Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: LoTR Mafia Ch.1: (Day 2)  (Read 23616 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: LoTR Mafia Ch.1: (Day 2)
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »

You want me to narrow it down?  In my opinion, you and webadict are far to smart to go along with this plan.  You two, of all people, should have seen the potential consequences of this action.  Panda and Inaluct are next, as I believe both of them to be very good mafia players, worthy of respect, even if they do mess up every once in a while.  Little and Flintus I can forgive for going along with the crowd, though I'm still more suspicious of them than any of the other players who didn't participate in that scheme.

Except for Servant Corps.  I trust him completely...oh wait...we killed him.
Go cry. It's still a game-breaker. It's working just fine, because no one knows the other hobbits. And you can find out who is what based off that.

If you're going to complain, we could also complain about how this game could've ended in one night. We could also complain about a lot of things. I honestly don't care for your complaining. So you can go into a corner and stop complaining because some of us can try and deduce certain game aspects using whatever MC we want.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2009, 10:19:35 pm »

Speaking of hobbits, how does the new ringbearer figure out who to pass the ring to? I'm pretty sure every Mordor player claimed hobbit.... and we have no chance to investigate anyone because the ring betrayed last night.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2009, 11:55:10 pm »

well.. right now... it's really up to errol... Im not in a clear headed moment so I wont try to break this game even further....  :P

but I gotta re check this game to see what was up with everything...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2009, 12:13:30 am »

It's still a game-breaker. It's working just fine, because no one knows the other hobbits. And you can find out who is what based off that.

Based off of what, exactly?  The fact that no-one knows who the other hobbits are?  Errol doesn't know either, and unless you think the Nazgul and the spy are going to be nice enough to say "nope, don't give the ring to me, I'm not a hobbit" I think we've got a major problem on our hands.  Remember, Errol dies tonight, unless the Nazgul have some master plan I can't fathom.

And I'm not complaining about the system, I'm complaining about the crappy gambit that you guys pulled.  Let's confirm a power role that cannot be killed at all costs by killing the only other power role which can protect him.  Brilliant plan. 

Errol, how's the hobbit hunt going?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2009, 12:42:07 am »

I still don't see how this was a bad gambit. We have a confirmed town player, who we can all send our roles to. He deduces a likely hobbit based off of peoples roleclaims and what they apparently did last night, and sends it to them, along with all the information. If we instead gave Errol no information and relied on Strider finding him (with the potential of Drunk Strider messing things up), it would be a worse situation.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2009, 01:06:26 am »

I still don't see how this was a bad gambit. We have a confirmed town player, who we can all send our roles to. He deduces a likely hobbit based off of peoples roleclaims and what they apparently did last night, and sends it to them, along with all the information. If we instead gave Errol no information and relied on Strider finding him (with the potential of Drunk Strider messing things up), it would be a worse situation.
The emphasis, though, should be on wiping out Mordor's guys, not spinning our wheels and passing the ring around.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2009, 01:15:33 am »

But if one player has all the information, it should be easier to find out who is Nazgul and who isn't.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2009, 01:23:55 am »

Except now the ring is floating around and has to remain in constant motion...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2009, 01:28:33 am »

But you still have a couple of days (and most mafias only last around 3-4 days) with a solid town base. Just before death, Errol could reveal who he is going to give the ring to, and that would be the new base of the town.

This is assuming that the person who got the ring could also use it on the same night.
I've played some mafia.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2009, 01:34:32 am »

Nope. No using the ring the same night.

So far, I got six players sending me Hobbit roles, consisting of two Merry/Pippin pairs and two regulars. I won't give out the names just yet, as I will need to preserve targets. I think I got two Nazguls in the bunch. Now the hard work will be figuring out whom to lynch, and whom to give the ring to.

Webadict is fishy. I will not mention details for now, but he's fishy. I have no info about Alexhans, but Pandar claimed to be a hobbit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:40:26 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2009, 01:38:05 am »

Only two? Do you think one decided to claim as a man to avoid being wiped out if the hobbits started getting run down?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2009, 01:39:16 am »

Problem is, Errol has to figure out a confirmed Townie/Hobbit. Well, assuming he knows a Hobbit that he can be sure isn't Nazgul, he could hand it off before he dies and not tell anybody, and also hand off the list of who said they were who. Then the new Ringbearer could examine the list carefully and watch who votes for who and who has what motives while being relatively safe due to anonymity. Right before the Night Phase, the new Ringbearer reveals their suspicions and who they think is Nazgul. When the Night Phase begins, they anonymously hand off the Ring to a confirmed Hobbit before being killed.

You need a confirmed investigator for this to work, I guess, and one that isn't drunk. I guess it could also work without the handoffs, and the new Ringbearer could just remain anonymous. 
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2009, 01:43:34 am »

Only two? Do you think one decided to claim as a man to avoid being wiped out if the hobbits started getting run down?

I think there's a catch in this question, so I won't answer it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2009, 01:59:17 am »

Should the person who gets the ring handed to them use the ring, or just attempt to stay safe in anonymousness? If they use the ring, they will have to pass it off the next night, but if they don't use it they could be killed randomly.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2009, 02:03:57 am »

Webadict is fishy. I will not mention details for now, but he's fishy. I have no info about Alexhans, but Pandar claimed to be a hobbit.
Would you care to explain why or am I supposed to somehow guess?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15