Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351483 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2595 on: September 26, 2018, 01:23:56 pm »

Old game, quite sure it was PC. Post apocalyptic where the first mission is to patrol outside a bunker, notable information, its after a possible nuclear war, main character think yhe world is filled with mutant. Its mission based but between mission you get a set amount of time to sleep, fix stuff, upgrade stuff and you never have enough time to do everything. You can capture vehicule but then you have to fix them and it takes time.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 26, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »

Could it be Twilight 2000? Looking it up, it doesn't quite match, but that's the closest I can think of off-hand. No mutants, or perceived mutants, in it as far as I know.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: September 26, 2018, 04:29:04 pm »

wasnt that old, there is no mutant in the game, just the majn character thinking after the bombs there was mutant outside and to be carefull. Ends up, there is no mutant and no bomb fell but it was still apocalypse like if i remember right.

Also wasnt that old still had 3d real time strategy in mission but was pausable
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 26, 2018, 05:02:29 pm »

Finaly found it, soldier of anarchy.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: October 15, 2018, 02:56:30 am »

Something like Minecraft, but with asteroids.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: October 15, 2018, 04:31:28 am »

Something like Minecraft, but with asteroids.
Space Engineers?
Or StarMade.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: October 15, 2018, 05:00:41 am »

Not those two... something else, I think it had simple graphics and monsters in the asteroids.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: October 15, 2018, 07:24:04 am »

Not those two... something else, I think it had simple graphics and monsters in the asteroids.

Was it called Corneroids? It's dead as far as I can tell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: October 15, 2018, 08:11:06 am »

Was it called Corneroids? It's dead as far as I can tell.
Ah yes, Corneroids. Thanks.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:05 pm »

There was a free topdown twinstick style shooter that I remember hearing about on this forum.  It had kinda strange mutations, like one that surrounded you with shuriken, and there were vehicles - normal cars, and then stuff like radar trucks.

There was a zombie mode, but also some team modes - I think TDM and also one where you tried to loot a vault or a trashed bank truck and take the cash back to your side while preventing the other team from doing so, and such.  I recall the servers basically always being empty, which was a shame because I thought it was pretty neat.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: October 21, 2018, 03:57:19 pm »

There was a free topdown twinstick style shooter that I remember hearing about on this forum.  It had kinda strange mutations, like one that surrounded you with shuriken, and there were vehicles - normal cars, and then stuff like radar trucks.

There was a zombie mode, but also some team modes - I think TDM and also one where you tried to loot a vault or a trashed bank truck and take the cash back to your side while preventing the other team from doing so, and such.  I recall the servers basically always being empty, which was a shame because I thought it was pretty neat.

Man, it wasn't twin-stick, but it sounds like the old Command & Conquer Sole Survivor. Man, did that ever crash hard.

If you're looking for what I think is still an active game in that genre, but not that exact game, try SubSpace. I THINK people still play that.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: October 22, 2018, 12:31:52 am »

It used to be called SubVein. It had at least two name changes, and is now called GeneShift. https://geneshift.net/index.php
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: October 26, 2018, 03:03:13 am »

Aweso-
>It's a battle royale now

Dangit.

Evillee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: October 29, 2018, 10:20:31 pm »

This flash game I played a few years ago, you were a stomping trap in a dungeon that was sentient and enjoyed its job killing people, it had pixelated graphics and had different levels like one where game journalists came to the dungeon and you had to almost kill them to get a good review.
Was there sand? Was it coarse and rough and irritating and did it get everywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 203