Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197795 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The new flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject In Progress)
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 08:54:45 am »

No, what we really need is to keep the foxes(it is a fox right? always thought it was a fox) out of those planes.  Then they'll go off with some little blue hedgehog fighting robots.

Spoiler: Sensei (click to show/hide)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2009, 10:02:52 am »

In case we get any dire hedgehogs teamed up with genius mutant foxes; we gotta forge dozens of vehicles that are multi-purpose. We'll need some that can withstand and launch magma, of course. Tunnel boring machines, hammer-armed floaters, electric gravity-defiers... The list goes on.

And, of course, the obligatory airship.

Maybe with a tall enough embark site, we can construct a Death Egg. But to power it, we may need some lignite bins, magma, and plenty of water; and lots, and I mean LOTS of mills and wheels and mechanisms.

That spiny hedgehog will NOT defeat me. You know why? Because...

I am the Eggman *woo*,
they are the Eggmen *woo*;
I am the walrus, koo koo ka-chu!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:05:39 am by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2009, 12:48:31 pm »

This is quickly turning into a Nintendo mod...

Mario should be a megabeast. Too bad we can't give him the ability to climb 1 Z-level cliffs like when you climb out of a pool in adventure mode.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2009, 05:45:40 pm »

But Mario can fly.  Oh, and don't forget the fire flower breath.  That's important.

Anyway, here's the high-res version with second deck, ready for approval, captain:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:52:09 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2009, 09:27:38 pm »

I like. Carry on.

Another message has been sent by the foreman of the project. About time it arrived. Let's see...

:opens carrier pipe:

Spoiler: Y1S2: Project Delays (click to show/hide)

...And that's the news.

Well, that explains the delay. Poor bird hasn't been properly fed. I guess they have been working their butts off. At least you should be getting your money's-worth soon enough, Woodstock. They may even feed you their local vermin by the time you return.

:Let's the yellow cave falcon return with confirmation message:

Nilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2009, 03:25:42 am »

You MUST have magma cannons in this thing.
That kind of deductive reasoning is undorfy!
You know what you have to do.
RELEASE THE CATS!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2009, 06:23:40 pm »

What dimensions should the third deck be, roughly, in comparison to the two lower floors?
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2009, 09:15:16 pm »

Slightly more further back to retain both boat-like form, as well as housing many mechs.

There should be a thin channel (wall/floor/wall 1-tile wide passage) around the rear perimeter of the deck (as illustrated) to house the axles with 1 or 2 windows (inner/outer) for both maintainence and/or being able to look outside/get a good shot. And the front extends the most. Basically, it needs to be pretty rear-heavy in form in order to help balance out from the weight of the engine blocks focused near-front.

I think the dimensions go by ratio (from Depot Rear:Front):

I guess a 1:3 ratio (backside extended about 2-4 tiles further post-ratio measure), more or less closer to 3.5. And compared to the lower deck, about 1-2 tiles-worth wider (probably excluding maintainence pipeline). I haven't been working on it lately.

Speaking of which. Sorry for a lack of updates. Really busy work week, plus a few unexpected visitors. I'll try to make up for it this weekend, when everything's settled down.

:Itnetlolor cancels posting. Sleeping.:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:21:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2009, 12:30:58 am »

What's this? An update?  :o

Yes it is! I apologize for not updating; I had a busy week. Family visited, work was hell (a re-opening celebration; *ugh*, and recovery for maybe a day). I have taken some time to get everything setup for an update. Enjoy the latest one, and once more, sorry for the delay.

Nice title huh?

I'll try to follow it up tomorrow with another, hopefully in the afternoon; if not, then maybe tomorrow-night.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:00:27 am by Itnetlolor »

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:59 am »

With the Magma furnaces, I usually dig out a grid below where i want them to be then channel the last square to break into the magma and cover it with a floor. Then when you wanna open up a square for the furnace, just channel it out....
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2009, 01:18:34 am »

What, you mean is something like this?

Side:
_  ________
|\_________|

Top: -1Z
O==========O
|          |
|\         |
|          |
O==========O

For security measure, I'm using fortifications instead to fill 'er up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:29:38 am by Itnetlolor »

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2009, 01:40:55 am »

yes that is the idea... turn temp off unless you want crispy dorfs when you breach the chamber and arnt channeling it.
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2009, 01:43:02 am »

I dunno, I've had dwarves outrun magma flow before, trying this method. Plus, the stats of my miner is pretty good in swiftness.

Hopefully, I shouldn't encounter problems.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:52:42 am by Itnetlolor »

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2009, 01:45:46 am »

Think bout it

~~|☺________|

Hes ONE!!! tile away from the magma

Expect him to be !!dead!! very soon after, trust me, many-a-dorf have died in my first forts due to  heat blasts

Urist McMiner has burned to death in the heat!
I fixed that up for you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2009, 01:48:27 am »

You know what? I succeed, I'll have a video ready. Proof it's possible sans-modding to outrun magma after engraving a faucet. And not !!death!!.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24