Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: To Build a monument: A story of 7 dwarves from a dead civilization ((community))  (Read 3015 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Build a monument: A story of 7 dwarves from a dead civilization
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 12:23:34 am »

you're in.

oh, and before i forget, there IS a chasm (hidden) and a cave river (also hidden) the magma pipe is on the surface, and needs to be tapped. 

and a word of warning, there IS adamantine. its in the southern portion of the map.
while this is fair game, PLEASE use caution. breaking the seal is an FPS killer. and a dwarf killer.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:49:24 am by SimRobert2001 »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th hematite Early summer, 232

I've decided that our dining area would contain two waterfalls. the mist should help calm our nerves.  Really, the

waterfalls themselves are fet from one large pipe.  I've begun construction on the drainage pipe now. I'll double it

s size later, jsut to be on the safe side. If i engrave the edges of our area to become fortifications, and that

should provide enough drainage. Still, i'll need to provide a flood gate just in case we need to stop the water. In

addition to providing a waterfall, i plan to channel into the source pipe so that we'll be able to have a source of

fresh water, and a fishing area. (Note to self: Grate off the end of the river to allow only catfish and other

edible fish in)

10th hematite Early summer 232

I was trying to get some sleep when one of hte miners told me that he struck mica. I politely reminded him that i

asked only to be notified of important stone. Still, he insisted that he tell me. this is really getting on my

nerves. "miners instict he said" Its odd, though, i was holed up in a corner, and somehow, he still found me and

told me. and he still got 100% of his assined word done. It would normally take THREE days to find me, but managed

to do it in seconds. its like he has miner's intuition. 

I"ve also ordered the expansion of one of the warehouses so that we can plant crops. its being expanded now. it

sholdn't require a lot of room, but i'm worried that  we'll run out of seeds for the underground crops. if that

happens, we'll have to resort to above ground crops, which would be FAR more dangerous.

IN addition, i've also mandated the construction of a manson's shop in one of the warehouses. its a temporary

locations, but that should provide us some furniture, for now.  a mechanics shop is following, in order to construct

gears for traps.

15th hematite early summer 232

I had a makeshift office constructed. One of the miners CHEWED HIS WAY through my door in order to tell me we struck

orthoclase. I swear, these miners scare me. His friend came by, and told me that there's orthoclase in the area i've

ordered for the workshops. he actually PHASED THROUGH his buddy. these miners can do anything. i also need a door

now.  Atir has agreed to do our fortresses smoothing.  The drainage ditch is done, i just have to make the acess pip

e now. the flood gate is also done.

15th hematite early summer 232

i've made the craftsdwarf's shop. I should think about making mugs or other items for export soon.

27th hematite early summer 232
my miner told me we struck orthoclase again.  i tried to replace him with a record of the phrase "We've struck..."

FOllowed by the names of various stone. Unfortunatly, the record player wasnt' a good miner. I've also started to

dig the acess tunnel for the water supply. Hopefully, we'll never have to go out again.

4th malachilte mid-summer

We've struck cassiterite! or so the miner tells me.  he spends all of his life with stone, so I assume that he is

correct.

6th malachilte mid-summer
i found some instruments that were in our cart. i've ordered them brought inside. our goods stock pile is now melded with the leather stock pile. i've (N)oted it. nearby. also i've ordered the construction of bends, and tholig has agreed to work on beds for the seven of us. speaking of which, its almost time for our seasonly nap.

26th malachilte mid-summer

excellent news! we've struck copper! although there is an issue with the fact that its in the water tunnel, but we'll just mine out the sides, and wall it back up later.

12th limestone: early autumn
Excellent news! a caravan has arrived, perhaps our civization isnt' gone after all. however, the wagons showed up, and i'm afraid that two ramps blocked them.  I'll fix them perhaps we shall even get a few migrants! though, our mission for a monument should never be put on hold. lest of all for now. Our civilization still has no king, and we are a broken people.

I also found out that the mason never made any stone mugs for export. we have nothing fro trade now.

((seriously. i accidently ordered teh construction of wooden cups, when i meant to make stone ones.  and somehow, the depot isn't acessible to wagons. i'm figuring that one out now. ))

(Note: i've made the depot acessible, but it could be improved on.

2nd sandstone mid-autumn
food supplies are okay. we have nothing to trade due to the mix up, and we're almost ready to begin operation of the flood gate. I've also ordered the furnishing of all of our rooms. hopefully, we should see a efw migrants, at least...

15th sandstone: Mid autumn: I've suddenly realized how hilly this area was. Hwoever, determined to build a monument, i've ordered a construction built at the best area i could find.

(Hot keys are as follows:
f1: embark area.
f2: FIrst warehouse.  (Underneath that is the second)
f3 trade depot. (above that is the work area)
f4 housing area
f5 is the future drinking area, plus som cassiterite.
F6 Source to the drinking water/ flood gate control.
F7: MY construction site

anyway, this area is incredibly hilly.  there's hardly any flat ground to speak of.  I've begun to start on a tower esque area, where i plan to expand outward into a few of the other areas.   Its flat-ish where i'm building, but it could use some improvment.  let me know if its too difficult, and i'll gen another area. oh, and before i forget. the map freezes in winter.

and i think we may get immigrants. i'm considering making a "no killing immigrants" rule.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten

we need workers, don't kill 'em. gotcha.
I'll be taking care of them arrrr.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Missing Creature body Definition: CAT_MOUTH

I need you copy of the txt file: "creature_domestic".

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was doing it wrong, got CAT_MOUTH to work.

Now It claims I have the wrong reaction definitions, but wont tell me the name of the reactions...

I need reaction_standard.txt

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you did something wrong, then.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Cat_cancels_Store_Item_in_Stockpile:_Too_injured

that provides a work around.

for the reaction definitions, i only have the default game installed.

The only change i made to the game was to the dwarves in Creature_Standard raw:
i changed the child tag from [CHILD:12]    to [CHILD:4]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:04:08 pm by SimRobert2001 »

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you did something wrong, then.
Thats what I said.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Cat_cancels_Store_Item_in_Stockpile:_Too_injured

that provides a work around.
Already did that.
for the reaction definitions, i only have the default game installed.

The only change i made to the game was to the dwarves in Creature_Standard raw:
i changed the child tag from [CHILD:12]    to [CHILD:4]
Just done that.

still getting and error:

"Missing reaction definitions"

I'll skip since I can't get it to work.
"Criptfeind! It is your turn now!"

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

odd... you'll have to message him, though.

i'd try rinstalling DF someplace else. maybe something got eaten, or there was a mod you installed and forgot about?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:38:02 pm by SimRobert2001 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant play on the 9th so i will start on the 10th.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:08:20 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have the reaction problem, and i downloaded a new DF just for this game. Are you sure that you do not have any other mods? ???

Confirmed I re downloaded the game and put in cat mouth, than I re downloaded the save still does not work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:21:13 pm by Criptfeind »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you know, i never made that change to the cat on my game.

although, i did change the age children grow into dwarves to 4.
[CHILD:12][BABY:1][MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]

to:
[CHILD:4][BABY:1][MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]

as well as turned the economy off.

before I forget, i turned all of my stone (including flux, except the metal ores.) on in the "stones" menu.  Maybe you need to do the same? I'm also using the mike mayday tileset.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:35:20 am by SimRobert2001 »

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: SimRobert2001
  I'm also using the mike mayday tileset.

Mike mayday includes a file called reaction_all_economic.txt
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:49:27 am by SniHjen »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah... i never knew that... would you guys be able to get it, or wold you rather send me my copy?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I snagged the reaction and put in my game, now it works. Now that we know how to fix it do you want to take your turn SniHjen?

This is how i got it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got it. I got it.

I'll take my turn when you are done.

>_>

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4