Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351368 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it might be one of the Escape Velocity games! That screen:

looks incredibly familiar! Thanks! I'm gonna have to try to get my hands on them when I get home and see if it jogs any more memories.

Here's another one I've been looking for:

You are on a space station. The station is going to be destroyed. You must interact with other characters on the space station to try to figure out what happens before it falls into the sun. There is also like a dream realm thing. It was a very weird adventure game. 3d graphics, although not very good.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:24:07 pm by GlyphGryph »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh wow, I think I know what you're talking about with the lame 3d graphics. 

I think it was a "sequel" with nothing really to do with the original System Shock game.  like an "in the same universe as" game that was supposed to be made by the same guys at Looking Glass, but either they never finished it or it was released by a different studio or something.

There was a demo on one of those discs that used to come with the big gamer magazines of the 90s.

You were actually on a disabled space ship that was falling into the sun, and interacting socially with the other passengers was how you were supposed to figure out what was going on.

I dont remember what it was called.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are on a space station. The station is going to be destroyed. You must interact with other characters on the space station to try to figure out what happens before it falls into the sun. There is also like a dream realm thing. It was a very weird adventure game. 3d graphics, although not very good.

Sentient.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Sentient.
Who the fuck names a space station 'Icarus' and is surprised when it goes careening into the sun?
It's like naming a ship 'Titanic' and being surprised when it gets sunk.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Who the fuck names a space station 'Icarus' and is surprised when it goes careening into the sun?

Oh hai new sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Oh hai new sig
Yeah, I am now in your sigtext twice. Not like the first time was anything to be proud of since it was just the setup to the sigged comment, but the spirit of it is stll there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

So there's this game I've been thinking about for a while which I played when I was about 7. I only played the demo that came on a PC gaming magazine's demo disc.

It was an RTS and the primary resource which was harvested was pumpkins, from memory. From my vague memory of the intro cinematic it was a strange post-apocalypse setting which might have been semi-steampunk. It was possible to use some kind of 'messenger' unit to communicate with the enemy and exchange certain things with them, I believe and there was a unit with a bow which could also steal technology from the enemy.

That's basically all I remember, anyone who thinks this sounds familiar, a name would be nice.

NOTE: I played this around 2001-2002.

No matter: I've found it. 'Rising Lands' was its name!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there's this game I've been thinking about for a while which I played when I was about 7. I only played the demo that came on a PC gaming magazine's demo disc.

It was an RTS and the primary resource which was harvested was pumpkins, from memory. From my vague memory of the intro cinematic it was a strange post-apocalypse setting which might have been semi-steampunk. It was possible to use some kind of 'messenger' unit to communicate with the enemy and exchange certain things with them, I believe and there was a unit with a bow which could also steal technology from the enemy.

That's basically all I remember, anyone who thinks this sounds familiar, a name would be nice.

NOTE: I played this around 2001-2002.

No matter: I've found it. 'Rising Lands' was its name!
I remember that. It looked like it had great potential, but failed completely to utilize it. I remember it taking me hours to learn how to harvest food.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help me again, dear Bay12ers! There was an old action/point-and-click adventure game where you are infected with a disease, and spend the game looking for cure. Similar enough to Silver. I think it was Dark... something.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont know about that, but there's a new first person adventure game (year old) called Miasmata that is pretty much the same idea.  start out infected, and try to find a cure.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

It might be Dark Earth.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It might be Dark Earth.

Bingo! Fantastic :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I've thought of another game I'd like the name of. Funny that I'm posting in this topic then isn't it? :P

Hm, let's see. It was a 3D game with pre-rendered backgrounds. I remember the game was set in Japan or China, probably in the past.

The one scene I remember from it was this; your... party I think had fought with another group on the grounds of a temple/mansion made of wood, or at least a house. After the battle you were given exposition from one of the defeated villains, after which your character(s) left, cut to the villain lying on the ground puking up some mind control worms or some such.

I think I saw it around 2000 or before. The graphics were like Silent Hill 1, that blocky, early type of character modelling. I saw the game on the computer, but since the theme seems to be rather more JRPG then WRPG I'm wondering whether it was an emulated game. I'm pretty sure it was a horror game.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile

Okay, so, I need help remembering a game with a description as follows;
You're a riot cop or SWAT or some sort of gun-toting cop man. The city you're in has become gang and violence/crime riddled, and you basically fight your way through hordes of gangsters wearing crazy masks and whatnot. Riot shields(both cop and gang make) were used widely, and it had special missions you could do to unlock stuff.
The final level involved the gangs hitting you at your apartment, and you had to fight your way through them and a meat-processing plant.
I recall you could arrest some mooks for bonuses, or just straight up execute them.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so, I need help remembering a game with a description as follows;
You're a riot cop or SWAT or some sort of gun-toting cop man. The city you're in has become gang and violence/crime riddled, and you basically fight your way through hordes of gangsters wearing crazy masks and whatnot. Riot shields(both cop and gang make) were used widely, and it had special missions you could do to unlock stuff.
The final level involved the gangs hitting you at your apartment, and you had to fight your way through them and a meat-processing plant.
I recall you could arrest some mooks for bonuses, or just straight up execute them.

Urban Chaos: Riot Response.

Damn fun game, by the by. I'm glad I picked it up when I had the chance.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 203