Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197770 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Alright, I finally got the ship absolutely finished. About friggin' time too. WOO!

Spoiler: Y13S3: The Lights in the Sky Are Dwarves (click to show/hide)

I guess it means I can finally put this thing here.

And here are all the screenshots I have collected as well:

Spoiler: Front (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Back (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doorway (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain's Quarters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew Quarters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bridge A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bridge B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Topside (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bottomside (click to show/hide)

Pretty awesome huh? Definitely worth burning the midnight oil on.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: How to keep an idiot amused
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:click:
:click:
:click::click:
:click::click::click:
...no update...
...i feel so...violated...

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

The "spoilers" are not, in fact, spoilers. They use this tag:
color=#e0d960 Spoiler: Topside /color
To simulate the color.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The "spoilers" are not, in fact, spoilers. They use this tag:
color=#e0d960 Spoiler: Topside /color
To simulate the color.
I think that was obvious by clicking on them.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Just in case someone thinks schler computer is broken and tries to click them for three hours or something.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile

...BITCH!
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile

thank you for making an already bad day go down hill even faster
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Holy crap, that view-counter jumped.

April Fools.

In all seriousness, I still wasn't able to finish in the time I quoted, so I humbly accept my defeat.

Toady Won.

I'll try and get last night's update ready tomorrow; really bummed out today. Short story, day was bad enough, I'm waiting for someone or something to say "April Fools" to explain it was all a setup.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:13:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: APRIL FOOLED YA)
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2010, 11:20:30 pm »

April Fools! Your entire life has been a lie. You've been put into a simulated universe, similar to the "Matrix" fictional universe of your world, for a government-funded study on how different psyches function in the face of adversity. Anyway, since the study is over, you can return to your life of owning several planets, being friends with everyone, and being ecstatic with 1573 happiness all the time because you have 300 masterwork engravings.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (PROGRESS: APRIL FOOLED YA)
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:46 pm »

Okay, here's the honest update. I didn't finish yet, and I found a flaw with my pump system, I'll make a bit of a temp-fix at least, unless it turns out to be a viable solution. We'll see later, I just need this week to end before I can get to the final details. My mind is just not into it right now. I'll maybe post an update tomorrow if I can. Anyway, here it is. Sorry about the delay and the joke earlier.

Nice to see how many fans I really have just by seeing the difference yesterday. Wish I could've tracked it more accurately seeing as the servers got seriously bogged down when the new release came. Anyway, thanks for the support. I figured my joke should've been rather obvious considering the name, and that I didn't make a bigger ceremony of it and that I also didn't provide the saves.

BTW, this update was supposed to be posted last night by the end of the day, but yeah, work had other plans and I was in absolutely no mood to update or anything. I'm barely holding up tonight as well. However, I feel tomorrow might be better. As Lucca stated, not much time left, and only minor details remain, including a simple re-route of the boiler's gearbox.

EDIT:
Here's a little something I did with some free time. It was a bastard to find the right photos that mix together right to make this.

I decided to update the Bloodfist logo into a more realistic form based on the vectored line art. I might say, it looks pretty badass.

And here it is 1/2 scale, 1/4 scale and 15% scale respectively, and the avatar (100x100) at the bottom:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please excuse some of the artifacts. They're only more visible in the larger images and appeared after coloring the image.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:46:13 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (MEGAPROJECT COMPLETE)
« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:19 am »

And we are finally done. I have gone through a whole lot to finish this and get everything final. And to be certain it is done. I have done a bit of tinkering with the OP to be more suitable. And I have also provided all the saves I have used as I produced this object of glory.

And in honor of the original 7 that started the project, here is the climax to the megaproject.

Check out the OP for the saves. I apologize in advance for locking up the servers.

View counter as of this post (For record-sake): 26850 views

EDIT:
It's been ages since I last visited, but this finally updated (and reloacted) and I've been meaning to place it back here once it came back up. So here it is. My medal of honor (which I also made for an achievements thread some time ago which needs a major necro-update):

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:

EDIT NOTE:
As you would see in the Achievement Unlocked thread, the site 404'd so the achievement once again faded into the mists.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:48:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:39 am »

so any new mega projects or are you going to rest for now?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #329 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:05 am »

I'm going to take a bit of rest for the time being and get my head wrapped around v0.31. I have a special plan set for that in the future. Maybe not as epic as this beast, but still a nifty idea that makes alot of use of it's location and abuses drop-bridges.

Of course, burrows will worry about cleanup and salvage from the impact craters. Provided cliffs make/made a comeback. Otherwise, I'll just play it by ear like I usually do with my ideas.

Just as well, I have a Carippo hybrid monster I've been working on and taming, as well as building a lab for such tests, and I also feel like seeing how Arena mode will assist in my testing of these critters. If I only had them as my guards this entire time, this whole project could've taken half the time. Food becoming the next issue.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped keep me interested in finishing what I have started. Feel free to screw around with the ship or reproduce your very own. Of course, I've been working on my project in a semi-more-realistic manner. Having a skeleton does help reduce the time by spreading out the tasks so more dwarves can work on it all at once.

After I take my break, I might continue the legacy of Bloodfist, and start a community game with delivering it home and whatever else. I could use a little bit more creative freedom in storytelling. It could possibly become the next Pirates of the Fondled Waters. Actually, that community game inspired me to make a ship of my own.

I forgot to include some BG music that the Chenjesu computers also provide for the pilots. Programmed by a mysterious force.

Great, found a different distraction to tie me over for a good while.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:27:00 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24