Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197764 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The new flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject In Progress)
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:07 pm »

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'm going to see what I can do to finish up on the lego-version right now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 12:40:13 pm »

That logo can be put on tapestries without difficulty. If I greyscale the existing temperatures on some of the dwemer machines, that should be plenty steampunk. And it's just as easy for me to make this thing flying as it is to make it on the ground docked/crashed.

Don't worry about rushing to finish it; I'm not to the point where I'll be building that just yet. That said, building an airship in the game should be fun.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 02:05:53 pm »

Well, I tried expanding the boilers to make a more convincing and visible effect, but it just distributes the water so much; only 1 cycle can be done and that's that. It wouldn't be worth having them around.

They're not disappearing though. I at least have a functional design that works as planned.

Side:
O#===O Refill Hatch     
| %% |
| %% |
|4| (or 6/7)
O=O
Top:
O====O
| %% |
O====O

And Just below:
O=O
|4| or 6/7
O=O

Sure, there will only be 1(2) visible "steam" cells, but it's enough to look like it's working.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:59 pm »

That logo can be put on tapestries without difficulty. If I greyscale the existing temperatures on some of the dwemer machines, that should be plenty steampunk. And it's just as easy for me to make this thing flying as it is to make it on the ground docked/crashed.

Don't worry about rushing to finish it; I'm not to the point where I'll be building that just yet. That said, building an airship in the game should be fun.
If you make it a living creature like some of the steam dwemer guards then you can tag it with permanent levitation and also make it kill able for some sort of screwed quest.  Oh and how dare you crash Armoks fist that's dwarven blasphemy.  :o
Nom nom nom

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:19 pm »

I finally got around to updating my LEGO creation.

It's also posted on the front page.

Refined Blueprints:
Spoiler: Bottom Deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2nd Deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3rd (Primary) Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whole Ship so far (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Features (click to show/hide)

I didn't toss in windows on the 3rd deck, where the crew resides (aside from the cabin) just yet.

EDIT:
I edited the bottom floor of the boiler, it seemed to be a bit awkward and a bit of a flaw/hazard in design, so now it extends as part of the rear of the ship. Consider it as a sort of heat-sink.

I'll update that when I get the next deck done.

EDIT 2:
In case you're wondering, I do get full power from each "windmill", so everything will be operational.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:27:55 am by Itnetlolor »

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2009, 12:25:39 am »

This iis going to be a great big build, and I foresee people talking about making it a magma, or subterranean boat.
Took me half a moment to catch that.

That gives me an idea. I should probably add a giant drill to the head,  and make sure one of my dwarves are armed to the teeth with explosives. You know, to cave in the tunnel it gets out of. But at the same time, I'll keep weary of a couple young troublemakers thinking of taking over the ship and piercing the heavens with it's drill. Just who the hell do they think I am?

I'm sorry for necroquoting, but I had to stop and applaud.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2009, 04:19:20 pm »

Somehow I missed that.  *clap*
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »

I say you use the dwarfs women's tactics of armor for the ship STRAP BABIES TO THE OUTSIDE AND USE THEM AS COMBAT ARMOR!!!!
Nom nom nom

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2009, 06:46:30 pm »

By all means, go ahead. Heck, if you can re-render my pictures to something a little more fitting of a journal or map/blueprint to be hung on a wall or something, go ahead.

Send pics of the airship as well. I'll toss in some more notes/info (although it may be spoilers to what I'm working for) if/when necessary. This thing will be a legend, no doubt.

I'll see what I can do to render a logo for it as well. (and try to implement it into the DF version as well.)

Spoiler: For Sensei (click to show/hide)

Hell, seeing as this is inspired for a mod; myself being reminded of an Unreal Tournament level (DM-Galleon, UT99 for the curious), this sucker's gotta be built AS a UT level. (Any version if anyone's willing; classic is even acceptable.) I wanna fight on it.

MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

I'm adding this to the front page.

Not to reign on potential artistic ability but that looks suspiciously like a Battletech (or Mechwarrior for those who don't know the board game, tv series, etc.) symbol for House Steiner of the Innersphere...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2009, 08:44:05 pm »

Hmm... I haven't played Mechwarrior games in a long time. Never realized it.

I just made a quick sketch and refined it as much as I could (quickly, might I add), and dealing with the quirkiness of Illustrator (after using Flash, habits change) at the same time.

I'm open to ideas making it more unique, but still somewhat renderable in game.

EDIT: I mean of course renderable in DF.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:36:42 am by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2009, 11:55:16 pm »

FYI, anything I can photoshop out can be put on a texture in the game. They're just DDSs and TGAs, so I can convert them to BMPs with a special tool and play with them however I want. In other words, make it as elaborate as you want as long as there's a single-color background I can pull it out of (no translucencies against the background). All else goes.

I might add, the ship will NOT be made a killable creature. If you've played Morrowind thoroughly, you should know the engine would go to hell over that. I'll probably, for the most part, put it together out of existing static objects anyway. Making new ones is pain (I suck at making entirely new textures).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

I recently learned that I have another annoying work-week setup (Thanks to good ol' 4th of July), so I'll try to see what I can get done tonight, and possibly later this week.

Hopefully, things will slow down afterward; and I can continue on with the project.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2009, 12:13:48 am »

UPDATE TIME!!!

Okay, so it's not much, but I at least got something done today.

Here you go, the 4th deck of the Bloodfist AKA Armok's Gauntlet.

Spoiler: Progress So Far (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Top-Down (click to show/hide)

BTW, black doors are floodgates valve-operated, other than lever operated (still levers, however, in-game). The thinner walls with "gold" trim are fortifications

I was thinking... We already have a logo to represent the ship well, but what about a pin-up?

Every great ship requires a pin-up; it's like a law of shipwright. "For every epic ship, there must be, as a form of representation of the vessel, a pin-up. AKA- "Betty Law", named after the pin-up model"

Remember, keep it dwarven. Because, you know, that is the crew of the ship after all.

EDIT:
Lego price, for the curious, so far: 643.31 USD

So, anyone willing to reproduce this thing and take a photo? ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:48:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:39 am »

I know, triple-post bump; but this qualifies as another update. And I might even make it a double-update, it's so damn simple. I'll need an additional moment... However;

Deck 5 is now designed.

Here it is:
New Total Price: 729.20 USD
Spoiler: Top (6th) Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: And the whole thing (click to show/hide)

LEGO Price: 793.89 USD

Almost There... BTW, I did some minor mods while building up. So gem windows will have ramp supports, or re-rendered as spikes. Either way, it looks cool.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:36:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Just a reminder

Job Isn't Cancelled: RL Job Obstructed Project Path

So, in order to make up for lost time, I'm going to try and do another double-update, but on the actual project site this time.

BTW, I already finished my Lego blueprint, so... yeah, not much else left to do really.

Until then, goodnight and good morning.

PS- Here's an idea of a pinup I developed for the Bloodfist:

Spoiler: NSFW (click to show/hide)

Isn't she sexy? And how hot is that pose, and how well it works for the ship? Definitely worthy of being added.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:07:02 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24