Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197754 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (MCEdit SCHEMATICS UPLOADED!!!)
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2011, 11:35:10 am »

Can it fly/move?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (MCEdit SCHEMATICS UPLOADED!!!)
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2011, 12:38:46 pm »

Necro much?...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »

I agree.

The question has been answered in the thread earlier (17 posts and 46 posts ago). As much as I have advertised my project, I don't like when it gets needlessly necro'd. Unless you have more to contribute that's relevant (ideas for it's next incarnation planned), or modifications you have made with the original (open invite), or anything else that adds to it aside another crap post, then I'm okay with it. In any other case, crap-posting to necro this thread is not a form of advertising it I appreciate.

Read before you post, or at least learn to use the search function (CTRL+F or COMMAND+F or the forum's search function; it does work for individual topics as well, you know).

NOTICE TO ANY OTHER POSTERS, NEW AND OLD

Not to be too rude (I consider it necessarily rude), but: TL;DR's, use the damn search function, page up/down buttons, or the little scroll bar wherever you have it placed, to cut to the chase or look for a gorram summary or an answer to a question you have, or don't bother responding to the thread/post at all because you lack the patience to do little reading. This not only applies to my thread, but anywhere else. They're usually provided in long-ass posts or big threads, out of courtesy from those aware of doing so. I am guilty of making long posts myself, or making threads go on for a good while, and I do summarize things because of such. In any other case, learn to read, or gain some more patience, because you know what? There are many words to absorb no matter what, learn to take the hit. If you can read through TVTropes, Cracked.com, and numerous other sites, including Wikipedia (any have 10+ tabs open almost all the time, usually of them, or various other places, regardless of nature of content); I think you can read through something like an essay or a long thread without much problem. You have no other excuse for not making the effort.

If you have nothing (productive) to add with your response, then don't respond at all; you'll only look dumb(er).

Simple enough rule to follow. I've noticed there's been a lack of following it lately. If it's to cut off your 'Escaped Lunatic' status, then that's stupid.

I don't want to lock this thread to prevent any more crap-posting; I left it unlocked so that anyone willing to contribute anything to it still can. But if this keeps up, I may as well deny anyone else the opportunity to show their work (fan work and whatnot; provided any) because nobody knows how to read or has the patience to sit through a few more posts/pages/paragraphs.

A good rule of thumb for everyone; if you're burdened by having so many pages to read through (which also causes TL;DR to occur often), just increase the posts per-page count in your account settings. It makes going through these forums a hell of alot easier. I only see 7 pages in this thread because I set mine to maximum settings (50 posts per-page). More content, fewer pages (usually 1/5 the amount from default), easier reading, believe it or not.

TL;DR: Read the damn post/thread before responding or asking questions.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:28:23 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]