Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The beast must die  (Read 4364 times)

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The beast must die
« on: June 05, 2009, 01:23:32 pm »

for all the last adventurer games I have had, the same sequence of events has occoured; I travel all the towns, amassing a horde of soldiers of every kind 'as long as you lead me to glory...' then worked my way to the half destroyed frontier town on the edge of the human territory, and find the half crazed, war shocked mayor: 'as you know we are at war with the orcs... you may be able to acheive somthing our armies cannot...' then a trek down to the orc held dark fortress.

my orcs are modded to be less op and be more in line with the normal races; they have [no stun]+[no nausia] instead of [nopain], the same damblock as dwarves [:1] and use their own custom weapons (all of which are huge, very heavy and have high crit dam bonuses). this fort contains about 80 of them. mission: genocide.

I roll up outside the first fort and orcs pour out instantly- we are already at war. my companions countercharge and soon there is a huge melee... coming to meet me is a relatively modest 'Orc Weaponsmith'. Unarmed. I sneered and moved to behead him with my axe.
biiig mistake. a breif glance at his stats wouldve shown me that he was packing legendary strength, and very tough. Even a glance at the orcs high unarmed damage (1:6 vs human 1:2) should have warned me.

my lashes and pikemen seemed to have the upper hand over the assortment of children and presiets they were hacking apart, so I moved to meet the weaponsmith. one of my boys fired an arrow at him, piecing his left hand, before he even got to me. this is going to be too eas- aurgh.
THE ORC WEAPON SMITH PUNCHES YOU IN THE HEAD- IT COLLAPSES INTO YOUR BODY, AN UNRECKOGNISABLE MASS OF GORE

O_o

he proceed s to punch down two more of my dudes before the orc gaurds mop them up. I have a grudge.

I do it all again- I go to the mayor: 'as you know, we are at war with..', i go the fortress with a posse. I charge. I disembowel a few kids. Orc gaurds pour in. They are no match for me and the human soldiers, and we pave a path to the door with dead orcs. Busting through a pair of unlucky children, I lead the charge on the doorway, only to be met by... the weaponsmith.
I axe him. It sticks into his arm. He knocks me over then breaks both my arms. with singular punches. he punches me in the lower body, propelling me away and doing unspeakable internal damage.
He pulls out the axe and drops it.
my boys are too busy mowing down children to see my plight. he slowly walks over, then lays into me. he punches me into a bloody mess. I die.

Fast foward: I have repeated this process for the tenth time today. This time he wrestled me, breaking my limbs while around him pikey orc children beat me apart. the humiliation is absolute. I am denied my invasion and genocide by a civilian metalworker!

Nothing will take him down.
I have tried with axes. Its never enough.
I tried with pikemen. The pike gets stuck, and i can never twist it enough before he punches my brains out the back of my skull.
I modded crossbows/bows to only do 20 peircing dam, and they do not have nearly enough power to take down this steamrolling, very tough killing machhine.
He still feels pain, but no stunning, nausia. He is always surrounded by other orcs, and my minions always get engaged with the gaurds before he emerges. he has somthing ridiculous like 14 human kills under his name, all unarmed. the human towns are rapidly running out of recruitables; at this rate the humans will lose the war! (they already are, 70% of the world is orc, black orc, goblin or knobold held)

HOW DO I KILL THIS BEAST!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:30:55 pm by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The beast must die
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:59:02 pm »

If cheating isn't an option, you'll just have to train your character like a motherfucker. There really isn't anything else you can do.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:51:44 pm »

Become a bow man, problem solved.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:56:30 pm »

Become a bow man, problem solved.

I can just imagine this orc punching arrows out of the air. Then throwing them back.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »

You nerfed arrows too much, and make orcs do like 3 instead of 6.  Still better than dorfs, but not omgpwned like 6.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:18:47 pm »

An umodded orc pierced my heart and both lunks with his bare fists...
So yes they are pretty badass...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:47 pm »

If you have good wrestling skill, you could try grabbing something and keeping him on the floor.  That would help stop him from attacking so much.

Or you could grab his head and gouge out his eyes.  Shouldn't take too long, and he should be arrow fodder for your next adventurer.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:36:05 pm »

Train throwing or something like that, then throw sand, pebbles, maybe a few flies if you find them lol.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:21:02 pm »

Train throwing or something like that, then throw sand, pebbles, maybe a few flies if you find them lol.
Legendary wrestling and agility are needed.

run up, grab both arms and snap the wrists. He can't punch you if you have his arms and I think you can also grab his head to stop biting.

also, throw arrows rather then shooting them. Faster and often times more effective. Also, try carrying a few stolen axes and hurling them at him. In my tests I find that hurled weapons (esspecially slash damage based ones) have a much greater chance of hacking parts off when thrown. If you get lucky you can decap him from a distance.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »

I seem to recall reading you can throw ballista arrows. Have you tried that?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 06:02:34 pm »

If you make an adventurer and retire him in the human town he will be a reqruitable who never says no.

AMASS AN ARMY.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 06:06:16 pm »

If you make an adventurer and retire him in the human town he will be a reqruitable who never says no.

AMASS AN ARMY.
Perferably one in every weapon type.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:45 pm »

And several dozen wrestlers!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 06:20:13 pm »

Just blast him with several thrown ballista arrows!
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:08:19 am »

Also I should state the crossbows STILL have the power to take him down. Some Organs are sensative to damage no matter how little it recieves. One strike to the heart is all you need

However I do suggest you actually train your character instead of going straight to this legendary champion.
Pages: [1] 2 3