Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idle Merchants  (Read 321 times)

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Idle Merchants
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:10:02 pm »

Some dwarf merchants traded with me and everything was fine until all of them but a single cart and two soldiers left.

The driver never moves except to run away from something and the soldiers just stand around and help kill kobolds and goblins.  None of them eat and despite  a clear path made evident by the destruction of my dwarf, they never leave.  Their ox give birth to baby oxen  and they all stick around safe in my buffer.  I have rebuilt my trade depot and destroyed the first, but they still stand there.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Idle Merchants
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:25 pm »

probably a pathing error, just wait for em tah die

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:59 pm »

magma.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:15:23 pm »

Are any of their items forbidden?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:16:37 pm »

I had something like that, except mine occured when I attacked the elven merchants with ballistas. I killed a few and wounded like one, but all the rest just sat where they were when they got attacked and it took them like 4-5 years before they finally started to move off the map.