Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends  (Read 43825 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 01:35:24 pm »

A Hydra that begins life with one head, and every head lopped, throat slashed, or neck broken causes it to discard the head and replace it with two. Only very severe damage to it's massive torso, or fire damage to all heads/necks, can kill it. Older Hydras that have survived a few fights could have up to 9 heads. Maybe there should be an upper limit to heads as well.

...can you imagine a dwarven hydra head farm? It'd be so usual of this game.
Could be interesting.  Of course, each head would need to attack independantly.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:03 pm »

I deleted the world, but once I saw a kobold in legends kill a hydra. Of course, this was by ripping an eye out, then killing it.
Hydras are wussies though. They have so many necks its hard NOT to kill one. Honestly, you could probably kill one while naked and weilding nothing more then a bronze sword.
They're actually pretty tough for non-legendary adventurers, though.  Took a swordsdwarf that had managed to kill multiple minor skeletal megabeasts and entire packs of skeletal wolves, along with a bunch of blood-sucking clown kids, and still got the crap beat out of me.  I mean, kids!  It killed kids, the most deadly form of any race in the game!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 01:01:51 am »

I had a kobold kill a Bronze Colossus.

No, really.

A Bronze Colossus.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 04:52:56 pm »

No, really.

A Bronze Colossus.
I had a kobald adventurer empty a human town and a dwarven fortress on her own. With rocks.

snuflufagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 05:35:51 pm »

So I abandon a fortress and go back to look at the battles in Legends to relive some good times when I decide to see what the orcs were up to before my sacking my fort.  Mostly normal stuff - border skirmishes with humans, 3:1 in the orcs' favor, but usually with about equivalent casualties on the battlefield (humans don't send half their soldiers in the nude).  Anyways, a few battles back, I come across something truly epic - Thima Baci, the Siege of Whipping.

653 elves versus 34 orcs, with the elves taking the offensive against a three tower dark fortress in the year of Armok, 299.

End result: 235 dead elves, 0 dead orcs, and seven seconds of holding "page down" to scroll through 34 orcs devouring 235 elves (I take it they were just eating the choice parts).

And that's not all!  There's 260 years of fighting between the elves and orcs with orcs feasting and elves fleeing into the Forests of Splattering!  Each year, the elves brought more and more troops fighting border skirmishes and attacking the same damn dark fortress (which they never took), taking about equivalent casualties (4 or 5) up until 255 when suddenly they lost 172 out of 435 and kept at it for nearly every year thenceforth, with similarly demoralizing names (the Clash of Routing, the Roasted Onslaughts...).

Final tally: 4255 dead elves, 0 gain.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 12:56:27 pm »

I have an ocean called the blueness of euphoria. Its serene.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:22:26 am by IHateOutside »

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2009, 01:20:33 am »

Does history continue while in fortress mode?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

No.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 11:06:03 pm »

they would dig under random human cities and sink em into the ground
that gave me an idea...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10012743@N06/3719568506/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:09:42 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 12:10:08 am »

No, really.

A Bronze Colossus.
I had a kobald adventurer empty a human town and a dwarven fortress on her own. With rocks.

I once tore out god's throat with a one legged groundhog adventurer

So there

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2009, 12:20:13 pm »

Final tally: 4255 dead elves, 0 gain.
Talk about randomization.

Does history continue while in fortress mode?
Kind of. I don't think anything happens in other towns, but while you're in your fort the time really passes and all you dwarves' deeds are scripted into the history, and you can even hit an age change.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:22:10 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2009, 04:47:44 pm »

I found a lot of creatures gods/goddesses in Legends Mode.

Anan Kor Bothon, "Anan the Cavern of Murk", giant rat god
Ber Avus Rîsen, "Ber the Mine of Coal", hoary moarmot god
Ner Telingmigrur, "Ner Coastocean", sturgeon goddess
Katak Lunstibmer, "Katak Cloudshores", frogman god
Asmel Adilteshkad, "Asmel the Walled Price", fairy god
Asa, "Asa", cardinal god
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:18:42 pm by Jervous »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 12:47:56 am »

I used the 1 seed piecwise said and im reading in  legends here, in adventurer mode theres 1 dwarven country remaining, and human and elf countrys wage war with eachother in the rest of the world, the remaining dwarven safe city is being attacked by elfs in the far southeast, so the downfall of dorfs might happen, :'(, it'd be VERy interesting if the army arc would be completed, helping the armys siege elf citys, fighting out and PWNING DEM ELBS
Update: The first battle was WON by the dorfs actually.. It started over the elfs eating peoples, as always. First 2 attacks on the main city, 2 skirmishes a few tiles southeast in 'the massive forest'. Then they assaulted the main town and won, causing them to flee to the southeast, a new government was established there and the place was called Overvalleys.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:51:31 am by x2yzh9 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 01:06:31 am »

I used the 1 seed piecwise said and im reading in  legends here, in adventurer mode theres 1 dwarven country remaining, and human and elf countrys wage war with eachother in the rest of the world, the remaining dwarven safe city is being attacked by elfs in the far southeast, so the downfall of dorfs might happen, :'(, it'd be VERy interesting if the army arc would be completed, helping the armys siege elf citys, fighting out and PWNING DEM ELBS
Update: The first battle was WON by the dorfs actually.. It started over the elfs eating peoples, as always. First 2 attacks on the main city, 2 skirmishes a few tiles southeast in 'the massive forest'. Then they assaulted the main town and won, causing them to flee to the southeast, a new government was established there and the place was called Overvalleys.

Maybe you'll get lucky and prevail, but I've genned on several maps and every time it ends with the elves as victor. ITS A NIGHTMARE WORLD I TELL YOU! EVERYTHING IS MADE OF WOOD AND PRANCING IS A NATIONAL SPORT!

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 02:46:27 am »

dwarven hydra head farm

Hah! Hydra skull totem farm!
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11