Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 355608 times)

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, i need help, can't remember the game and the problem is I did not played it, but saw some videos about it long time ago...

Its not a old game, maybe 3 to 5 years old. Its a 2d real time strategy game, where the camera is from the side, like in teraria. You go from mision to mision, where you control a small army of human like units. The art is nice, reminds me little of world of goo with dark shaped units. The control is done indirectly, and is very simplistic (you can not control any unit directly), and most of time you are fighting some big huge boss like monsters.

The biggest problem is the game didn't come out for PC, but i dont know did it come out on consoles or mobile phones. I suspect Wii or mobiles because of simplistic/strange controls.

Was it Patapon?

I dunno if those controls are simplistic though. Certainly strange. Also not actually a strategy game, so I dunno. First thing I thought of when I saw World of Goo-like art.
Yes it is, was ninja'd :D.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

indie hacking game

you had jobs, where you entered nodes, using programs installed on your deck - figthing with attack 2.0 programs or moving with stealth x.0 programs - decrypting kudzus 2.0 and whatever - top down tileset visual

then you leveled up, spent point in coding and hardware skills, write your own program using the money from jobs and ultimately moving up in lifestyle upping your monthly rent

I remember the game pretty well except for the name, so I cannot find it anywhere

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

indie hacking game

you had jobs, where you entered nodes, using programs installed on your deck - figthing with attack 2.0 programs or moving with stealth x.0 programs - decrypting kudzus 2.0 and whatever - top down tileset visual

then you leveled up, spent point in coding and hardware skills, write your own program using the money from jobs and ultimately moving up in lifestyle upping your monthly rent

I remember the game pretty well except for the name, so I cannot find it anywhere

Was it Uplink, by any chance?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

indie hacking game
Was it Hacker Evolution? I haven't played it yet but it might be the game.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

indie hacking game

Decker?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could use your collective intelligence again! There are two mech games I remember very fondly, and would like to track down.

One was an action game where you piloted from the cockpit. That sounds like every mechwarrior game ever, except it wasn't one of those series.
You were part of military, and I believe even had a small squad with you. I remember weapons like Sparrow missile, and that there were many little ground vehicles to torment you.
EDIT: This game took place across various Solar System planets, and played similarly to the old Battlefield series

Second one was a real-time action with a small squad, and very much so part of the MechWarrior series. I remember specifically that there was a pilot named Longshot. Is this enough info?

Oh, and one more game. There was an old game published by Microsoft where Earth has been invaded and has split into factions. One of the factions had huge WW1 style unit. The game was a strategy where you could - and should - jump into the individual vehicles. There were also aliens of several kinds.

I hope this is enough, as it's vague. Thanks in advance :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:44:29 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One was an action game where you piloted from the cockpit. That sounds like every mechwarrior game ever, except it wasn't one of those series.
You were part of military, and I believe even had a small squad with you. I remember weapons like Sparrow missile, and that there were many little ground vehicles to torment you.

That one sounds like Starsiege.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely Starsiege series. Could have been Earthsiege as well, though I think that one may have been limited to, y'know, earth. Could you also play as the enemy, robot faction?

(Amazing game though, Starsiege. I really did love it.)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That one sounds like Starsiege.

Holy crap you're right! And it's part of Tribes series? Maybe I should check that out after all...
GoG doesn't have Starsiege. This will be a fun hunt...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More specifically, Tribes is a spin-off. There was also an RTS spinoff that was pretty good.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More specifically, Tribes is a spin-off. There was also an RTS spinoff that was pretty good.

TBS, on a 3d Hex map.  "Missionforce: Cyberstorm"  Great game, with resource management, pilot improvement, mech construction and upgrades.. All the best features from a mercenary type game but with giant robots.

I think its available on Abandonia, and you can play it on Dosbox.  I never got too far in Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars, as I didnt get it when it came out and it was always a little crashy when I tried to run it on newer PCs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Second one was a real-time action with a small squad, and very much so part of the MechWarrior series. I remember specifically that there was a pilot named Longshot. Is this enough info?
Sounds like it might be one of the mech commander games.

The last one definitely rings a bell, too, but I can't recall the name :-\

E: That said, check this. List of games published by microsoft.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:52:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was an old game published by Microsoft where Earth has been invaded and has split into factions. One of the factions had huge WW1 style unit. The game was a strategy where you could - and should - jump into the individual vehicles. There were also aliens of several kinds.

I hope this is enough, as it's vague. Thanks in advance :D

Urban Assault, I'm pretty sure.  I dont know if the mod community is still active, but it was pretty long lived:  http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 203