Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 354838 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Mobile? PC? Console? Anything that stands out?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played it on PC. I also remember that crafting was encouraged, but grinding mobs for materials made the game harder.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:44:22 pm by marples »

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile

Haven't played it, but Last Remnant, perhaps?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm thinking about a game--somewhat 'old', and only a demo as far as I played it: It concerns itself with an egyptian civilization, much like a strategic civilization game. It was isometric, and you built your civilization by making 'huts' which grew based on their connections to 'civil services' and other goods that you grab from the environment around you. It was somewhat pixel-ish, and the last mission of the demo needed you to make some kind of monument (I couldn't do it because of balancing both the flood plains food needs, getting paper across the darn river for my schools, finding out how to make boats that won't die to sudden 2 invaders kicking my boats, and getting my populace happy to do anything).

THere were certain buildings like a well where you have a dude get water from, and he somehow walks over in your roads to the buildings and...somehow that puts out fires and gives the inhabitants water, your residential buildings can 'conglomerate' into a bigger building if they exist in a 2x2 square together, there's some kind of police force I think that helps, and the market can hire market-kids to help deliveries--I never found out how to work this efficiently because I was busy worrying about flood plains and 'oh wow seasonal harvests!'. I also worshipped the Goddess Bast, in that demo.

Then I forgot the name of the game and whether any full-er version can be played. :I As far as I know, there was no direct control over people, but control over the pathing and such. Oh and you can adjust taxes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Sounds very much like Sierra's 'Pharaoh'.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

That sounds a lot like Caesar 2, or maybe one of the later ones I haven't played yet.  Huts upgrade and eventually join into better homes, but only if they're in range of various services.  Places like praefectures send out "walkers" who randomly travel along your road network, determining which areas are considered covered.  And there was an early Total War style combat since, in the campaign, you were expanding the empire's borders - by building nice cities for the locals and defending them, not doing the initial invasions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Sounds very much like Sierra's 'Pharaoh'.
I love you all and thanks a ton! :D
That sounds a lot like Caesar 2, or maybe one of the later ones I haven't played yet.  Huts upgrade and eventually join into better homes, but only if they're in range of various services.  Places like praefectures send out "walkers" who randomly travel along your road network, determining which areas are considered covered.  And there was an early Total War style combat since, in the campaign, you were expanding the empire's borders - by building nice cities for the locals and defending them, not doing the initial invasions.
There's MORE OF IT!? :-X Wow! :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's MORE OF IT!? :-X Wow! :D

Several. Aside from Pharaoh Caesar I through IV, there's one for Greece(Zeus, with an expansion called Poseidon), and one for China(Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom). In my opinion though, all except Emperor:RotMK are buggy mess, but all except that one are available on Steam. All including Emperor are available on GOG.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Hey don't you diss Zeus, I've spent ages on it V:<

* Haspen stabs Akura
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I don't think I played much of Zeus(Steam says only 25 minutes). Not sure why. Maybe the tutorials weren't completing correctly I don't know.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

There is a bit of an issue with Zeus where the gods spawn really slowly compared to the rest of the game. This causes issues with some levels where you need a god to appear and defeat a monster.

There might be a fix for this on the GOG.com forums. Here's one fix someone found involving turning off playback and recording devices temporarily.

Other than that, Caesar III, Pharaoh and Zeus have all worked fine for me. My favorite is the Pharaoh series what with the building of pyramids and large monuments putting strain on your city infrastructure.
I think there's a similar game in 3D called "Children of the Nile".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

There’s this one open-world game I’ve heard about that’s apparently kind of like Mount and Blade but much more brutal and set in a much different land. I can’t really recall much more of it than that, however...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

for honor?

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

It’s definitely Kenshi - I remember it now.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203