Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 198885 times)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Booz'

Lot's of it.

Actually, the ship and it's extensions work just fine with raw material, but refined goods would suit us very well. Be sure to have some sort of forge. Hell, we can even go resource hunting, and make all sorts of modifications to our ship with what materials we gather. We'll have massive furnaces, hellbore cannons, and a ridiculous fuel supply, ready to take on battlestations so powerful, it would take crystal modifications to be sure the sheer devastation of such a behemoth.

Next thing you know, the sheer awesomeness will make everything go quasi and a journey that'll normally take a month would take mere days tops. Let's just hope my crew are a bunch of happy campers. We don't want to attract some frumple attention. We don't need silly cows.

Looks like you'll need a rival enemy ship just to keep you guys from rampaging the countryside.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So here's the plan...
Large City that over looks a floating dock that spreads outwards away from it, the only way into this said city is though the Docks themselves or another secret way...
The City itself will produce the following...

Foodstuffs -
Food - Lavish and So on, multiple foodtypes.
Booze - High Quality or better, Above and Below Ground Plants (vanilla based)

Weapons/Armour -
Large amounts of Iron and Steel Bars- to be used to repair Ship's Hull.
Shipbound Weaponry - Such as Balista and Catapult Parts.
Shipbound Ammo - Balista Ammo, Steel Heads.
Personal Armour - For the men that work aboard the Craft.
Personal Weapons - Swords, Axe, Crossbow, etc.
Personal Ammo - Steel and Iron Bolts, Training Bolts are for the Young.

Furniture -
Chairs, Doors, Tables - Surely some will be damaged during Midair assaults.
Barrels aplenty - Never can store enough.
Chests and Coffers - For the Booty lads.
Computer Component - Repairs to Chenjesu. (Cut Gems)

Other Goods -
Clothing - Assorted clothes for those boring days.
Odds and Ends - Every Man has his needs. Mine just happens to be Cloaks.

Personal -
Fresh Blood - Marksmen and Assault Crew trained here.
Arm the Cannons - Siege operators taught not to fire till you see the whites of their eyes.
In the Sun - No one will Puke...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Found my site...
Needs a Name...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:27:19 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

If possible, harness the powers of both magma and waterfall/water source, and make a bathhouse. Seeing as we airdwarves have naught much access to hot clean water, aside what our boiler can filter (so much can be siphoned), and what our well can gather; though bathing is not much a requirement amongst us; some of us captains must retain as much decorum as possible if we are to make fair trade with other nations and merchants.

Let's not forget, it does help intimidation to at least feign that we can keep to ourselves in the sky, and still appear healthy and well groomed.

They no need to know an airbuccaneer has places that act as sanctuary after months of drifting the skies.

I found some plans amongst the belongings of one of my lost dwarves.

Bath House Plans:

O\333 water 333/O
|7777 magma 77777

EDIT:
What kind of name do you need? Pick a theme, I can think up one.

FURTHER EDIT:
Pardon my lack of updates again. Too many distractions, and my job wearing down on me, as per life. Kinda tends to make me lose interest in getting to work on this. Any tips to help alleviate this is welcomed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:39:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Any sailing ship has to dock eventually, I'm sure they'd assume.

In fact, any land dwarf would tell you you have an unhealthy lack of dirt.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you won't even need to fight the elves; they will explode when they see all the cut wood used to make your ship :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Any sailing ship has to dock eventually, I'm sure they'd assume.

In fact, any land dwarf would tell you you have an unhealthy lack of dirt.
Why else a bathhouse/spa? Mud baths of course. We need the dirt. Obsidian mud of course. And to trick more OCD places about cleanliness, also reason for blazing hot water. Plus, the combination of the two can help remedy any airsick dwarves. BTW, BO can wear on one in due time. It's especially bad when you start hearing machines complain from corrosion.

And in case any non-dwarf sky-captains dare take on the "Land of Tomorrow" (possible name?), we can lure them with these high-society things, as we "restock" our goods. ;D

We should also be able to have a high-yield of pegasus meat to trade as well. I mean, with exploding elves at the sight of our immense fleet of flying wooden monoliths; pegasai should be easy pickings. And we should have a breeding pair in case we run low. It's funny when you watch one with trimmed wings attempt to fly off a steep, tall plateau.

We can always take bets to see if it bounces.

I think you won't even need to fight the elves; they will explode when they see all the cut wood used to make your ship :D
Speaking of which, I haven't taken the time to appraise the total cost of materials, IE- just how many logs were used and etc.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:54:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Obsidian Mud is wishful thinking, physically, because Obsidian is crystalline by nature. But we'll roll with it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theme is simple...
Its a Harbor where your Craft (and your Opponent, she is a neutral City) Dock to resupply... Think about that Pirate Harbor, um.. What was it called again???

Give me ideas, the Bath House is included now, I will be using the UG river nearby. The thing is that the Chasm cut a couple of peaks in half and in bits due to the fingers, so they will be flattened or something, haven't decided, but the part that extends along the length of the Chasm itself will be flattened so that the Dock overlooks everything...

Add anything you want to see into this Habour, its up to you guys, I will be going to work shortly and I am planing to take part in DF Masters 2. So I will be working on this every now and then. But she shall be finished but names and buildings of this Fair city shall be added on suggestions...

Perhaps I should make another Thread for this alone. ke ke ke...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heres the Map of the area...
I am thinking to tweak in some Sand just to make Glass and the like.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:02:03 pm by Neyvn »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think Obsidian Mud is wishful thinking, physically, because Obsidian is crystalline by nature. But we'll roll with it.
I think I've actually heard of spas that use volcanic ash due to it's properties.

...Okay, I feel less like a man right now.

I really hope I'm becoming more dwarf, instead of the more popular belief.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Theme is simple...
Its a Harbor where your Craft (and your Opponent, she is a neutral City) Dock to resupply... Think about that Pirate Harbor, um.. What was it called again???

Give me ideas, the Bath House is included now, I will be using the UG river nearby. The thing is that the Chasm cut a couple of peaks in half and in bits due to the fingers, so they will be flattened or something, haven't decided, but the part that extends along the length of the Chasm itself will be flattened so that the Dock overlooks everything...

Add anything you want to see into this Habour, its up to you guys, I will be going to work shortly and I am planing to take part in DF Masters 2. So I will be working on this every now and then. But she shall be finished but names and buildings of this Fair city shall be added on suggestions...

Perhaps I should make another Thread for this alone. ke ke ke...
This is starting to feel alot like the Airbuccaneers mod for UT2k4. Except we don't have killer plump helmets that 1-shot-kills you when you're out of bounds.

What would also be an interesting idea to try out is making a similar sky-fortress thing, except it's more a sky-city, completely detatched from land. Well, sorta. It would require anchors and sails to keep horizontal, and also to navigate. The anchors would especially help with guidance. It can also have all sorts of similar extensions that make it function like a city, though mostly dependent on what the sky, and the advantage of death from above can allow.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too tell the truth I was thinking that, but the City in the side of a Mountain is More 'Steampunk Airship World' you have started up here. Floating Cities are more Dues Ex machina ending things...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ash is not obsidian. Obsidian is lava that cools at an extremely fast rate. Ash is burnt dirt and stuff.

Again: Obsidian is not Ash.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Ash is not obsidian. Obsidian is lava that cools at an extremely fast rate. Ash is burnt dirt and stuff.

Again: Obsidian is not Ash.
Now that you think of it, an obsidian bath would hurt like hell. Screw it, it's definitely more dwarfy than a volcanic ash bath.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24