Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197808 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (MEGAPROJECT COMPLETE)
« Reply #330 on: April 05, 2010, 05:59:11 pm »

Does Bloodfist actually move around? How is that possible?

(Wait, did you just scroll down to make those movies?)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:30 pm »

Yep. (Just scrolled down)

Simple solution to a complex problem. I figure that can be a sort of a time-lapse clip to use if it's a short flight or something in the community or succession flight (I guess it can begin as a community fort for my delivery and succession if I decide to use it "For Hire". Depending on if there's any mutiny on board.

I just realized something: I think it's possible to take advantage of the boilers as a "waterfall source" or "sauna". Although I advise against doing so with a real one.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:21:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:23 pm »

I just realized something: I think it's possible to take advantage of the boilers as a "waterfall source" or "sauna". Although I advise against doing so with a real one.
Heh heh, putting that in my sig thread.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2010, 01:26:10 am »

Sorry for reviving this two-week-old thread, but has anyone managed to open the save without getting "missing reaction definition"?
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2010, 02:14:53 am »

As far back as I can recall, the only things I have adjusted was turning off cave-ins and also using the Mayday graphics.

I don't know what else could've gone wrong? I'll look through my raws files and see if I can find it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:57:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2010, 02:42:17 am »

have you considered turning the cave ins on to see it crash?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »

Keep that fort's save. I wanna render it with my rendering mojo once we get a universal exporter from obsidian. I can't guarantee it'll look half decent though. (I suck at architectural renders  :P)

PS: Loved the chrono trigger references there. I'm thinking about doing a DF chrono trigger re-creation now... :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:37:45 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 05, 2010, 07:54:01 pm »

Reviving this to ask, Itnetlolor, can you upload your raws folder for this?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (RAWS UPLOADED!!!)
« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2010, 12:14:41 am »

Reviving this to ask, Itnetlolor, can you upload your raws folder for this?
Done and done.

Again, for the N-th time to everyone struggling, I have uploaded the RAWS folder; and I apologize that I haven't done this sooner. Let's hope this is all that needs to be done. Have fun.

Regarding having a community game involving this, I've had some free time made available; however, you may have to mind the quality of the community fort I might run, however, seeing as it would be my first. Also, I've taken a rather lengthy hiatus from playing DF, so I should have some interest returning in due time.

I might at least mock something up for next week or something, however, don't expect a preset update schedule or anything. It'll be more of an 'on a whim' or 'when I feel like it' kind of production schedule.

EDIT:
Seeing as the thread has been necro'd anyway, feel free to post if it works properly now or not.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:44:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (MCEdit SCHEMATICS UPLOADED!!!)
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:49 pm »

Bumping to say that I have finally got my MCEdit schematics uploaded. Feel free to fly around in Minecraft with this beauty. Use it in Skylands, add it to your server. Just go nuts with it.

OP is updated along with sig. Enjoy!

Plus, just got 40,000 hits.

EDIT: (4-22-11)
If you're reading this since the date noted, then I might have an updated schematic set ready when the view counter breaches the 50k mark.

Essentially, I'll be updating everything to look more consistent with what it actually looks like, than the raw conversion format the converter did. That means that beds will actually be beds (like the release crafting has, and not big fluffy blocks), boilers will look more like boilers (golden, more like), and the props will even look sharper (kudos half-blocks of other types). I say it'll be a good project to take on until I see a fitting release of DF to get started on the successor (Bloodaxe). I'll do what I can to make it how I saw the Bloodfist. I can maybe make it 3 releases. 1 is the classic edition (IE- won't be deleting the old file), 2 is going to be the Minecraft 1_5 (or later, depending on when I work on it) refinement and cleanup, and 3 will be a smoother version overall (resembling the little sprite in the sig more, as well as one of my illustrations).

I don't know when I'll exactly be working on that project, but I'll try to get version 2 ready before the ticker passes 50,000. Thanks for the support.

EDIT EDIT: (5-27-11)
Recently got a new exterior sketch made to get a general idea of what I want for the ship. It will definitely be bigger, but I don't have a clear idea of what I want for the interior of the ship. Nonetheless, where the Bloodfist was 5 decks tall, Bloodaxe will be 7. It will also be essentially wider by a few tiles, have a more stylized/curved backside, and an interesting twist to make use of more engines to propel and lift the craft. Naturally, I have installed more hardpoints to mount weapons onto the ship, as well as designated a plan to be able to mount the axeblade onto the front of the ship, also doubling as a way to reinforce the structure. Unlike Bloodfists's old side-loading methods, Bloodaxe will now be a wider-mouthed rear-loading design; more suitable for larger loads. The Bloodaxe's design will be more based on the classic galleon design, rather than sloop design the Bloodfist had. In other words, this thing is even bigger, and badder than it's predecessor.

Now all I really need next is a way to compose the inside to make it ergonomic, feasible, and plausible mechanically and weight-distribution-wise; but still with enough similarity with Bloodfist's design to stay related in design style. Oh yeah, and we may need more boilers to power this behemoth. I'm thinking maybe 4 with a central hub diff.

I might consider (if it's not too much trouble) to see if I can possibly mount a magma pump system that can load Bloodaxe with magma for a molten bombarding system without burning down the entire ship, and also not interfering too much with the overall process and design of the ship. I will need to develop some prototype designs for a loading and drop system. A loading system that is detatchable, yet pluggable, and a container that can be loaded and placed in the center of the ship (magma is heavy), and deposited on the ground without frying the gunners below deck.

Considering I might allow a water containment system, I can maybe make a dual pump system that can allow flooding a loading system/container, both water and magma, and to their dedicated containment systems.. I guess I can install some screw pump systems on-board the ship and a series of floodgates and fluid catch systems at the dry-dock so I can lead what needs to be filled, and easily retract/dismantle the pipeline in an equally safe catch zone. I suppose a sort of obsidian factory can be made to supply the catch and disconnect/dismantle system (cave-ins; unless I can setup drawbridges as temp. walls).

EDIT EDIT EDIT: (6-14-11)
During my time off and visiting the folks, I got around to working on some concept art of what I will be working with. It's a familiar setup, but it shows most of what I have intended for the future of the project.

Mind the art quality. I was doing this to pass time while on the plane ride home, so I wasn't worrying too much about details, so the foreshortening is a tad off, as are several other details. Give me a few hours and the right mindset, I can make it look many times better. Due to the foreshortening and etc. the blades would be too hard to spot anyway; plus, I'm still debating over their design and how to apply it in-game. Don't worry, I'm still waiting until the next version of DF before I commence production. It will be a community effort this time around, I didn't forget.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: (6-22-11)
50k benchmark reached. Thanks for the support. I'm still taking my time designing the Bloodaxe (focusing on the interior this time). I've been a bit busy with other IRL things, but I'll see what I can do about getting something setup at a later date.

In the meantime, I might take up another moment and finish the Mine-Craft version2 of the Bloodfist, as well as maybe make a 3D model (low-res likely) with better details (at least externally). I dunno, but I will try to get around to finishing V2 of the Bloodfist Minecraft schematic.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:10:03 am by Itnetlolor »

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2011, 03:05:24 pm »

damn. you built dorf airship out of legos. i applaud your dorfiness!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:35 pm »

Holy necro, Batman (no magma please). Nearly a year since last post in this thread (excluding secret Bloodaxe plans edits).

And thanks, I worked on 2x2-per DF tile so I could accurately map the whole thing layer-by-layer, and improvise where needed. I would recommend this method for any other project if you're designing in 3D. But there could be better options out there for modeling with (like even the SimCity3 building editor or ASCII Paint). I figured Lego would be the best medium to work with at the moment due to the variety of pieces I could use.

Oh, and if you intend to build it IRL, you may need to cough up some serious cash to do so. LDD claimed it to be nearly $700 if I recall correctly. (Fuzzy memory, I was off by nearly 10x)

Funny enough, the Minecraft schematic from the converter was mostly accurate to how the LDD render turned out. I've been meaning to finish up updating the schematic to the most recent Minecraft version relevances. Even with being able to abuse Creative Mode too. I keep putting it off.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:54:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Holy necro, Batman (no magma please)

I CAN FORESEE YOUR MEME!!! I CAN OUT-PACE YOU!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24