Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351474 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll try my luck. Usually I get some really bad responses like "technocop" which was in no way like the game I'm looking for...

Anyways.. amiga game, top down view, mad max setting, red monstrous car, I THINK you could get out of your car, too. Sounds like Autoduel, I know, but it aint autoduel. It's newer, with nicer graphics. Played a bit privateerish/rpgish too, iirc.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, well.  Determination DOES pay off!  To any others in my situation, here's some help.  If you don't know the name of the game, but it was on some multi-game CD and you know the name of that CD, then you may have some luck looking here.  They've archived a fair number of those CDs, including the one I had in mind.  Lucky me! ;D

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

i played a fun game once, pretty simple though.

you controlled a squad of ants or somesuch, who you then instructed to do things, like build or collect Resource.

each ant could be iven a job, and has a little asthetic change to reflect this, the builders had tiny hard-hats and the collector ant has a breifcase.

the builders also made temporary bridges. they were made from blocks of mud that i assume were dredged straight from the bottom of the water source on which they were created.

the resource was shit like cola and doughnuts. ant-food thingies.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds pretty neat.

neudialect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deleted
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:20:00 am by neudialect »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I have that same 1000 Great Games for Windows CD. It was 95% shit, and a lot of the games were just demos. There were a few real gems though. Angband was one, which is how I got into roguelikes. Excelsior was another, it's a roguelike (with very primitive sprite graphics) that's puzzle-focused and in fact I've gotten stuck at one of the puzzles and can't progress further. There's one site on the whole internet dedicated to the game and it has solutions to some of the puzzles, but not that one.

Best of all was a game called "Loserball" that Toady made. At least, it said "Toady One productions." It was a board game where you all started with a blob in the corner and could either clone the blob to an adjacent square, or else jump it to a square 1 away. It was actually quite a good game, and there were a whole range of AI opponents ranging from retarded to extremely skilled. I remember many late nights in middle school trying to unseat "Gary" from the tournament champion's spot.

There were a ton of other games on that disk, like a demo of Exile, a ton of crappy ones, a lot that just didn't work at all...there was a sweet Capture the Flag demo where you had 8 kids that had to run around farmland and woods and pretty much play Capture the Flag.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

An Apple IIe game where you are trapped in a post-apocalyptic (okay, maybe just 'future') mall, after hours I believe, trying to find birthday present or something for a loved one.  Except that the mall is full of robots trying to kill you.  Side scroller, think "a couple years before Prince of Persia" I guess. The part I remember most vividly is that it had multiple levels, and if you tried to continue a game (IE play a level > 1), it asked you what you bought on your last trip.

NO idea...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you controlled a squad of ants or somesuch, who you then instructed to do things, like build or collect Resource.

each ant could be iven a job, and has a little asthetic change to reflect this, the builders had tiny hard-hats and the collector ant has a breifcase.

the builders also made temporary bridges. they were made from blocks of mud that i assume were dredged straight from the bottom of the water source on which they were created.

Microsoft Ants, my good lad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Ants for yer wikipedia article.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile

Microsoft Ants, my good lad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Ants for yer wikipedia article.

There's also SimAnts, which sounds similar to what he's talking about.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, that's nothing like SimAnt.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a racing game, I remeber cars that looked kinda like lamborginis (could be wrong), and you were able to make your own tracks (like trackmania) game is prolly older then 8 years.
Sounds sort of like Stunts.

Checking now. The screenshots look familiar.

OMG!!!! it's the one. tyvm. Now for some nostalgia
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Stuffs

Bingo! right on the money good sir!

you may have one E-biscuit.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll try my luck. Usually I get some really bad responses like "technocop" which was in no way like the game I'm looking for...

Anyways.. amiga game, top down view, mad max setting, red monstrous car, I THINK you could get out of your car, too. Sounds like Autoduel, I know, but it aint autoduel. It's newer, with nicer graphics. Played a bit privateerish/rpgish too, iirc.

it does sound like autoduel.  too bad.  and not Road War Europa or Road War 2000, either? you might try here:  http://eager.back2roots.org/ which has a list of "every amiga game ever released".  i'd be interested to know what is is, if you find it.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

There was this SNES game back in the days, where you did some stunts on a sidescroller view, and the more stunts you did the faster you went... I remember playing that to death. Can't remember the name though...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uniracer?

*fights with the forum for several minutes, trying to get around the 'you can't post 15 seconds after your last post' rule*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203