Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 354743 times)

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2910 on: December 19, 2021, 11:14:11 am »

deleted

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 19, 2021, 11:23:28 am »

So I took another look at Notrium and while it's similar in art style it isn't the game I was thinking of. The game I remember had you inside some facility and you were investigating/uncovering things while exploring a huge complex. I'll keep looking

Edit: Oh wow I actually found it after some poking around games similar to Notrium in art style. Wouldn't have found it without you guys pointing me the right way though so thanks!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/340490/Subterrain/

Lol I am literally playing subterrain right now. What are the chances? Awesome concept but the game doesn't have enough variety in levels or weapons or enemies so it's becomes a huge grindy dungeon diver with no loot.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 21, 2021, 01:20:22 pm »

Back when Intel or Dell ousted that one first person fantasy game that looked better than current generation ES games?  What was that game called?  The one that stuck out from the brimbush upon fighting that sick monopolisation?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 22, 2021, 12:04:02 pm »

Back when Intel or Dell ousted that one first person fantasy game that looked better than current generation ES games?  What was that game called?  The one that stuck out from the brimbush upon fighting that sick monopolisation?
Project Offset?

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 22, 2021, 02:48:21 pm »

Project Offset?

I pulled that up yesterday after I looked around.  It looked like a stellar game back in the day, but it seems it was born to be a class-based faction slasher, before it was sickeningly aborted.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:59:51 pm by hedgerow »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 22, 2021, 10:25:36 pm »

ES games?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 22, 2021, 10:59:56 pm »

ES games?

Based on context? Elder Scrolls.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 25, 2021, 09:46:35 pm »

I'm trying to remember an old game. I remember enough to recognize a screenshot but I don't know if have enough to be a useful description.

It's late 80s, early 90s era. Probably on single compact disk, not sure if DOS or Windows program. You're some kind of administrator for a lunar industry extracting helium 3 from the lunar surface. The largest window was a flat 2D bird's eye view of the surface. You add additional sections for statistics and maybe commands. I remember building structures of some kind, maybe mines. Possibly you also had personnel to hire and manage. I was young so it was more complex than I could wrap my head around (or maybe it just poorly communicated what you had to do).

I'm afraid that's all I remember.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 26, 2021, 07:18:10 am »

Moonbase or Lunar Command, it sounds like.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 26, 2021, 09:12:20 am »

Unfortunately, they seem too colorful for what I remember. I don't think it was necessarily greyscale, though.

I believe the main game window also occupied only the top left or top right of the screen, rather than the much larger section present in those screenshots.

Edit: But I did manage to find it, after browsing Moby Games for an hour! Boy, was I wrong about the premise.

It was Maelstrom, where you're a splinter faction of a bigger space empire. You mine fitzholium on your planet, not helium on the moon.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:45:28 am by Niveras »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 26, 2021, 11:58:29 am »

It was Maelstrom, where you're a splinter faction of a bigger space empire. You mine fitzholium on your planet, not helium on the moon.

Thought the concept sounded familiar, it was that mix-up that threw me off.
Spoiler: For a laugh (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: January 09, 2022, 06:51:15 pm »

There was a kid's game in the mid 90's (definitely not 2000's) with a cartoon theme.  In the introduction: A very young girl, with a neighbor boy, is trying to discover the grand unifying theory.  But something goes wrong! 
Some sort of demon emerges, quips "Do I look like a unifying kind of guy?", and escapes into our reality to enact some terrible plan.

I think one of the minigames involved regulating a blimp's heat and ballast to navigate obstacles.  Other than that I'm not sure - maybe the villain was building something as the game progressed.  It was threatening, but I can't remember if it was actually a mechanical threat, or just a bit of art, or maybe just my imagination.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: January 20, 2022, 08:48:50 pm »

There was a kid's game in the mid 90's (definitely not 2000's) with a cartoon theme.  In the introduction: A very young girl, with a neighbor boy, is trying to discover the grand unifying theory.  But something goes wrong! 
Some sort of demon emerges, quips "Do I look like a unifying kind of guy?", and escapes into our reality to enact some terrible plan.

I think one of the minigames involved regulating a blimp's heat and ballast to navigate obstacles.  Other than that I'm not sure - maybe the villain was building something as the game progressed.  It was threatening, but I can't remember if it was actually a mechanical threat, or just a bit of art, or maybe just my imagination.

Maybe one of the Super Solvers games?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: January 20, 2022, 09:56:51 pm »

Wow it was around the right time for that.  I played most of the Super Solvers and Super Seekers games as a child.  This was probably a few years more recent than that, though it's hard to remember because I only got to play it at a friend's place.  It was weird because they mostly had NES and SNES games, but I'm almost positive this was PC.  The cutscene was like a FMV but cartoon, because I think it predated the CD rollout and accompanying FMV craze...

I'll figure it out sometime.  There was a lot of shovelware edutainment back then, I'll just need to go on a 90's nostalgia dive sometime and find it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: January 20, 2022, 11:11:42 pm »

This is probably The Adventures of Hyperman. You got some of the details wrong which made it hard to track down. But Emma C. Squared screwing up and freeing the bad guy and the quote you gave with slightly different wording are pretty strong evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 203