Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351394 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Uniracer?

*fights with the forum for several minutes, trying to get around the 'you can't post 15 seconds after your last post' rule*

Thats it! Man that game was fun... Didnt even remember it was unicycles :/

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That game rocked big time!

it does sound like autoduel.  too bad.  and not Road War Europa or Road War 2000, either? you might try here:  http://eager.back2roots.org/ which has a list of "every amiga game ever released".  i'd be interested to know what is is, if you find it.
I'll give that list a try... such a list was the reason I found it in the first place, anyway...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, it was a PC game where you control a good 50 medieval fighters in a top-down perspective. All i remember is there were archers with some boulders as cover in one of the rather large maps.

Dunno what else though.

That's pretty vague, but sounds somewhat like Siege, unless you didn't choose what forces to use in the game you're remembering, or if the game you're remembering didn't have castles or wasn't a DOS game. (This came out in 1992)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:57:39 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, Seige sounds cool.  Mainly because its a spin off from one of the best RPGs ever made.  I knew there were some poorly recieved Magic Candle sequels, but I didnt know there was a tactical spin-off game.

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds pretty vague but I'll try anyway.  A long time ago I remember finding some fantasy dungeon crawl game.  I can't remember much about it, but I know it was on the internet so it wasn't made by a big company.  It was first person 3-D perspective and you started in some courtyard and would go down into the castle/dungeon and eventually return to the courtyard to level/shop etc.  I also remember the levelling system consisted of some kind of circular thing. 

It was probably online in like 1999 or so.  I had downloaded it, but then deleted it due to a lack of space thinking I could always download it again.  But then I forgot the name and couldn't find it.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile

A game that me and my neighbor used to play. You were romans and it was a city builder. You needed to place housing plots and people would move in. You could build arenas, schools, and aqueducts. Oh and there were logs floating in the river.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

Sounds like the Ceasar series to me.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

A game that me and my neighbor used to play. You were romans and it was a city builder. You needed to place housing plots and people would move in. You could build arenas, schools, and aqueducts. Oh and there were logs floating in the river.
Did people riot if you didn't build temples? If so, it was probably Caeser, as Okenido said.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

This sounds pretty vague but I'll try anyway.  A long time ago I remember finding some fantasy dungeon crawl game.  I can't remember much about it, but I know it was on the internet so it wasn't made by a big company.  It was first person 3-D perspective and you started in some courtyard and would go down into the castle/dungeon and eventually return to the courtyard to level/shop etc.  I also remember the levelling system consisted of some kind of circular thing. 

It was probably online in like 1999 or so.  I had downloaded it, but then deleted it due to a lack of space thinking I could always download it again.  But then I forgot the name and couldn't find it.

This could be Mordor. It doesn't work on (my) Vista, though.

I'm looking for a Flash (maybe Java) applet. You had to choose a vehicle in the beginning, ther was a red motorbike, something blue, and a green buggy, I think. That 'vehicle' was used to browse a network, which at the start had only 5 or so computers, but you could hack gateway computers to increase level. There was also a shop pc where you could buy new software. Gameplay while hacking was turnbased, there was a grid with your programs and those of the security software on it, every program had range, damage, health etc. Also, programs left a trail which contributed to their HP, in a way I don't remember. There was also a log program that could increase speed of your programs and decrease security speed.

Some of this might be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Thanks anyway.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

sounds a little like DIABLO to me, but dn't quote me n that, i don't have it i fromt of me, and blizzard is pretty big.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a Flash (maybe Java) applet. You had to choose a vehicle in the beginning, ther was a red motorbike, something blue, and a green buggy, I think. That 'vehicle' was used to browse a network, which at the start had only 5 or so computers, but you could hack gateway computers to increase level. There was also a shop pc where you could buy new software. Gameplay while hacking was turnbased, there was a grid with your programs and those of the security software on it, every program had range, damage, health etc. Also, programs left a trail which contributed to their HP, in a way I don't remember. There was also a log program that could increase speed of your programs and decrease security speed.

Some of this might be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Thanks anyway.

Ah, I remember this one. You're looking for Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident. It really was fun, but unfortunately it got taken down by its parent company over a year ago, and I don't know where to find any other copies of it. It really was good, though.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

Ah, I remember this one. You're looking for Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident. It really was fun, but unfortunately it got taken down by its parent company over a year ago, and I don't know where to find any other copies of it. It really was good, though.

That's it, thanks :)
You can play it on webarchive.org, they still have the original LEGO webpage.
I didn't even remember it was LEGO...
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone remember an N64 game for me? You started off trying to go visit a farmer friend, when some goblins ambush you and poison you. There's this witch lady in a hut nearby that heals you, and then you go back to this castle and you have to go on a quest to cure the poison. You get this thiefy lady, and a bulky warrior guy, and this healer lady in purple. When you get to where your going, it's really snowwy and you have to fight wolves.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

I believe that's Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Hugs Okenido* Indeed it is. Can't believe I could remember so much about it but not the name.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203