Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: LoTR Mafia Ch.1: (Day 2)  (Read 23441 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LoTR Mafia: Round 1 Has Begun!
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 11:14:27 am »

Although I'm not in this game, I just want to say that some phrases are quite standard when concerning voting in mafia, this is to keep things uniform and easy to understand.

The usual:

Abstain: Not voting at all
No Lynch: Vote to not lynch at all.
Vote *name* Who you are voting for.

There are some variations, which may be allowed or disallowed depending on who the moderator is. For example, Meph allows the Always hammer command, which'll mean you are technically the last person to vote for somebody.

EDIT: ninja'd

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 11:18:09 am »

Well, when the experienced players hound you to do something, you do kinda HAVE to do it.

Random voting is good, but just be aware that since most people think no lynching day 1 is a scum-sign, most people random vote/lynch day 1 just to not look like scum. Of course, it's good for the town, so no complaining.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 12:31:02 pm »

Um, right ok. Webadict is always slightly suspicuos (sp?) to me for the only reason that he is so damn confusing to decide on. Apart from him I don't know, so I abstain.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 12:37:28 pm »

Well, when the experienced players hound you to do something, you do kinda HAVE to do it.

Random voting is good, but just be aware that since most people think no lynching day 1 is a scum-sign, most people random vote/lynch day 1 just to not look like scum. Of course, it's good for the town, so no complaining.
True. But I like when people do things.

Um, right ok. Webadict is always slightly suspicuos (sp?) to me for the only reason that he is so damn confusing to decide on. Apart from him I don't know, so I abstain.
See? This is an okay post. I'd prefer you didn't abstain, but at least you're voicing your suspicions.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 12:39:08 pm »

I haven't got much time right now...

I skimmed through the the thread and saw webadict's claim...

It's odd... He could perfectly be insane or drunken or something like that I read in the rules...

Webadict:  I REALLY don't understand your move... You think your results will be accurate?

Anyway... I'll read all of this ASAP and comment.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2009, 12:49:29 pm »

Maybe I'm Strider, maybe I'm Drunk, or maybe I'm just lying and am really holding on to some ring of destructive power. The point is that I don't want any rings given to me.

Also, Frodo should just have Sam protect him until Sam dies, in which case he'll be able to use the ring until he's seen and then pass it off.

I felt like being bold this game.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »

You could of just claimed to be a man. Actually, I think everybody who knows themselves to not be a hobbit should claim as such, to reduce accidental losses from Frodo passing off the ring.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 01:31:30 pm »

So is this a roleclaim? WOnt work. Nazgul claims it, and frodo givesx it to them. :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 02:51:22 pm »

Actually, it's not a bad idea, just to claim man or hobbit.  Sure, the Nazgul and the spy will claim hobbit (or not, depending on how far into the WIFOM they go), but it will keep the true and blue humans from accidentally losing the game due to a misplaced ring.  Frodo and Sam, who know each other, should probably claim human, in order to keep them from being picked out.  Then the Nazgul have a choice: start killing the people who claimed human in order to get to the ring-bearer more quickly, or take out all the hobbits to whom the ring can be passed before moving on to the actual ring bearer.  In either situation, it delays the Nazgul from actually killing the ringbearer, as Frodo always has a warning before being taken out, in the form of a loyal Sam.  He can then talk to the claimed hobbits in order to discern who is real and who is fake.

Anybody spot any horrible, glaring flaws in my logic?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »

No.

I am a Regular, Hobbit

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 02:59:25 pm »

I would not suggest claiming roles just yet, only your race.

And forgive me, Org, but I'm waiting for a more experienced player to agree with me before I'll firmly support my idea.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:10 pm »

The nazgul could always claim human, so they would seem less suspicious.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2009, 03:09:03 pm »

I would not suggest claiming roles just yet, only your race.

And forgive me, Org, but I'm waiting for a more experienced player to agree with me before I'll firmly support my idea.
It doesnt really matter.

Regulars have no power.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 03:49:10 pm »

I support this idea.

And now the question is am I an experianced player?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 05:04:05 pm »

This is stupid. The Hobbits right now should have found the gamebreaking strategy, and yet they didn't. Guess what? I'm going to break the game right here, right now.

See, you can't trust most roleclaims in this game at all. Why? To put it bluntly, the guy roleclaiming might be drunk.

Right now, I'm roleclaiming. I'm Samwise "Sam" Gamgee, with the sole power of acting as a guardian, dying in somebody else's place. My buddy's name is "Errol", who is in fact, the hobbit Frodo. Of course, that doesn't mean we actually are Sam and Frodo, it just appears to me that we are.

I know that I am at least a hobbit, and therefore pro-Town. I do not know if I am in fact really Sam or if I am really a Drunk. I also do not know what Errol is. He may be Frodo, he may be the Drunk, or he may be an agent of Nazgul. You may also think the opposite may also be the case, that Errol might be a Drunk, and I am Nazgul's Agent, and I cannot find a way to disprove of that other than stating that I'm trying to help the Town out by trying a plan to break this game.

I will vote Errol and urge for everyone else, even Errol, to vote for him. If Errol is really in fact Frodo, then I am really in fact Sam. I will protect Errol during the day, so instead of Errol being lynched, I will be lynched in his place. Errol now becomes a "confirmed" townie. Furthermore, if Errol is Frodo, he has access to the ring, providing him instant protection the next night and a 50% chance of being protected every night thereafter. Nazgul's Agents may further be forced into a WIFOM, because they have to be worry if Errol is in fact using that ring, thereby making any murder attempt on Errol a pointless waste of time that would be better off killing somebody else. Errol also has a chance to hand that ring off if he feels that it is wearing off.

If Errol is not really Frodo, then I will not be Sam, and therefore, I will fail in my attempts to protect Errol (and presumably survive in the process). Errol may either be a Drunk...or he may be Nazgul's Agent. That's a 50% chance of getting rid of Nazgul's Agent on Day 1. Either way Errol will be dead, and I will be a semi-confirmed Townie (with some people arguing otherwise), with at least an alibi.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:06:10 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15