no fighting at all.  From the beginning straight through to 1050, everyone was happy and at peace.

freaking weird, usually worldgen is a time of constant war. I guess the humans just had no problem with elves eating people and goblins stealing babies

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:14 pm »

freaking weird, usually worldgen is a time of constant war. I guess the humans just had no problem with elves eating people and goblins stealing babies
And dwarfs being dwarfs.

Seriously, there needs to be a new reason for war: "Repeatedly flooded entire world with magma".

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:16:39 pm »

And dwarfs being dwarfs.

Seriously, there needs to be a new reason for war: "Repeatedly flooded entire world with magma".

well, if anyone tried to attack the dwarfs, the attacking army would just be flooded with magma. that, or if the dwarfs felt like doing something different, they would dig under random human cities and sink em into the ground

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 08:41:19 pm »

That nets you like 800 logs, By the way.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:26 pm »

That nets you like 800 logs, By the way.
and 20 minutes of loading

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 01:40:57 am »

Hm. I usually have like 100 or 200 years of wars, dragon rampage, etc and then milenia of nothing. Everybody is resting a hugging friends.

Once I generated world with 10 000 years of history. Last fight was in year 520. Then 9 000 years of peace and then elves (snathed) destroyed elven retreat.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »

I was just scrolling through history of one of my worlds and noticed this war:
Athama Efe, "the War of Claws"
The War of Claws was waged by The Fair Nuts and The Prim Group.
(At this point I was already imagining someone opening up a pistache nut and it starting a war over it, then I read on...) One of the most significant causes of the conflict was a dispute over the treatment of plants.

yadda yadda yadda
In 57, the Fair Nuts accepted an offer of peace from the Prim Group.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 03:13:03 pm »

I've been playing with "alternate histories".

I've used the same creation seed, but used a different history seed.

The results are quite fun.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:43:10 am »

I've been looking through the Legends of my current world, and it seems that there was once an elf civ that pretty much annihilated itself by repeatedly attacking one tiny human town (over disagreements about the display of hunting trophies, or something) which had about four completely bad-ass legendary soldiers who basically took out half of the 100+-elf army in every single battle.  I looked at the page for one of them and it was basically a list of the 90 elves he had personally offed, plus the odd dragon or two.  A nearby goblin civ then proceeded to mop up the remainder.  There is currently only one elf civ left on my entire map.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:15 pm »

In mine, A Dwarf civ and a Human civ declared war on the elves at the same time, and wiped them out after a hundred years.

It was basically

20 years of elves attacking humans, legendaries wiping out their best elf-soldiers.

THEN 80 years of 100+ Dwarves and the Human legendaries going from retreat to retreat, slaughtering the populace.

It was from this I found out that civs live on even after their towns are gone, as at the last year of gen, long after all the elves were supposedly gone, one elf became the leader of its civ.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11