Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 355507 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2820 on: September 13, 2020, 03:46:59 am »

(I would dispute that you "take over the world", but I guess I haven't played the full game yet!)

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 14, 2020, 12:34:51 am »

Sounds like it should be on the free games list...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 14, 2020, 12:47:11 pm »

It already is, under the "REAL games" section.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 14, 2020, 05:02:53 pm »

(I would dispute that you "take over the world", but I guess I haven't played the full game yet!)

I just finished the v1.00, near as I can tell there isn't any difference between it and what I remember of v.30.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 22, 2020, 03:31:52 pm »

There was a Far Cry: Blood Dragon music video where Rex "Power" Colt constantly flips the bird in a series of quick segments.  My brother and I can't find it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 15, 2020, 12:39:40 am »

So this is a weird one-- I believe it was a Ludum Dare or 7DRL project from a few years ago (I want to say 2010-2015 range) where the "game" was entirely just reading dynamically generated patch notes and enjoying the crazy stuff that came out. I suspect that there would also be a mention of it in here at the time too, but searching for that didn't turn up much either.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

GalacticMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 16, 2020, 06:45:43 am »

So this is a weird one-- I believe it was a Ludum Dare or 7DRL project from a few years ago (I want to say 2010-2015 range) where the "game" was entirely just reading dynamically generated patch notes and enjoying the crazy stuff that came out. I suspect that there would also be a mention of it in here at the time too, but searching for that didn't turn up much either.

I was also looking for this and I finally found it: it's called Peon Caravan and it's posted on itch.io, dev name: spelafort. Google doesn't seem to be able to fetch it so you have to enter the creator's profile on itch and select the game from the list.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 23, 2020, 10:43:42 am »

There was a game in about 2010-2015.

It had pixel graphics, with black? background and blue/green palette in general, it involved you renting a sailing ship and going around discovering lands and treasures. Think Uncharted Waters in retro style. I believe it was even mentioned by someone here on the forums.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 23, 2020, 01:53:27 pm »

A wild guess but maybe Pioneers?
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 23, 2020, 03:16:00 pm »

That description really reminds me of RymdResa, though that's more about cruising around in space seeing what's about.

I was also looking for this and I finally found it: it's called Peon Caravan and it's posted on itch.io, dev name: spelafort. Google doesn't seem to be able to fetch it so you have to enter the creator's profile on itch and select the game from the list.

And indeed this was it, muchly appreciated. (There was brief discussion on it in the AI Dungeon thread, mostly by me, which lead to the tracking down of it.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: January 10, 2021, 12:15:25 pm »

Trying to remember the name of a game which:

1. is indie
2. has neon graphics
3. no dialogue
4. sort of metroidvania? top-down perspective
5. main and only character seems to cough pink blood a lot for some reason
6. gun, dash, sword
7. post-apocalypse
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: January 10, 2021, 06:32:07 pm »

Hyper light drifter, maybe?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: January 10, 2021, 06:34:59 pm »

YES. thank you!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: January 10, 2021, 06:37:03 pm »

No prob, heh. Had forgotten the name, too, but I did remember Enter the Gungeon had a gun based on it and was able to track from there :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: January 11, 2021, 05:36:41 am »

So with the demise of Flash, this one game to mind...

It's a single-screen sidescroller that had Portal-ish themes, but instead of the portal mechanic, it was all about flinging yourself around with a grapple. Pixel-art, probably came out between 2008 and 2014.

One of the things I recall specifically is that along one edge of the screen was a punch of people standing there... and every time you died (usually by flinging yourself into spikes), the line would advance, with... something about them indicating that you're a different person at the head of the line, not just the same person endlessly respawning.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 203