Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351442 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I think I know the one he's talking about (or at least a game that is incredibly similar), but I can't remember the name offhand.

It was on Steam, right? You were shooting demons or something... Pretty basic graphics.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

It's not twin stick but the only thing coming to mind is Super Time Force.

it wasn't a complete game, more like a tech demo, not on steam,  it was on some indie site like experimentalgameplay.com

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I recently remembered playing this one vehicle based game, one of the first PC games I've played in fact. It was top down/isometric, from the early 2000's probably. You had a variety of vehicles, ground, air and even subs I think and you had to rescue people? I can't remember if there were varying objectives, all I know is that you had different vehicles for different parts of the map and you could switch them at certain places. I thought it was related to hotwheels in some way but looking up hotwheels licensed games didn't bring up anything. As far as the vehicles go I only remember the sub vaguely and that there was some sort of high tech C-130 variant that was one of the vehicles on the cover.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My brother reminded me of this old space game that I can barely remember.

You flew around in a top down perspective and sometimes shot AI ships with lasers, the graphics were pretty basic, you could choose your race and one of the space ships you could fly or get attacked by was some sort of red face.

It sort of looked like Aurora 4x with ye old sprites like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could also interact with planets and do...stuff, by pressing buttons, bombarding the populace with weapons of mass destruction, I think? Either that or buying things, or maybe both. One of the buttons had a circular radiation hazard symbol symbol on it. There was also a biohazard symbol I think.

There was also a button in the game you could click that had a laser on it, looking like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sections of space were defined with square borders in a grid, possibly, and when you went over one it made a snapping sound.

I have a pressing need to find out what on earth your goals were in that game, if not actually playing it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:26:29 am by Fire and Glory »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently it was called Warpath, very nice.

http://www.synthetic-reality.com/warpath32.htm

No flying red faces, sadly. That must've been from something else. It does have a smiley face though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:09:34 am by Fire and Glory »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Thank you for the in-depth description, I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with the game!  It sounds very intriguing, and I'm nostalgic for the graphics style.  I'm glad you shared the result with us.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember that. Thought I might have it still installed, but I can't seem to find it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2692 on: August 03, 2019, 03:48:49 am »

I am looking for the name of a 2D "sideview" ARPG.

What I remember especially is the story of the beginning, the intro :

You are a DnD player, who go to the bathroom during a game, the lights go off, you use your lighter to get some light, and realize you're in some kind of mine, with skeletons and goblins and stuff.
The game is a few years old, and it's centered around finding better gear to kill monsters and bosses and unlock new areas (like 99% of games of this genre).
It has some nerd humor and references, with the main character basically coming from our world and commenting on how everything he finds is written about in a DnD book.

Anybody has an idea of the name ?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: August 03, 2019, 04:45:22 am »

Unepic?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: August 14, 2019, 05:48:28 pm »

It was an old 2D online multiplayer game. Not persistent, it had game sessions which lasted approx a week each. Player characters were people on a spaceship (crew, passengers) and you got to pick a role (captain, pilot, doctor) every session. Each role had its perks and gameplay. Some characters were randomly designated as traitors so their goal was to undermine everyone else. There were like two turns per day or so, it was not at all a fast-paced game. Anyone remembers that?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 14, 2019, 06:06:12 pm »

Sound suspiciously like Space Station 13.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 14, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »

Yes, SS13 was perhaps its epigonus. This game was much older and more rigidly structured.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: August 15, 2019, 06:31:40 am »

It wasn't that one with the fungus alien or whatever? That's not nearly as old as SS13 though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 15, 2019, 09:06:25 am »

That's MUSH, and I almost suggested it, but I think it's newer than SS13 and doesn't fit the details.  Pretty similar concept though, I'd like to know of more such games.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 203