Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends  (Read 43828 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomeness in worldgen and Legends
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:59 am »

Titans are officially the most weaksauce megabeasts in existence.

That, or this kobold just rocks that hard.

That award goes to Hydras...

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 05:40:59 am »

Kobolds rock in general... I changed their file hoping to make them defend themselves, and instead they started wars with everyone and destroyed them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2009, 08:31:32 am »

Kobolds do have a habit of finding and running away from megabeasts.  It is unusual to see a kobold force a mega to flee, however.

None of the megabeasts are great apart from the Bronze Collosus.  The titan gets tired after a bit of wrestling, and can thus be taken out with a group of recruits.  The hydra is a walking mass of weakspots and a few sword dwarfs are almost guarenteed a neck or head shot.  The dragon is capable of doing some damage to your booze stockpile and any dwarf stupid enough to be outside at the time, but is poor at actual fighting, with tales of dragons being beaten solo by untrained recruits and sometimes even kittens not uncommon.  An open magma pipe will also be their downfall.

The BC is pretty tough, but that doesn't stop it from being trapped by a cage trap.  I think the megas are getting updated in the new release though (the hydra cerainly is).

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2009, 05:24:07 am »

With the updated way weapons work and the updated way flesh works, Megabeasts will be substantially harder to kill, simply because small weapons will have a significantly reduced impact on them. No more piercing both lungs, heart and throat with a single crossbow shot to the foot.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2009, 06:56:02 pm »

Hydras . . .

They're easy when young, but if they survive to live for a long time . . . ugh.  They are tough cookies.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2009, 07:18:40 am »

Hydras are pussies, with all those heads it's just so easy to lop one off and kill the entire critter in one go.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 09:32:45 am »

Hydras are pussies, with all those heads it's just so easy to lop one off and kill the entire critter in one go.

I feel as if I should give them [NOTHOUGHT].
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2009, 09:48:35 am »

What they really need is the implementation of Hydra Regeneration. If every time you lop off a head 2 more grow back they'll become very dangerous very quickly.

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:17 am »

Normaly i get 400 elves attack 5 humans

400 elves dead

1 human dead

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2009, 04:32:07 am »

The Tragic Story Behind the Bloodshed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tholtig's kills:
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2009, 04:50:52 am »

*Haspen cancels: forum lurking. Went to build a catherdral for Tholtig*

I barely get 600-800 kills with my overpowered adventurer.

She's more than EPIC.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2009, 04:56:49 am »

You really should get her her own thread already.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:39 pm »

I haven't browsed legends yet (I'm terrible piecing together -real- history, I find the format of the legends really difficult to make sense out of) but when I placed my current fort I saw a big central region of humans in calm lands, you know, with the network of roads, but a hobgoblin tower (modded beefed-up goblins) was at each city instead of humies.

It just looked keen with the purple towers and all the squiggly roads. There were more roads than usual -- two or three traversing the same path, so I'm inclined to think the humans built, got conquered, conquered back, built some more, and got pwnt again.

I'm curious to see what went on there, so I may brave legends mode...

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:25 am »

The Tragic Story Behind the Bloodshed:

Tholtig's kills:
Wow... and if Tholtig's history was not impressive enough as is, your writeup of said history was a true pleasure to read...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »

The Fall of Tosid Heavenworked, Warrior-Queen of the Dwarves:

Tosid Heavenworked was born a Dwarven farmer, and in her youth became an adventurer of reknown, hunting the giant jungle cats and scorpions of the deserts around their home. During this time, her nation had become embroiled in a war against an evil cooalition, composed of Goblins, Elves, Humans, and even corrupted Dwarves, all lead by a Demon-Queen named Snang Cryptmenace.

During the war, Ilral, the only son of the current Queen, was abducted by the Goblins. He was given the name Ilral Razorbreath, and was raised among them as a farmer. During a war waged by the Elves, he managed to kill 43 Elven Soldiers with only a knife, earning the title "The Confining Blades". He then became a soldier, and a Knifedwarf of a fearsome reputation.

Menewhile, in her adventuring career, Tosid had slain exactly 100 monsters and wild beasts. However, while her reputation was building, the Dwarven Empire had crumbled, with only a single Stronghold remaining. During an invasion, the reigning Queen was shot and killed by a Goblin known as the Deaf Prophet. As a veteran and hero to her people, Tosid was chosen to ascended to the vacant throne, and to lead the Whips of Omen against the greatest foe they had known. Over the next 10 years, she and the 25 remaining soldiers had trained for what would certainly be the final conflict of the war.

Soon, the invasion of the Stronghold began, with the Demon-Queen herself leading, but the Battle-Hardened Dwarf Queen and her soldiers stood fast against the army. However, in the midst of the conflict, Ilral Razorbreath, the exiled Dwarf Prince, attacked Queen Tosid, slashing off the thumb of her Shieldarm, and ripping a jagged wound across her back between her plate armor. Though grievously wounded, she stood fast, and managed to repell Ilral. Even so, she was weakened, and many of her soldiers had fallen. In a desperate move, she charged the Demon-Queen, but her wounds were too great, and Snang finished her off, spitting her body on an Iron Spear before the defending Dwarves. A few soldiers remained to fight, but their morale had been crushed... as the last soldiers stood fast, holding back the army, the remaining civilians fled into the deserts.
Spoiler: Ilral's Betrayal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The War (click to show/hide)

Over the next few decades, the Goblin-Raised Dwarf Prince was stationed as the leader of a new Goblin Settlement, built on the cliffs overlooking the ruined Mountainhomes. Legions of Elves, Goblins, Humans, and Dwarves were under his command, and he set about hunting down the Dwarves who had escaped into the desert.

...and thus began the story of Blacksun.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:56:15 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11