Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351465 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1395 on: August 26, 2013, 09:01:55 am »

Not schiffbruch either, I've played that game, Vattic's right, it's feature complete AFAIK. No, this game was top down, a bit cartoony, the swinging was a bit Zelda-like (you hit the trees and they shook, enough times and they were destroyed). The guy kinda had Popeye arms.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 26, 2013, 10:04:41 am »

Not schiffbruch either, I've played that game, Vattic's right, it's feature complete AFAIK. No, this game was top down, a bit cartoony, the swinging was a bit Zelda-like (you hit the trees and they shook, enough times and they were destroyed). The guy kinda had Popeye arms.
He didn't just have Popeye arms. He was built as fuck.
Well, enough to break down dead trees and also alive trees.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 26, 2013, 11:39:17 am »

Well, Popeye arms was probably the wrong way to describe it. But if he had a huge torso, his arms were almost as big.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1398 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:55 am »

Well, Popeye arms was probably the wrong way to describe it. But if he had a huge torso, his arms were almost as big.

Was this a version of Stranded? I can't remember if there was a top down option at all.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2013, 11:57:18 am »

Was this a version of Stranded? I can't remember if there was a top down option at all.

No 3D, just sprites.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2013, 12:24:47 pm »

Wow this is going to annoy everyone for a while now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »

I know this game too. It was called Village or something. o:

edit: It looked like don't starve though, but you had this lumberjack guy. No darkness problem like in don'st starve where you get instakilled but... yeah you kinda built your own village.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:40:09 pm by Exerosp »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:02 am »

A PSX game where you control a little man on a platform of blocks.  A wall of cubes rolls towards you, you plant bombs and try to destroy the wave before your're crushed by their onset.

I think it begins with an "O" or a "D" but ... who knows?

Japanese dev, possibly.  I'm guessing around 1997-8.

edit - Got it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:13:28 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:52 am »

OK, another one... PSX game, you control a slow moving plane that has to destroy tons of planes, tanks, missiles etc. in different warzones... Kamchatka, French Guiana, Area 51 etc.  There were FMV cutscenes with a tough talking CO and a stripper as a reward for completing the game (which was near impossible, but entering the code to get the stripper was easy).

edit - Remembered. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:02:31 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 04, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

There was this RTS game for the PC in which playing around with the battlefield (literally, you could make mountains, valleys and flats) played a major part. The story is kinda confusing, but you get more advanced units by merging existing units into more powerful versions.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 04, 2013, 12:55:29 pm »

There was this RTS game for the PC in which playing around with the battlefield (literally, you could make mountains, valleys and flats) played a major part. The story is kinda confusing, but you get more advanced units by merging existing units into more powerful versions.

Check if it's one of these.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 04, 2013, 01:05:54 pm »

Nope. The game sounds very much like Perimeter. And maybe Maelstrom. Be aware that there are at least two games named Maelstrom. One is an Asteroids clone with better graphics, and the other is the RTS.

Maelstrom is technically the sequel, but both games feature terraforming heavily, and both, IIRC, feature the combining nano-units.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »

Definitely sounded reminiscent of what I remember of Populous.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 04, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »

Definitely sounded reminiscent of what I remember of Populous.

Agreed.  Populous was exactly like that, but I dont think it really had any story. 

There was a 3d sequel called "promised land" or something like that, but I only played the demo.  Dont know if it had the same flat-land making and unit combining, but it seems likely.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 05, 2013, 12:32:35 am »

It sounds like Populous, except for the "Merging units into more powerful versions" part. In Populous 3: The Beginning you train braves into the desired troops at training huts.

Undiscovered Worlds was the expansion, though it didn't really add much more then a number of new maps in a short campaign. There is a flatten land spell, but that's available in the base game as well.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 203