Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hedgewars  (Read 1076 times)

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
Hedgewars
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

What is it?

It is pretty much a worms clone but only with hedgehogs. You have controllable RC Planes that drop bombs, watermelon bombs, and best of all...an exploding walking cake!

http://www.hedgewars.org/

Multiplayer

Best part of the game especially if you can find 2 or 3 other great people to play with. You will pretty much always find at least 1 game going. At peak times there can be several running at once. There is actually a 2 v 2 tournament being held soon and signups last until Sunday.

Wanna Play with Me?

If you want to ever get a game going just PM me. We can have several Bay12 members in one game too. I'm not really thinking about joining the tournament but I might just change mind. You can find me by Taniec and my most used team "Whipper Snappers"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:00:18 pm by Taniec »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedgewars
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:18:52 pm »

What's the max team size?

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:21:27 pm »

8 hedgehogs.

Normal games include 4.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »

But there's basically no way to actually cooperate with someone, is there?

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »

There are many games that don't play with normal settings. You shouldn't have THAT difficult of a time but I don't see too many games with 8 hogs a team. I don't like those games but may hop on every once in a while for giggles.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »

This may be a different game I'm thinking of, but saying this game is a "worms clone" is like saying Goldeneye is a Doom clone. If I'm thinking of the right game, it was more of a platform shooter with grappling hooks. The whole thing was real time. Each player also only controlled one hedgehog. Once it died, they would respawn.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »

You should checkout the website, trailor, and random youtube videos.

From the website:
About Hedgewars
Hedgewars, it's a Blast! This is the funniest and most addictive game you'll ever play - hilarious fun that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime. Hedgewars is a turn based strategy game but the real buzz is from watching the devastation caused by those pesky hedgehogs with those fantastic weapons - sneaky little blighters with a bad attitude!

Game description
Each player controls a team of several hedgehogs. During the course of the game, players take turns with one of their hedgehogs. They then use whatever tools and weapons are available to attack and kill the opponents' hedgehogs, thereby winning the game. Hedgehogs may move around the terrain in a variety of ways, normally by walking and jumping but also by using particular tools such as the "Rope" or "Parachute", to move to otherwise inaccessible areas. Each turn is time-limited to ensure that players do not hold up the game with excessive thinking or moving.

A large variety of tools and weapons are available for players during the game: Grenade, Cluster Bomb, Bazooka, UFO, Shotgun, Desert Eagle, Fire Punch, Baseball Bat, Dynamite, Mine, Rope, Pneumatic pick, Parachute. Most weapons, when used, cause explosions that deform the terrain, removing circular chunks. The landscape is an island floating on a body of water, or a restricted cave with water at the bottom. A hedgehog dies when it enters the water (either by falling off the island, or through a hole in the bottom of it), it is thrown off either side of the arena or when its health is reduced, typically from contact with explosions, to zero (the damage dealt to the attacked hedgehog or hedgehogs after a player's or CPU turn is shown only when all movement on the battlefield has ceased).

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:20 pm »

Yep. I'm thinking of the wrong game. Sorry for the confusion.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 08:29:44 am »

This may be a different game I'm thinking of, but saying this game is a "worms clone" is like saying Goldeneye is a Doom clone. If I'm thinking of the right game, it was more of a platform shooter with grappling hooks. The whole thing was real time. Each player also only controlled one hedgehog. Once it died, they would respawn.

Although it isn't hedgehogs, you might be thinking of some variant of liero.
Eh?
Eh!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:24:43 am »

Liero is a blast!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository