Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197763 times)

Xether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The new flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject In Progress)
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:04 pm »

Should name it 'The Skybreaker' because well.. http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/wotlk/zones/icecrown_61.jpg

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2009, 02:52:38 pm »

Should name it 'The Skybreaker' because well.. http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/wotlk/zones/icecrown_61.jpg
The mighty gauntlet of Armok laughs at that twig in the sky; for we have maneuverability to be matched by even the greatest of creatures and elementals in the sky.

Our warriors will plunge the mighty ballista-grapples and overtake that ship and use it's parts to further improve upon our own battleship. It'll glow crimson from our victims blood. There's a reason it is called the Bloodfist, The Sky-Fortress of God. The might of Armok will plunge through any opposition with his fist.

Take that junk elsewhere. It is unworthy of our concern.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2009, 10:54:52 pm »

BTW, that ship also looks rather mass-produced. A lack of passion and pain put into it.

Check this out, 2 updates in the same day! Huzzah! (Okay, so technically, in the same day.)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:01:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2009, 08:39:20 pm »

Cool.  Sorry I haven't been working on the lego version, I was out of town for 4 days, and hadn't been sure about when I was leaving before hand.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:36 pm »

Cool.  Sorry I haven't been working on the lego version, I was out of town for 4 days, and hadn't been sure about when I was leaving before hand.
Understood. I've been rather distracted all last week; plus, my work schedule this week is going to be rather punishing.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with updates. I've just been scatterbrained the whole time, so some of my plans might not go exactly as I planned previously; dwarven behaviors not included.

I might take a short break from the game and work on the blueprint a little more after my next update.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 12:39:00 am »

I believe I've caught up for now. I'm going to take a minor break and finish up on the Lego blueprint for the next few days. I'll try to update during the weekend again (Lego, otherwise will be ASAP per deck). Until things calm down again, it might have to be that way for awhile.

Got another report up:

Here it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BTW, Olin Authorbridged is not one that exists within my fort.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:03:02 am by Itnetlolor »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 01:52:05 am »

how about a snap shot of the description or just the description, also this needs to be the hatch to the lower decks from the main deck!

This needs many artifacts to adorn this thing. lets hope they all are buildable, or at least be part of buildings like buckets.

I need to stop messing around and get down to doing my ultra-project.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2009, 01:02:27 pm »

I believe I've caught up for now. I'm going to take a minor break and finish up on the Lego blueprint for the next few days. I'll try to update during the weekend again (Lego, otherwise will be ASAP per deck). Until things calm down again, it might have to be that way for awhile.

Got another report up:

Here it is:

BTW, Olin Authorbridged is not one that exists within my fort.

Olin?
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:07 pm »

Another experiment is made; and kinda prototype for the time being.

Boiler Concept

I'll see what I can do to further improve on the model tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:54:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »

Ok I have a great idea for more lift/weaponry.  what you need to do is build some sort of cage fireing trap then proceed to capture dragons/Giant eagles/elementals then tame them using magic dwarf powers of the kennel then using chain for fire based beasts and rope for the rest attach them to the ship and using thier traning to fly though the skies and when you enemies think the are just flight support engage the windmills and release the beasts on the pitiful elves and human.  Plus it removes the whole fire canon concept because you will have living dragon canons. OR you could just hang tamed imps below you and watch as they scorch the earth.  ;D
Nom nom nom

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2009, 10:31:57 pm »

Ok I have a great idea for more lift/weaponry.  what you need to do is build some sort of cage fireing trap then proceed to capture dragons/Giant eagles/elementals then tame them using magic dwarf powers of the kennel then using chain for fire based beasts and rope for the rest attach them to the ship and using their training to fly though the skies and when you enemies think the are just flight support engage the windmills and release the beasts on the pitiful elves and human.  Plus it removes the whole fire canon concept because you will have living dragon canons. OR you could just hang tamed imps below you and watch as they scorch the earth.  ;D
Minor issue: I'm not sure whether or not my ship will be fireproof; then again, blood will be it's varnish after it's first battle.

I'm curious how to lure some dragons into my possession. However, I do have access to some fire imps.

As for the firing trap, why else the planks? I can setup two different types. Those that retract, and those that slide in/out. You know, the drop-bridge for executions, and the retractable bridgeapults.

NOTE: I finally have some free time tomorrow; I'll try to get some work done.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:54 pm »

well if you want fireproofing on the outside give it some obsidian armor plating obsidian doesn't weigh much, you can make it and it also makes for great short swords so have some on hand for emergency air to air raids might not be a bad idea.
Nom nom nom

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2009, 11:22:07 pm »

As you might know, I've begun to rob this forum of all its valuable literature for my Morrowind mod. Would it be okay with you if I copied the journal you have here (and of more relevance, a rendition of the airship itself) into the game in some form?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 11:48:15 pm »

By all means, go ahead. Heck, if you can re-render my pictures to something a little more fitting of a journal or map/blueprint to be hung on a wall or something, go ahead.

Send pics of the airship as well. I'll toss in some more notes/info (although it may be spoilers to what I'm working for) if/when necessary. This thing will be a legend, no doubt.

I'll see what I can do to render a logo for it as well. (and try to implement it into the DF version as well.)

Spoiler: For Sensei (click to show/hide)

Hell, seeing as this is inspired for a mod; myself being reminded of an Unreal Tournament level (DM-Galleon, UT99 for the curious), this sucker's gotta be built AS a UT level. (Any version if anyone's willing; classic is even acceptable.) I wanna fight on it.

MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

I'm adding this to the front page.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:49:07 am by Itnetlolor »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 12:01:32 pm »

Here's what I've rendered of the third deck so far:
The program seems a bit laggy from the size.  I went ahead and built the top of the boiler, even though it looks like that'll be on the next deck up, so I'll have to separate that.  Took me a bit of time to work out how to make a still out of LEGOs.  I need to build the forward end of that deck, too.  And obviously, the walls aren't done.

Edit:  US $845.44 at this point.  Good thing the next few floors will be relatively small, piecewise.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:30:18 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24