Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: To Build a monument: A story of 7 dwarves from a dead civilization ((community))  (Read 3013 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sodel zensonul's Journal, 1st granite 232:

The Lanced of weavers, a dwarven civilization, fought long and hard, only to fall against an innumberable enemy.  Dwarves fell by the dozens, and upon seeing our defeat, Our king, Momus Deathlance, gathered what few survivors he could, and had us flee to various corners of the world.  14 of us banded together, loading a single cart up with supplies we could and fled with the elves of Cactus of Jaws in hot pursuit.   7 dwarves were lost, as we fled, and we shall always remember URist, Urist, Urist, Urist, Urist, Urist, and the freak Loeb. May god have mercy on Loeb's parents soul for such a terrible name. He will always be Urist to us.  We have wandered for a year, living off the land, trying to rebuild the Thankfully we have broken away, and settled in Obururdim or "HeroTowers" in the common tongue. 

7 of us are here now:

<U>Ingish Uzimush</U>- A profient miner, able to turn most stone into gravel, though he should have more experience fore I trust him with Ore.

zefon Rigothsterus-  Miner. really, that is all. 

Atir SEngmistem- Novice woodcutter, but he spent most of his time in the dwarven military. he fought off the goblins and let us escape.  He is also a competent mechanic, somethign that came from a grevious injury sustained some time before.

Tulon Zatamzugal- SPent his life around stone, he is proficent as both a mason, as well as with stone goods.

Tholtig Tisharkrigoth- He's the metal worker among us. he'll come in handy for armor,trinkets and weapons. He's only an apprentice, but with practice his work will work will become world renown. 

Sodel Zensonul (Myself)- I'm a rather compitent comedian with apprasial skill, and i can judge someone's intent fairly well. Sure to come in handy with trades. I've been working on consoling the others, and they've named me leader of the outfit.

Zas Kubuknazom- A professional cook, and one of my favorites. He's agreed to become our farmer, and food worker. I've given him a book, but thats all he has.

Oddly enough, we actually have a rather good starting group. Strange for a random assortment of dwarves. But still, maybe it is armok's will that we succeed. It is my intention to build a monument to our fallen breatheren, one that will reach toward the sky. As for our inventry, we were rather and strugglign in supplies, however, we were able to take what we could from a group of trading carts we had found on our journey. I praise armok for the supplies we were able to recive, and we now have several bins of leather, several dozen tower caps, Several types of meat, several trade goods such as instruments, and gems. 

The elves sought to help us, but thankfully, i shook a broken twig in front of them, and they ran off into their trees. Others collapsed to the ground in tears, but it still let me flee.  I then ran over their dog with the cart. Well, not just one, all of them. I missed one, but i was able to hit it as i backed up. We fled the forests, and into the mountains. we are here now, our site encompassing the entire slope.  I am deciding where to build our monument and our home, though i belive we will start in the soil. I DOnt' know what this place is, be it badlands, or swamp.  Its only a small area, so it shouldn't matter much.

We arrived, in Obururdim, only to have our cart break on a cliff upon arrival.  I could swear it sounded like an elf  as it fell.  I  will need to test this out later.  Bloody elves. I want to construct the momument out of their beloved trees. Still, i may need them to survive, and trees are not for dwarven buildings.  Dwarven beds, yes, but not our buildings. UPon further consideration, i've decided to make our home close to a nearby clearing, where amble soil for our crops could be found, in addition to a lake. I will order construction of the temporary storage unit to commence immedietly, in addition to further scouting for any mineral veins.

-Sodel.

Sodel's journal of 25th of slate, 232

We've found a suitable place for the warehouse, and we are working our way inside to dig teh chambers. However, a problem has been found with a nearby copper vein. While copper is vauable, we should not tap into it early, or we will loose precious ore due to inexperienced mining. Thankfully, we have found a magma pipe.  No harmful creatures have been found as of late, so we have no wildlife to deal with. It is not far, but too much of a burdeon for the noble dwarves to walk.  i've decided to keep the warhouses as a farming areas.  Once we get them cleared out, of course.   We've struck pitchblende in teh tunnel to the trading depot. we've also found galena, the source for lead, though, it often can contain silver. I've ordered the construction of a temporary depot located in a acess tunnel leading a short distance into the mountain. It will be a temporary location, until one can be made closer to the eventual forges.  With more dwarves, i would keep it where it is now, but there simply isn't enough dwarf power to haul all of the metal works to the depot itself. Construction of the warehouses is now complete, though the dwarves have taken thier bi-montly rest, and semi-monthly meal.  Damn unions. One of the miners ran up to me and told me about the MIca, i nodded, then ordered him to keep digging. Miners are tough, you'd think they'd find something and just dig through it.

-Sodel
26th of slate

the miners came to me and told me about more mica, and dragged me through the tunnels so i can see. I thanked him, and got back to work. Man, is that ever annoying. Atir, our mechanic, has agreed to handle our archetecture jobs for us. This is good, since we need an architect for several buildings.  i've also started to design the fort itself.  I  figure a waterfall from the river leading into the dining room would help keep the boys sprits up.  however, the river is so far away that i am afraid this will take several seasons.
-Sodel.

3rd of felsite, late spring 232.
a miner told me that we have struck pyroluscite.  I politely asked him to inform me only if we strike something important, like platinum.  Howeve,r they seem the dense type, but time will tell to see if he listened.
-Sodel
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:29:14 am by SimRobert2001 »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: To Build a monument: A story of 7 dwarves from a dead civilization
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:06:47 am »

can we request dwarves?

if we can can I take a metalsmith and call 'em Khain please
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:13:58 pm »

can we request dwarves?

if we can can I take a metalsmith and call 'em Khain please

This is one of my own little games, though i can see the value of a succession game. who is in?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:51:58 pm by SimRobert2001 »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »

I'll take a fisher named Labs
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 04:10:19 pm »

I'd like a miner named Samus plz :)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 06:27:06 pm »

Do not bother to read this post.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:54:15 pm by Tradanbattlan »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 07:13:45 pm »

Hauler named Olon.

I like being useless.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »

Ranger named Cliff Racer please.

Cliff Racers are Fun!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:15 pm »

Sorry, guys but this is LITERALLY a dead civilization. those 7 dwarves up there are the ONLY ones you will be able to use.  there are NO immigrants in this game.

With that being said, i'll take Sodel herself.  Metal Malitia has the 2nd turn (mine's not done yet) and he's claimed the metal worker tholtig. 

here's the turn order so far-
Simrobert2001 - Sodel
Metal Militia-  2nd turn (Metal smith)
Who else? Please use the dwarves that are already in the game. (i'll have to put the names back in the first post. they apparently got edited out. )
Edit-done

There are only a few rules:

I would like to build a monument for said civilization.  we COULD discuss What to build before hand, though, i would prefer that each player build off of what everyone else has done, and at the end, we'll see what we get.

2) No flooding the world.

3) Maintain peace at all costs, this includes both elves and humans.  Sorry, guys, with with no dwarf caravan, we'll need both trading races to survive.

4) there will be NO immigrants, so all children have been changed (on my save at least) to turn into an adult at 4 years old. This is so that they can actually be useful without having to wait a decade in game.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:00:40 pm by SimRobert2001 »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 07:13:48 am »

oh I didn't know it was a sucsion game, I'm ganno have to opt out as I barly have time to write the story I've got going and a mod as well. sorry dude will be following this though

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 02:52:45 pm »

funny thing is that it wasn't. it just sounded ufn.

Though, what did you mean when you claimed a metalsmith, then?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 03:17:50 pm »

I thought it was a community fort, is this just a story or what then because I'm confused  ???

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 03:44:04 pm »

If this is going to be a succession fortress, then I would love to join in.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 05:35:33 pm »

If this is going to be a succession fortress, then I would love to join in.

allright. thats two. i'll start the game when we get more players.

The list so far:

Simrobert2001
ShiHjen
Criptfeind
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:17:40 am by SimRobert2001 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 10:07:48 pm »

I would like to join the fortress, I have (what I think is) a great idea for part of the monument.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4