Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351466 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Sounds like 'Kohan: Battle of Ahriman' which had one of campaigns starting with a tribe of lizards in a jungle fighting against evil-lizards or something. There was multiple 'factions' to play as and most of differences boiled down to color of capes and abilities of mages.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it definitely wasn't Kohan. I'm just going to chalk this up to bad memory, because "Warlords Battlecry" sounds so familiar. It has "war" and "battle" in the title and I recall the title being very straightforward like that.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking for I think an "indie" game. I believe its mostly a sidescroller/platformer but has many genre shifts thru out the game, and the main character is a sad looking cartoon man with some sort of bowler or top hat. I thought it might have been called something like Harolds Quest or Hals quest, have looked all day cannot find it anywhere.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking for I think an "indie" game. I believe its mostly a sidescroller/platformer but has many genre shifts thru out the game, and the main character is a sad looking cartoon man with some sort of bowler or top hat. I thought it might have been called something like Harolds Quest or Hals quest, have looked all day cannot find it anywhere.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/315940/Top_Hat/

This?

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly no - I think the big gimmick was that the game started simply and then an open world was unlocked and some levels were like "mini games" of different genres.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That sounds like it could be either Evoland or its sequel.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 10:03:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a game called Hill Quest on Steam.  It's a platformer.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The main character was very round and cartoonish with simple facial features and nicely dressed. I believe you had to collect coins in the levels to open up new stages but I might be wrong about that. Maybe I'm dreaming this game up in some sort of mental break with reality. Wouldn't be the first time.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found it folks!

Hoarce - https://store.steampowered.com/app/629090/Horace/

That was wayyyy harder than it should have been. Thanks for your efforts!!

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Horace was originally a series on the ZX Spectrum.  Those games are coming to Steam too:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2006840/The_Horace_Trilogy/

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to remember a low-quality indie MMO(?) in which the setting is a giant terraced city lit by a giant crystal in the ceiling. The city is an inverted cone, though the cross section you are shown is merely a triangle. Upper classes live on upper terraces closer to the crystal's light, while lower terraces are lower in social status and crime riddled (along with possibly a bunch of external threats like mutated animals and other monsters). I believe the backstory was the surface was scoured by some cataclysm so everyone was living underground.

Graphical quality was maybe Runes of Magic level, though probably more cheapo. I'm not 100% sure if it was an MMO. It may have also been a browser game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:43:10 am by Niveras »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to remember a low-quality indie MMO(?) in which the setting is a giant terraced city lit by a giant crystal in the ceiling. The city is an inverted cone, though the cross section you are shown is merely a triangle. Upper classes live on upper terraces closer to the crystal's light, while lower terraces are lower in social status and crime riddled (along with possibly a bunch of external threats like mutated animals and other monsters). I believe the backstory was the surface was scoured by some cataclysm so everyone was living underground.

Graphical quality was maybe Runes of Magic level, though probably more cheapo. I'm not 100% sure if it was an MMO. It may have also been a browser game.
Sounds like Planeshift.

There was an old fantasy RTS game that I recall playing where you started with an army on a randomly generated map and ran around it finding artifacts (and maybe buildings?) to make you stronger, eventually defeating your opponents. I don't recall base building and I remember the art being slightly more unrealistic than WoW art (think pointlessly big pauldrons). I think the name had "battle" in it. Or maybe "siege".
Could it be Dragonshard? It has only light base building, WoW-like art, and is an RTS mostly centered on battle and exploring dungeons for D&D loot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Already mentioned dragonshard, didn't seem to be it, unless they missed the namedrop, too, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like Planeshift.
Yeah, looks like.

And holy shit it's still in development and hasn't hit 1.0 yet. I'm pretty sure this thing is at least 10 years old and probably closer to 20. (Well, the 0.7 version is "Planeshift Unreal" in the unreal engine, I do not know what version "Planeshift Legacy" stopped at, but they say there are still bugs and missing features.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:41:40 am by Niveras »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to find something that was mentioned somewhere in the Other Games section sometime in the last two or three years, and was in some flavor of pre-release (beta, EA, etc.) at the time. May be slightly off on specifics as I didn't get around to actually trying it.

Graphics are predominantly jRPG-style pixelart. Gameplay is reminiscent of turn-based RPG (not sure if it's manual or autobattle) gauntlet battles, with the twist being that you're forced to play with a team that's assembled with a hefty dose of RNG; I specifically recall that the dev's objective was to have 100 different classes. Obscure class synergies are supposed to be a major thing. It has a metagame system akin to most roguelites nowadays: Fail a run, get a metacurrency that you can spend.

It is not a creature collection game of any kind.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 203