Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 356139 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Closest I've been exposed to that sounds like that is Time Break Chronicles. Is on steam.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Closest I've been exposed to that sounds like that is Time Break Chronicles. Is on steam.

And it sounds like that because it is it!... despite the errors in my description. Thanks!

Edit: It's... actually a lot less interesting than I hoped. Less synergy based than you'd expect. It kind of feels like a Monster Sanctuary if they got rid of the need to combo everything, and instead just let you lay the beatdown on anything resembling a reasonable build.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 06:22:09 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2957 on: August 06, 2022, 08:08:45 pm »

There's a pokemon fan game that came out in April or something. Supposed to have 21 starters I think? It's managed to avoid getting cease and desisted by Nintendo so far, and it's got its own dedicated website.

I know it's not much, but I didn't play it, just lose the name of the game and can't find the site again.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: August 06, 2022, 08:14:46 pm »

A (incognito mode) Google search of "pokemon fan game 21 starters" gives me multiple hits of Pokemon Reborn.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: August 06, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »

That's the one, ta.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: August 14, 2022, 10:58:13 pm »

Ok, so I've googled for this one many times.

When I played this game it would have been sometime around 2010, not sure when it came out.
It was a top down 2D survival game on an alien planet. I remember the 'main' mode you played as a human trying to escape. There were at least a few different endings, you could repair your ship, take over a pirate ship, I think there was an option to 'go native'
You could also play as a cyborg, which I think had the same objective, but played different, as you were stronger, but needed power and repair kits.
Other option was to play as an alien, native to the planet... so not actually an alien I guess. Where you would hunt humans and other aliens to grow stronger.

So, some quick bullets:
-2D
-Top down
-survival and crafting when that stuff wasn't all over the place yet
-had a weird name
-3 different play styles
-multiple endings
-I don't know why this one sticks out to me, but I also remember one of the first things you'd be surviving off of was edible fungus.

I'm not expecting any hits here.

Edit:
So, I've been trying to remember this game for years on and off at this point. When I posted this I had the idea to check back in my posts here. And what do you know, hidden in the heaps of my childhood cringeposts, I had mentioned it. It's even on steam now.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/349100/Notrium/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:08:32 pm by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 15, 2022, 05:17:20 am »

Yeah, it's come up in here before, heh. It had some neat mods back in the day, can't even remember if the psionic alien was baseline or from one of them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 17, 2022, 02:45:49 pm »

Yeh, the psionic soap bubble was in the base game. Never did get far playing as them...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 19, 2022, 01:28:24 pm »

I believe the game is called "Notrium". I also went back to this game and it was crazy how much easier it was as an adult.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 03, 2022, 05:42:03 am »

There was a survival game I played a good number of years ago, I think with people on this forum. Survival game, isometric, pixellated art style, free.

I never got far, I just remember fairly early into it you had to get silkworms and mulberries to produce string or rope or something.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 03, 2022, 07:30:57 am »

There was a survival game I played a good number of years ago, I think with people on this forum. Survival game, isometric, pixellated art style, free.

I never got far, I just remember fairly early into it you had to get silkworms and mulberries to produce string or rope or something.

Cataclysm: DDA?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 04, 2022, 11:22:06 pm »

That sounds like a minecraft ex nihilo modpack. Silkworms you put in trees for string, and mulberry bark to turn into paper... Probably not it if you are saying it's pixelated though.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 05, 2022, 02:11:33 am »

Sounds like it could be Haven & Hearth? The older version, specifically -- the current version is 3D.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 18, 2022, 03:22:09 pm »

Looking for a turn-based tactics medieval/fantasy game, 3d polygon type graphics, hard game, the whole idea of the game was you were a spy/rebel and or assassin who was attempting to overthrow a kingdom and each map had you getting progressively deeper and deeper into like the kingdom/the castle. It was brutally hard. Any ideas?
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: September 18, 2022, 06:34:53 pm »

Turns out it was crown takers!

What a hard game.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 203