Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 355351 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moonlighter isnt first person. Its basicly almost like blacksmith shop, but not alchemy guarden but similar to those, really similar.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

The only other game I know that's like My Little Blacksmith Shop, is Fantasy Blacksmith.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im trying to find the name of a game, its pretty much like my little blacksmith shop where you could roam the land, gather ressource, setup a stall and sell item and you could also haggle if i remember right.

It was in cartoonish low poly 3d or just plain cartoonyish 3d. In fact any game like my little blacksmith shop might interest me, you guys got suggestion?

That sounds like https://store.steampowered.com/app/935400/Alchemy_Garden/

And if it isn't, it should satisfy the last part of your question.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea if the game I'm thinking of ever existed or if I invented it wholesale, but I'll ask anyway.

Back some time in the mid 1990s I remember seeing some kind of cave-man or prehistoric themed game on a computer at an Office Depot or Staples or one of those kind of stores.  It's probably shareware or freeware since it was preinstalled on those computers.  I remember the game having some kind of overworld map, like the Commander Keen games.  I don't remember if the gameplay itself was a platformer or some kind of overhead perspective.  There was some kind of blue ball that you could pick up that served as ammunition, or was a blueberry, or was like a coin from Mario Bros.

I'm reasonably sure it isn't any of the following series: Prehistorik, Joe & Mac, Chuck Rock, anything Flintstones.

Paramatter

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSITION:HERMIT]
    • View Profile

Could anyone help me with the name of an old PC game that I remember reading about? I don't remember too much specific about the kind of game it was except there were some kind of management-esque elements to it and the setting involved living inside of a giant hollowed out skeleton and I'm pretty sure the article I read about it in specified it was inspired by Roger Dean's cover art for Relayer. (Cross posted from the small random questions thread because I didn't do a good enough job finding this one before, oops.)
Ended up finding the thing after finally finding my way back to the blog I read about it on.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could anyone help me with the name of an old PC game that I remember reading about? I don't remember too much specific about the kind of game it was except there were some kind of management-esque elements to it and the setting involved living inside of a giant hollowed out skeleton and I'm pretty sure the article I read about it in specified it was inspired by Roger Dean's cover art for Relayer. (Cross posted from the small random questions thread because I didn't do a good enough job finding this one before, oops.)
Ended up finding the thing after finally finding my way back to the blog I read about it on.

That sounds absolutely fascinating-- and simultaneously, I'm totally put off by that article. It kind of inspires a similar feeling as King of Dragon Pass.

Edit: Oh they there, it's... been an hour already? That site is fascinating.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:06:45 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to remember something that was a predominantly menu-driven text-based game, available on PC, where you're basically the officers of a colony ship trying to find somewhere to settle down. The assortment of officers you pick at the start influences the availability and success rate of the various events you'll encounter on planets as you... track down the origins of a beacon or something? I remember two points of interest you can reach along the way were a spaceship where the crew decided to basically merge themselves with the shipboard AI, achieving a hivemind pseudo-immortality, and a futuristic utopian planet. Both also functioned as bad-end traps if you failed the events, as your crew could decide to join them, as opposed to continuing on. It was predominantly pixel-art style and I want to say it came out in the last five years or so. I want to say there were also ship upgrade stats involved too.

(Not Seedship, though it was probably an inspiration This has more narrative. Not Out There.)

A year and a half later... Away Team: Lost Exodus. Thank you, Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

ayyyy i'm back

Trying to remember the name of a game. Was a kinda cyberpunky top down game with the premise that it was essentially an open world Hitman, where you had a target in a randomly generated area and had to kill them for money.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Tokyo 42?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Fuck i think that's it, thanks!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here is a hard one to find, noone probably knows about this one.
i think it was sort of "freeware" or so back 2000-2005 i remember they had their website to download it from. not sure if i got it first from somewhere like "home of the underdogs" or such old games webs.

well its like a bit worms gfx.. from the side... and it had random terrain with tunnels and gravity.
and you played like a little "spaceship" and always got pulled to the ground by gravity and you could land on refuel platforms (i think) and change your special weapon out of like 100 or so...
you could build walls like in worms... or throw turrets out that shoot enemies... or drop "fireworks" boxes that, shoot fireworks up to hit people... or drop little 3-5 pixel sized troopers that walk around and if a enemy fly by they shoot at them.
and it had like up to 64? Ai players and game modes like ctf where the 64 are split in 32 vs 32 and each got a base and flag and well you try to grab the enemy one and fortify your base with turrets and walls.
i think it also had like raceing game modes, but not sure if i remember that right.

so no idea what the name was... something with "tunnels?" no idea...  it was pretty chaotic and fun back ages ago.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here is a hard one to find, noone probably knows about this one.
i think it was sort of "freeware" or so back 2000-2005 i remember they had their website to download it from. not sure if i got it first from somewhere like "home of the underdogs" or such old games webs.

well its like a bit worms gfx.. from the side... and it had random terrain with tunnels and gravity.
and you played like a little "spaceship" and always got pulled to the ground by gravity and you could land on refuel platforms (i think) and change your special weapon out of like 100 or so...
you could build walls like in worms... or throw turrets out that shoot enemies... or drop "fireworks" boxes that, shoot fireworks up to hit people... or drop little 3-5 pixel sized troopers that walk around and if a enemy fly by they shoot at them.
and it had like up to 64? Ai players and game modes like ctf where the 64 are split in 32 vs 32 and each got a base and flag and well you try to grab the enemy one and fortify your base with turrets and walls.
i think it also had like raceing game modes, but not sure if i remember that right.

so no idea what the name was... something with "tunnels?" no idea...  it was pretty chaotic and fun back ages ago.
Is it this? Home of the Underdogs is still around, so I just searched for "tunnel" and found this. :P

The site is archived, but it appears to still be downloadable and even works on Windows 10.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

gosh i think that is it haha
now i feel stupid that i didnt search in that underdogs web... but i just randomly remembered that website when i wrote the post.

well i guess that was easyer to find than i thought XD  thanko.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2804 on: September 02, 2020, 06:48:48 pm »

I'm recalling a PC game where you fought stuff using magic. It has a bunch of different elements of magic and the thing is, the more you used magic, the more "attuned" you would become to them, with the most attuned magics altering the way your character looked. Like if you used a lot of holy magic you would start wearing a fancy hat and robes and be all priesty-like.

3D, and I remember a ton of forest.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 203