Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 172352 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a short lived multiplayer game. I don't remember the gameplay much but I know it was a competitive game with two teams, each with a set # of players laying as knights on each side (either 50 or 100 I think?). Matches were pretty short. We had a thread here, pretty sure. I also think it had a short name, I feel like it might have even been a one letter name?

Know how old? 1st or 3rd person?

Something like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, or Mount & Blade?

I feel like it was a few years back? And I forget but I think 3rd person.
It had really cartoony / blocky graphics, so not either of those.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Not really a game so much as a simulator.

It was free, you have a small planet, and you can plop different animals on it. In addition, it has grass and fruit trees. The fruit trees drop fruit which have two values, something like bounciness and colour.

You could terraform the planet, make some areas hotter/colder IIRC, and basically let things loose and watch the ecosystem go.
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game that came out in the last few years for PC where you were stuck in space and using remote controlled drones to explore derelict ships and stations to get enough fuel to jump to another system. The art was minimal; mostly just geometric outlines from what your probe could scan... boxes, walls, doors, and hopefully not hostiles. I want to say the title was one word, along the line of 'Hoarders' (though it evidently isn't).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

There was a game that came out in the last few years for PC where you were stuck in space and using remote controlled drones to explore derelict ships and stations to get enough fuel to jump to another system. The art was minimal; mostly just geometric outlines from what your probe could scan... boxes, walls, doors, and hopefully not hostiles. I want to say the title was one word, along the line of 'Hoarders' (though it evidently isn't).
Duskers?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duskers?

Yeeeeees, thank you; my searches were mostly turning up articles about actual space probes or NieR:Automata

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • I got nothing.
    • View Profile

It was a game from around 2005-ish.

A space strategy with card-based mechanics. Or a card-based game in space. In any case, it relied on cards pretty heavily. I believe the business model was to sell virtual 'booster packs' on top of the base game itself.

I remember only bits and pieces:
- The galaxy map had systems connected by jump lanes. There weren't all that many systems (maybe a couple dozen or so).
- It was less 4x and more political struggle between factions/races.
- There was a senate-like system, where you had to ship pops to vote to possibly win the game (?).
- One of the races was I think Kilrathi/Mrrshan-style cats, with a bighuge unique combat ship.
- I think it was intended mainly for multiplayer, but I only played SP so it had to have some rudimentary solo mode.
- It was pretty obscure, even at the time, I believe.

---

edit: found it. It was Star Chamber: The Harbinger Saga.
It's no longer available, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:00:05 am by Il Palazzo »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Not really a game so much as a simulator.

It was free, you have a small planet, and you can plop different animals on it. In addition, it has grass and fruit trees. The fruit trees drop fruit which have two values, something like bounciness and colour.

You could terraform the planet, make some areas hotter/colder IIRC, and basically let things loose and watch the ecosystem go.

So, not Plantera, not Reus, not Godfinger, not Earthtongue... I'm drawing a blank. Sounds interesting though.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I found it, it was ai.planet
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

☼FUN☼

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling forum user
    • View Profile

do you guys know or remember Friv?
I remember when I was little that there was a game where there is a bunch of blobs with different genes and you had to play a minigame to impress the other blob and then have a child and pass to the next level

it was quite a silly game and I can imagine why they removed it from there but I still wanna remember the name of that game
Have you seen the invisible kobold?

The Dystopian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this multiplayer game that you played as a member of a spaceship crew, everybody had a position and a job and there was also an alien masquarading as crew that was trying to secretly sabotage/infect the other people.

You could pick diferent character that had special habilitys, and I seem to remember that it played like a web game, where everyone had like 8 hours to submit thier turn/actions.

I've been trying to find that game again and it's consuming the life out of me and driving me mad(er)

Hopefully you guys can help,
thanks in advance

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just another guy.
    • View Profile

MUSH. It's called MUSH.

IIRC it's related to Twinoid/Motion-Twin somehow, but I can't recall (maybe it's the creator's website or the website a bunch of other games are posted on, but in any case, it's related to Twinoid/Motion-Twin.

The creators also made Die2Nite, Teacher Story, and probably a few other games I myself can't recall.

I don't know how active it is, but I'm at least fairly certain it still exists.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember when I was little that there was a game where there is a bunch of blobs with different genes and you had to play a minigame to impress the other blob and then have a child and pass to the next level

it was quite a silly game and I can imagine why they removed it from there but I still wanna remember the name of that game

Could this be Under the Garden? I have this buried in a bunch of old files, but the mechanics are very similar to that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

☼FUN☼

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling forum user
    • View Profile

Could this be Under the Garden? I have this buried in a bunch of old files, but the mechanics are very similar to that.
no it isn't it
it was an online game
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:11:00 pm by ☼FUN☼ »
Have you seen the invisible kobold?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2593 on: August 02, 2018, 12:44:34 pm »

I remember a game, but I couldn't tell you what platform. It had a ninja or something as the character, and in the first part you were moving through wheat fields and avoiding watch towers. I remember the view being very pulled-back, probably some kind of isometric or top-down. Definitely wasn't first-person.

It miiight have been a unit-based strategy game with only one or two starting units. But it might have been an action game instead ...

EDIT: It was in color, if this helps.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr.Peasley where's my Playmouse magazine?
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2594 on: August 02, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »

I remember a game, but I couldn't tell you what platform. It had a ninja or something as the character, and in the first part you were moving through wheat fields and avoiding watch towers. I remember the view being very pulled-back, probably some kind of isometric or top-down. Definitely wasn't first-person.

It miiight have been a unit-based strategy game with only one or two starting units. But it might have been an action game instead ...

EDIT: It was in color, if this helps.

It was a flash game on Newgrounds or ArmorGames I believe, I remember it too. And you the perspective was from the 'side'.

It had a samurai as the main character; at first there was lots of sneaking, but later on the swordfighting picked up in pace as well.

Name? Haha of course I don't remember it, silly! :P
SigFlags!
SPAMhub!&Era of Diesel II!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
~♪♫~ o/,,   %o ♂o √o φo ♂o ~♫♪~
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175