Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 198581 times)

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a reminder

Job Isn't Cancelled: RL Job Obstructed Project Path

So, in order to make up for lost time, I'm going to try and do another double-update, but on the actual project site this time.

BTW, I already finished my Lego blueprint, so... yeah, not much else left to do really.

Until then, goodnight and good morning.

PS- Here's an idea of a pinup I developed for the Bloodfist:

Spoiler: NSFW (click to show/hide)

Isn't she sexy? And how hot is that pose, and how well it works for the ship? Definitely worthy of being added.

I was about to say hot damn... but the beard threw me off XD

How bout that being the figurehead instead?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:48:57 am by Opirian »
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I was about to say hot damn... but the beard through me off XD

How bout that being the figurehead instead?
Not a bad idea. She'll point the way towards victory. With a fist of cinnabar (so that there will be blood that doesn't wash off). So, what material should she be made of?

I was thinking copper or bronze, so the age of the ship can really be seen as it still soars the sky, and she would gain a more interesting patina over time to keep everyone interested.

Think of a Dwarven Statue of Liberty, except instead of a torch, it's a (still pulsing) heart. My craftdwarf must be in a macabre mood.

BTW, the heart will probably hold an exhaust pipe for the steam chambers, that way it's still warm and pulsing, even in the coldest of climates. Hell, it might even have cooler imagery in the cold. ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:52:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Watch out for ice buildup.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile

Yes, it should, instead of having steam coming out, have an ever-circulating loop of magma. You do hvae magma, aye?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Yes, it should, instead of having steam coming out, have an ever-circulating loop of magma. You do hvae magma, aye?
Yes, but sadly, no bauxite.

BTW, I don't know exactly how to deliver magma into a different spot (sorta like pit/pond style) other than manufacturing a pump (which I lack the primary fire-proof material for).

BTW, the stray magma could ignite the entire ship.

As for ice buildup, why else do you think I'd have the heart pumping as steam bellows out? Plus, consider most of the parts mostly indoors where maintainence could be constant. I engineered this thing to be as easy-going as possible. Easy to maintain, easy to fly, easy to keep in the sky.

Being a sort of warship in the sky, after all, military would be a top priority, so this thing would be constantly worked on to remain aloft during combat. Also why military and crew would be separate guilds within the ship.

BTW, the pumping heart, think of it as a sort of excess steam-pressure-powered device that sort of acts as a de-icer for the water-based exhaust. Plus, I think I'd have more than enough arrows on board the ship to break off any hard-to-reach ice blocks. Plus, much of the traveling would be at lower altitudes anyway to prevent ice-buildup. It's not like this thing can go orbital. ::)

Just as well, the low-altitude flying would also be to prevent other military from spotting the ship as it soars the sky for a nice surprise attack. After all, eyes are a good rudimentary radar system. Plus, think of signal fires as well; for a good image of what I mean, watch that one scene in LOTR:ROTK when Gondor signals for Rohan's help. This thing flying under the radar, especially if outposts are unaware of such technology, would wipe them out and prevent an advance guard from interfering when the primary assault on a kingdom is due.

I'm beginning to feel a little like Captain Nemo with this thing now. And come to think of it; it seems the primary deck of the ship is double-hulled, I just noticed, which is where most of the equipment is. Oh yes, this thing will work ju-ust fine. 8)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

An update is in order!

Not really too much as been done however. I'm going to take a short break before I try to make the next update today. This time, I'll devote more of my time into actually building the S-beam. I don't want civil unrest after an incident occurred. Read the info tube for more information.

BTW, if you understand what I'm going for midway into the document; yes... I am going for it, and finding a way to implement it.

For those of you too confused or lazy, here you go...

Spoiler: My Crazy Idea (click to show/hide)

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: My Crazy Idea (click to show/hide)

But but but, there's no spoiler there @.@ is that your crazy idea? tormenting us?

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I have an idea; it's just a little bit WIP on how I'll tell it or implement it into construction.

Why not try and figure out what I'm up to?

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an idea; it's just a little bit WIP on how I'll tell it or implement it into construction.

Why not try and figure out what I'm up to?

You figured out that walls and floors constructed out of wood wont burn when in contact with magma? (its true >.>)

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Oh man, this is getting rough, and we haven't even begun building yet. :'(

If I fail, anyone can feel free to continue this where I left off.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:37:12 am by Itnetlolor »

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile

this should be built for real :D I'd pay for it, I mean a full scale working ship. I'd get every person I know to pay for it, the funds should come out to about 60 Mil

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god.
Imagine this ship filled to the brim with cave-adapted dwarves.

THE MOUNTAINS SHALL GLOW GREEN WITH VOMIT.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

It's been a bit of a stretch, but I finally found some time to work on this. And considering it's been rather tame lately, I might be able to get another update done probably tomorrow. Give me a moment to add the POIs. Go nuts ;).

BTW, if you want to be involved in the project (as a cameo, so far), chime in, contribute, be entertaining, be dwarven.

Spoiler: Y2S4: Mopping Up (click to show/hide)

Until then, goodnight.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:26:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Okay, I'm having a little trouble editing the front page. Is there possibly a way to insert a new post after my initial post and before everyone else's?

Anyhow, here's the latest update.

Spoiler: Y3S1: Breaking Wind (click to show/hide)

I'll be taking a bit of a break for a while. In the meantime, feel free to discuss the latest developments.

I took a gander at it in 3Dwarf, it looks pretty frickin' sweet, despite not being finished yet. ;D

I'll maybe toss in some screens tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:37:40 am by Itnetlolor »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey i just had a good idea for something else the heart could pump. You mentioned de-icer well liquor never freezes so you could have it pump booze as a sort of tribute to your wealth  gained through battle. and if you want you could rig a system to test the booze bomb concept by igniting the liquor and see what happens.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24