Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197809 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I guess I should be hunting for some lead and some other materials to harness this bastard then, huh?

This'll be fun. But priority above all else, the ship must finish before modifying it. Oh well. :-\

Wait;

I just realized, if I find some lead or smelt some cages, if I have any lead ones, I can make myself a lead box and contain it. HUZZAH! ;D

EDIT:
Not really much to note, but it was nifty now that I noticed it. The upper portion of my front page now looks like a pretty badass-looking Rook chess piece. Would be awesome to see a tower built in this form. Hell, consider it an airship rally point. Megaproject idea is up for grabs.

Speaking of which, before I finish, I'd like some places to visit with this monster when it's done. Be sure it's airship-accessible. With my method if illustration, I hopefully shouldn't have a problem super-imposing it into other fortresses and locations. Especially if LPs are bound to be done with it.

BTW, I added the pics from my Visual Fortress Screenshots to the front page.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:26:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

You have to regen the world to make a new metal entry, don't you?

If so, I say remove Rose Gold and its reaction in favor of making Uranium from Pitchblende (dwarves are awesome, they can pull it off). Then you can put uranium bars in a lead bin.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile

You have to regen the world to make a new metal entry, don't you?

If so, I say remove Rose Gold and its reaction in favor of making Uranium from Pitchblende (dwarves are awesome, they can pull it off). Then you can put uranium bars in a lead bin.

Bonus: set the uranium to ignite at the same temp as lignite. Put in bin. pour magma on it. Awesome.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured out how to allow for Armok as an official Dwarf word:

in Language_word in the raws:

[WORD:ARMOK]
   [NOUN:Armok:Armok's]
      [FRONT_COMPOUND_NOUN_SING]
      [REAR_COMPOUND_NOUN_SING]
      [THE_NOUN_SING]
      [FRONT_COMPOUND_NOUN_PLUR]
      [REAR_COMPOUND_NOUN_PLUR]
      [THE_NOUN_PLUR]
      [OF_NOUN_PLUR]

in Language_DWARF:

[T_WORD:ARMOK:ARMOK]

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

UPDATE!!!!!

Thanks to a little program called Rename-It!; I can update my maps faster, now that the renaming process has been reduced to .1% the amount it usually takes for me to process (rename) it; Thanks to the fact that it can do a find/replace on the names. Now I don't have to rename each map file individually (Seeing as DFMA acts up with it's original name; if I were to upload the map, you'd see what I mean).

Anyway, without further ado, here's the UD.

Spoiler: Y3S3: Blazing Copper (click to show/hide)

I'm sure having fun.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:20:52 am by Itnetlolor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Sorry if I should know, but those pumps that pump into 1x1 chambers... what's going to go in those?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Sorry if I should know, but those pumps that pump into 1x1 chambers... what's going to go in those?
4/7 - 6/7 water in the bottom cell. For steam effect.

I even have an example, that made me come to the conclusion of the design.

I think with 4/7 water set, it would provide the most "steam" effect. Any more than that, well, the effect just won't work.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:44:19 am by Itnetlolor »

Arathanar

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: mind-boggling awesomeness]
    • View Profile

Doink.
Urist, you can't go there! The ground is PURPLE!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile

looks good, have you thought about an arsenal sub-deck? The ballista would be only really usable for airship to airship combat, how about going down one more level giving a firmer support to the ballista and have 6 catapults down there? also what about the Siege ammo where is that stored?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

looks good, have you thought about an arsenal sub-deck? The ballista would be only really usable for airship to airship combat, how about going down one more level giving a firmer support to the ballista and have 6 catapults down there? also what about the Siege ammo where is that stored?
Well, you have to consider that this ship is modular. You can add stuff to it, and modify it to your liking.

It's base form has two (2) anchor ballistae that can double as temporary defense, but considering they're anchors that are launched, they can be used for boarding parties. Same applies to ammo. If need be, there will be modification for a storage unit for the ammo, or use the excess space leftover. Simple, yet effective.

BTW, I have it designed as such so anyone can modify it to their liking and show off their changes/mods of it. But only when I finish it will the full behemoth be released. So, be patient.

Furthermore, the ship is being made right now so that it will be a fulfilled project for the Dwarven Empire, it'll then be ferried to the capitol a reviewed/used by the king. But with things developing as they are, things may go fairly differently. Stay tuned to find out more.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the king should get full use of the business end of the ballistae if you know what I mean.
Nom nom nom

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am up for a challenge. Want a Docking Fortress for your Airship???
Tell me what you want in it (weapons, goods, food, etc) and I will find a site that will suit them, I was thinking of finding a Major River that was tall enough and wide enough for some grand effect, so if you know of any better still...

The things I would like to know. How wide is her berth. Her length from Bow to Stern, and how far along the Port/Starboard is the Gangplanks to the Trade Depo???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I am up for a challenge. Want a Docking Fortress for your Airship???
Tell me what you want in it (weapons, goods, food, etc) and I will find a site that will suit them, I was thinking of finding a Major River that was tall enough and wide enough for some grand effect, so if you know of any better still...

The things I would like to know. How wide is her berth. Her length from Bow to Stern, and how far along the Port/Starboard is the Gangplanks to the Trade Depo???
It can be just about any kind of site. Hell, a marketplace would be an interesting site. It could allow for merchant quests.

I never really calculated the dimensions of the ship itself, but I do know that the docking bridges on both ends must be up to 10 tiles long, if it's a retractable bridge. One set of that 10 is already provided by the ship itself; meaning the drawbridge from the dock has to be 10 (max-length).

I already have the width of the base done, but I haven't tossed in the engines yet into the mix.

Here's a rough estimate I got based on both my progress and LEGO creation:
Height= 6 Z-levels
*Length= 16 (rear cabin + props) + 20 (open space) + 15 (front cabin) + 11 (Nose) = 52 tiles

*Figures based on Deck 4's figures.

Width= 19 tiles
Wingspan= (Width + 16) = 35 tiles

Summary:
H= 6
L= 52
W= 19
Ws= 35
DB= 10x3 (extends 9 tiles outward, drawbridge/floodgate/wall)

EDIT:
Thanks for the reminder. It is 9 tiles, at least for the ship.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:03:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just making sure...
The Bridges that act as the only way onto the craft extend out 10 tiles or do they extend 9 due to one of the 10 is needed to be attached to the craft itself...

For site I am thinking of one of those Cities in the SIDE of a mountain, that's open to the sky. A dock yard located running down the length of the Cities boundaries where not only small Craft dock but ones such as the Flagship. Might even include something like a DryDock if I can work out how to make it all work...

But first I am gonna need a map that has a Tall Mountain that runs its width. And I think I have on...

Oh and yeah, I would really like to know what wears you will be needing to 'resupply' your craft with...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Booz'

Lot's of it.

Actually, the ship and it's extensions work just fine with raw material, but refined goods would suit us very well. Be sure to have some sort of forge. Hell, we can even go resource hunting, and make all sorts of modifications to our ship with what materials we gather. We'll have massive furnaces, hellbore cannons, and a ridiculous fuel supply, ready to take on battlestations so powerful, it would take crystal modifications to be sure the sheer devastation of such a behemoth.

Next thing you know, the sheer awesomeness will make everything go quasi and a journey that'll normally take a month would take mere days tops. Let's just hope my crew are a bunch of happy campers. We don't want to attract some frumple attention. We don't need silly cows.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24