Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197803 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

HUZZAH! More progress. Got my second update for the day, amazingly enough.

Here it is

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:46:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Well, this calls for a real facepalm on my part. Read below, and you'll see what I mean. I should've done that remedy since the first signs of problems. It hung up my project for the season. At least I settled some issues, and got the engine block positions known. Next step, Building/placing.

Ugh. At least we should still have momentum. Once things calm down, we should be able to continue at a decent pace.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Well then, another tantrum spiral took out another leader. He retired for his own sanity instead. Actually I wanted to abandon 1 day before the next year for 2 reasons: 1- minimize scatter for new year reclaim, and 2- I don't want to lose aentire year for logging which would further scatter things to the ass-end of the site. He might live, but I'll maybe install a quarantine zone for all the previous crew.

Here's "Balthier's" last entry.

Spoiler: Y7S4: Fit Shan (click to show/hide)

Next up to bat is Mustadio. An engineer. Handy with a crossbow, and reviver of relics. He has a passion for unusual machines, such as this artifact airship, for example. Talk of being powered by stones concern him however.

We'll see how he handles it now.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make sure the space pirates goblins don't fuck the miners and builders

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: Alright, moving on.)
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2010, 12:13:46 am »

Well, this caught me by surprise. It turns out that abandoning by the end of Winter still makes it progress by a year. :-\

Oh well, I made decent progress nonetheless. Re-training my miners so they can collect material, yay. I don't feel like training them, but I have no choice, I still need at least 20 more light red tiles.

I won't be able to double-update tomorrow, but still, I'm plowing through.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: Alright, Moving On.)
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:40 pm »

Much development still. Nice.

Spoiler: Y9S2: Monkey Business (click to show/hide)

Mulling over to myself, I might make a very minor modification to the engine setup, since I didn't foresee a couple other nagging issues with building the engine parts. Instead of constructing the engine parts towards the dining area of the ship, instead I'll build it in the other direction, mounted between them would also be an alternator mechanism in case a couple engines cut out.

Thanks to the mechanics of the game, I might be able to re-route the mechanical parts in a way that'll be more economic in construction. Overall, I think the setup would make more sense.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:47:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: That's it... bye bye.)
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2010, 03:48:12 pm »

I'm not kidding, this has become a running gag now. What the hell? My average reclaim lifespan is roughly a year now (abandon before EVERYONE is lost). The cause? Those damn birds and starvation, and a bunch of impatient starving dwarves that can't take one moment to wait for a trade to happen so that tons of food can be gathered thanks to one hell of a sale of scrap armor and cloth from past reclaimers.

We're running out of space, and I'm running out of patience myself with each team bum rushing the wagons. Ugh.

Spoiler: Y9S3: Eating My Words (click to show/hide)

No, the project isn't cancelled. I'm just sick of the constant fate, and ending it before the year ends, hoping I can continue the year immediately after, not a year after.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:20:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: That's it, bye bye.)
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

Let's hope the next one goes better. (Who are we kidding)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2010, 04:33:32 pm »

How about bringing a party with only food, dumping it in a pit, abandoning, reclaiming, etc. a few times? Then you can get in with enough food for several years already in a pit, and then work on building farms to sustain your population.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »

Problem: then he'll have "a few times" as many enemies from the pit.

This means "a few times" as many cave swallows.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »

Let us not forget, I'm getting close to the end point soon.

Food will be exclusive pretty much, but the project is still the main priority from now on. All the past expeditions were focused on the base, making it safe, easy wood collecting, learning from past mistakes, etc..

So yeah, by now, I should be able to bring mostly foodstuff with me the next reclaim, and not worry about being under-armed or uner-stocked with equipment. Enough crap from the last guys to last the remaining reclaims. Essentially, it has gotten much easier each reclaim, at the expense of hundreds of lives.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2010, 05:16:25 pm »

at the expense of hundreds of lives.
BLOODFIST HUNGERS

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: Taking a break.)
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

Well, I should have more than enough red stone to finish the emblem, and the ship-side bridge got destroyed, so the work has been done for me to lock it out.

For additional security, the back door bridges have been closed to prevent them from being destroyed by any tantrums. It shouldn't take long to recover upon next reclaim.

*Whew*

After all that, I'm going to take a short break from working on the project all of tomorrow, and get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. I've been at this all week. So, I'm just going to take a bit of a breather.

I'm going to make my updates the day after however. Aiming for a double- or if possible, triple-update to make up for lost time.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2010, 10:00:52 pm »

You have to ask yourselves why all these dwarves leap straight into their deaths again and again.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2010, 10:53:22 pm »

May Armok guide the rest into salvation, be it the fate of being one with the ship or not.

D:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24