Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197761 times)

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should've gone to a map with no trees  ;D. That way you would have to farm trees, as an extra challenge.

PS. Have you tried making it out of feather trees?
I think we found the only thing stupider than a dwarf.
Ladies and Gentlemen; Wagons can run shit over.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile

My god,

That, good sir, is awesome!
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Why thank you. Hopefully, this weekend I should be able to work on it again. Finally.

I hate my job. I'm currently asking whoever's playing to reassign me to a better one.

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hang on... I just realised that everything killed by this thing wil have been...

Boatmurdered  ;D
It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

*gasp*

He's right!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I didn't even notice that easter egg. On my own work if anything. Good job Roger!

I really gotta get back to work on this.

I'll see what I can do, expect something to come up tonight.

EDIT:
BTW, I think a true boatmurder would be if you get crushed and rubbed into the ground by the bottomside, while getting dragged by a grapple-ballista for miles. And be used as bait while everyone's fishing inside/above a magma pipe.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:44:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Speaking of Boatmurdered....

Spoiler: Y3S4: High Ate Us (click to show/hide)

What in the name of-- How? *whimper* And how did he live?!?!!

Spoiler: ...Wow (click to show/hide)

I might render ol' Cid soon enough.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:12:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow. actually, that would be an interesting starting 7, what with the child and all.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

wow. actually, that would be an interesting starting 7, what with the child and all.
Good point. I have just about everything to "Start anew".

And wouldn't you know, the leader since the beginning is still alive, and the ship is still afloat.

The original of originals is still around. Big problem though. We still have some KO's tantrumming in their sleep, just as well, the caverns are filled with miasma, and we lack a farmer/cook/brewer.

We can only hope reinforcements arrive soon. (Or a reclaim to suit such)

Should I reclaim if my 7 survive it?

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And wouldn't you know, the leader since the beginning is still alive, and the ship is still afloat.

The original of originals is still around. Big problem though. We still have some KO's tantrumming in their sleep, just as well, the caverns are filled with miasma, and we lack a farmer/cook/brewer.

If your Surviving 7 survive, you should continue. Albiet, you likely will have problems with migrants for a year or 2, but you can use that time to clean up.

Also, you should set up some traps for the goblins.

edit: also, reclaimers are all friends, which might become a problem later on.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

If your Surviving 7 survive, you should continue. Albiet, you likely will have problems with migrants for a year or 2, but you can use that time to clean up.

Also, you should set up some traps for the goblins.

edit: also, reclaimers are all friends, which might become a problem later on.
Right. Don't want to replicate Boatmurdered unless I feel like draining the magma pipe next time.

>:)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:04:10 am by Itnetlolor »

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile

I've been reading this for a while and i have some questions (sorry if they've been answered!)
1. Will it fly?
2. If so, will it land?
3. If not, how will it get food/water?
4. What happens if you crash?
5. What will you do with it?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

No, no structure can fly or land or move, only pancake- and caveins are turned off to prevent that, so it's totally static. There's drawbridges connecting it to the nearby land, to simulate landing. When he's done, he will pretend it can fly (and post awesome pics). It's basically a big model though.

Also, why haven't you simply set up a total quarantine? In a year you could have done enough landscaping and wall building to never have to worry about goblins again. And yeah, I still think this warrants doing- abandon and reclaim to get more guys if you have to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, no structure can fly or land or move, only pancake- and caveins are turned off to prevent that, so it's totally static. There's drawbridges connecting it to the nearby land, to simulate landing. When he's done, he will pretend it can fly (and post awesome pics). It's basically a big model though.

But then anybody can go and pretend that they're doing cool stuff, even when they actually aren't doing so at all. That could lead to a lot of...rather strange stuff to occur...gameplay/story segregation FTL.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

duuude....
make a large statue of bowser on the top deck.

also, make some obsidian-cast cannons.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24