Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351384 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So this is to prevent anyone from starting up threads elsewhere about games whose names they can't remember so as to save up space elsewhere. It's handy, y'know?

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

There was this game on the gameboy where you played as space tank.

Mostly as in an top down shooter format, occasionally a dungeon crawl for bosses, and you had to attach wings to your tank and go through a shoot 'em up segment to travel between planets.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

EDIT: I found it, going to make a topic about it because it is awesome!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:20:04 am by thatguyyaknow »
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mostly as in an top down shooter format, occasionally a dungeon crawl for bosses, and you had to attach wings to your tank and go through a shoot 'em up segment to travel between planets.

Sounds like Blaster Master... Maybe a clone or sequel?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once upon a time I played a game on the NES - it was one one of those 100 in 1 game cartridges and it involved building a base out of blocks on a top down 2d map and then fighting with tanks. Anyone know the name of the game?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Wiles, that sounds like a variation on Ramparts (or maybe Ramparts itself--the catapults looked kinda like tanks).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

Sounds like Blaster Master... Maybe a clone or sequel?

Actually the game is called Cosmo Tank.

Took me a while to find it.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm fairly certain the game was on a CD called "1000 Best Games For Windows", by Cosmi.  Unfortunately, my searches haven't turned up anywhere to download it, and I don't particularly feel like spending several dollars when I'm not even sure the game is on there. :P

Anyway... This game was, from what I remember, a primitive 3d roguelike.  You had a party of four or five kids -- yes, kids.  The plot for this game was weird.  The protagonists were school kids and the baddie was... a scientist I think?  Don't remember very clearly.  Anyway, these kids went through maze-like labyrinths, having to worry about food/water, etc.  Now, to my knowledge these kids couldn't die.  At most, they would pass out for a while.  Maybe if they all passed out in battle you lost.  I honestly can't remember.  Hell, I can't even remember if the game was turn-based or realtime.  But for my sporadic efforts to find such a game, I've turned up nothing.  Probably never will, either. Just not enough info to go on.  If only I could remember the title.  Oh well... :-\

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Alright, it was a PC game where you control a good 50 medieval fighters in a top-down perspective. All i remember is there were archers with some boulders as cover in one of the rather large maps.

Dunno what else though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a racing game, I remeber cars that looked kinda like lamborginis (could be wrong), and you were able to make your own tracks (like trackmania) game is prolly older then 8 years.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

It was a racing game, I remeber cars that looked kinda like lamborginis (could be wrong), and you were able to make your own tracks (like trackmania) game is prolly older then 8 years.

I am not sure, but Micro Machines 2. was awesome.  :D

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

an old Apple game (Apple IIe?) that you dig down and find minerals, and identify them based on their properties and color. The game has been haunting me for years now and I cannot remember it's name.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wiles, that sounds like a variation on Ramparts (or maybe Ramparts itself--the catapults looked kinda like tanks).

I've never played ramparts but it definitely could have been a ramparts variation considering it was on one of those multi-game carts.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds sort of like Stunts.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

an old Apple game (Apple IIe?) that you dig down and find minerals, and identify them based on their properties and color. The game has been haunting me for years now and I cannot remember it's name.

Oh wow, that brings back memories...

Back when I was in elementary school, and it was still state-of-the-art to have Apple IIs in the computer labs, I remember playing that game among others.  They were all games with thinly-veiled educational components, but oh well.  Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it.  Sorry. :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 203