Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351469 times)

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 07:18:12 am »

Excuse me already for a double post, but I just now remembered a game that I really want to play again, but as you might guess it, the name is missing.
(P) = Positive about this
(?) = Not sure

It was a 3D FPS game(P) with few different weapons(?), It asked you for a folder and then it scanned every file from it and then created few viruses there to spread along the files, although not really (P), You could travel between folders by using a gateway (?), If you pointed at a file it showed the directory(?), the name(P), the size(?), created(?) and the extension(P)
I even managed to find few games I completely forgot about by playing it.
It's free(P)
It was under 40MB(?)
The viruses were floating and it had a "dictionary" of the monsters, I can remember that there was a red Bugbear that shot at you.(P)
Also you had a radar and a constant thing that told you how many infected and how many uninfected(P), you won the game when all viruses were exterminated(P)
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:38 am »

Excuse me already for a double post, but I just now remembered a game that I really want to play again, but as you might guess it, the name is missing.
(P) = Positive about this
(?) = Not sure

It was a 3D FPS game(P) with few different weapons(?), It asked you for a folder and then it scanned every file from it and then created few viruses there to spread along the files, although not really (P), You could travel between folders by using a gateway (?), If you pointed at a file it showed the directory(?), the name(P), the size(?), created(?) and the extension(P)
I even managed to find few games I completely forgot about by playing it.
It's free(P)
It was under 40MB(?)
The viruses were floating and it had a "dictionary" of the monsters, I can remember that there was a red Bugbear that shot at you.(P)
Also you had a radar and a constant thing that told you how many infected and how many uninfected(P), you won the game when all viruses were exterminated(P)

Virus: The Game?

cupido

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 01:34:34 pm »

I'm looking for the name of the following game, because I liked the music.

It's a game for the C64. The player controls a "tank", looked more like a sphere with four legs on its sides, and you had to hunt down insects that looked like bees in a blocky "city". All was shown in top-down-view and the shots you were firing were bouncing. Can't remember much more... it was not colourful, all kept in one colour... the first city was green I think... 

Amaroute. I remembered the name the moment I posted. Duh.     
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:37:27 pm by cupido »

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 01:39:50 pm »

Blah blah blah
Virus: The Game?
Sorry but no, It didn't try to hide it's graphical look, the walls were green with a bright green wireframe on top of it
Also the UI was very minimalistic and it was fullscreen.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2009, 04:10:33 pm »

I'm looking for the name of the following game, because I liked the music.

It's a game for the C64. The player controls a "tank", looked more like a sphere with four legs on its sides, and you had to hunt down insects that looked like bees in a blocky "city". All was shown in top-down-view and the shots you were firing were bouncing. Can't remember much more... it was not colourful, all kept in one colour... the first city was green I think... 

Amaroute. I remembered the name the moment I posted. Duh.     
Seeing as we're on the topic of tanks and C64. Here's another request, this time I don't know what the game is.

All I can really remember of it was that you controlled a tank, and went all around the environment blasting things (obviously) with tron-like controls for the turret, i think. Well, anyway, the first level if I remember correctly was in shades of blue. It had pretty good graphics for it's day.

I don't quite recall but I think the tank even looked like the siege tanks from Dune.

Here's a picture for reference:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2009, 08:02:45 pm »

This game was mentioned on the forum at some point, but I don't know what to search for to find it.  It was a sidescrolling action game with a female protagonist.  I believe it was freeware.  Anyway, there was some kind of self-imposed challenge you could do to increase the difficulty of the final boss.  The character had some kind of powers, whether they were psychic powers or bionic powers I don't know.  ANyone know what this was?

EDIT:  Nevermind, I found it.  Iji was the game.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:04:27 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2009, 08:05:03 pm »

This game was mentioned on the forum at some point, but I don't know what to search for to find it.  It was a sidescrolling action game with a female protagonist.  I believe it was freeware.  Anyway, there was some kind of self-imposed challenge you could do to increase the difficulty of the final boss.  The character had some kind of powers, whether they were psychic powers or bionic powers I don't know.  ANyone know what this was?

Iji?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

I'm looking for two games:

1)
Fairly old, swords & sorcery type RPG. The plot involved a lot of time travel, but it was pretty much streamlined. You couldn't arbitrarily choose to travel through time when you wanted to. Travel was a function of the story line. Once you beat a boss, you'd get a sequence from your wizard mentor and you'd be moved to the next time you had to do something at. There were three games in this series. I'm pretty sure it was a PC game, not a console game. Game was top-view, 2d and in color. When traveling through dungeons, areas for which you didn't have proper line of sight were blacked out. You were only allowed a single character, not a party.

2)
Game was a two player chess-like game in which the usual pieces were replaced with fantasy units, each of which had their own mechanics. Every time a piece moved to try to "capture" another piece, there was a 3d combat sequence between the two, and either could win. There was no way to capture a piece without winning the 3d fight, so even if a queen attacked a pawn, it was still possible for the pawn to win. Game was sort of like a 3d version of archon ultra, but the view of the board was "front on" for each player, even during the fight sequence, so you were looking forward at your opponent, rather than down from the top. I think this was an SNES game, but I'm not certain.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2009, 12:41:43 am »

yadda yadda

Have some FP-FS. I found the hit detection to be screwy or something, because when I shot the virii with my crossbow thing they'd never take damage. It annoyed me.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2009, 02:35:17 am »

Lordbucket: Well, I was going to suggest Startropics II for the first, but it's not that close, and NES.
As for the second, it's probably not Battle Chess(too low-tech). nor Dark Legions(too unchesslike), though that was a fun game too.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2009, 02:41:47 am »

I'm looking for an old snes tactical rpg.

I remember that you started out in a school. And your equipment consisted of wooden weapons.

Also I think it was lances but It could have been bows could only attack diagonally. I hated that part because I didn't really understand the concept with my little kids mind.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2009, 02:53:28 am »

I'm looking for two games:

1)
Fairly old, swords & sorcery type RPG. The plot involved a lot of time travel, but it was pretty much streamlined. You couldn't arbitrarily choose to travel through time when you wanted to. Travel was a function of the story line. Once you beat a boss, you'd get a sequence from your wizard mentor and you'd be moved to the next time you had to do something at. There were three games in this series. I'm pretty sure it was a PC game, not a console game. Game was top-view, 2d and in color. When traveling through dungeons, areas for which you didn't have proper line of sight were blacked out. You were only allowed a single character, not a party.

2)
Game was a two player chess-like game in which the usual pieces were replaced with fantasy units, each of which had their own mechanics. Every time a piece moved to try to "capture" another piece, there was a 3d combat sequence between the two, and either could win. There was no way to capture a piece without winning the 3d fight, so even if a queen attacked a pawn, it was still possible for the pawn to win. Game was sort of like a 3d version of archon ultra, but the view of the board was "front on" for each player, even during the fight sequence, so you were looking forward at your opponent, rather than down from the top. I think this was an SNES game, but I'm not certain.

1) No Idea

2) Archon Ulltra? http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/812/Archon+Ultra.html
I got nothing

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2009, 02:55:47 am »

2)

2) Archon Ulltra? http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/812/Archon+Ultra.html
Somehow I doubt it.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2009, 10:26:37 am »

yadda yadda

Have some FP-FS. I found the hit detection to be screwy or something, because when I shot the virii with my crossbow thing they'd never take damage. It annoyed me.

FP-FS it is, Thanks, going to play it now.

MeisterJoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:05 pm »

The thing I'm looking for is not looking for a game per-se it was an utility that allowed you to connect to other users to play pnp rpgs over the net. You had options to share character sheets, rulebooks, tilesets and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 203