Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351391 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile

Open source RPG game. Kind of seeks to emulate diablo, very simple 3d graphics. Module based
Any chance that'd be Flare?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Open source RPG game. Kind of seeks to emulate diablo, very simple 3d graphics. Module based
The simple 3D makes me think Egoboo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres a tough one i couldnt manage to find myself:
a ps1 racing game where you drive mundane cars (i remember using a soccermom 4 door for half the game just fine). i remember each racing level had some pretty nice countryside scenery, like a swamp, a desert, a forest.. (one level you drive through a city, and even the buildings). i also remember that you could drive a tank (or an apc) with a non-functioning turret. for the life of me, i cant remember anything else about it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:10:56 am by Geltor »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I remember having a magazine once around 10 years ago with an ad for a "tycoon" sort of game where you ran a game preserve for hunters. I've never been able to find the magazine, so I'm not sure if this game is real or if I just imagined it. Has anyone heard of this?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a short lived multiplayer game. I don't remember the gameplay much but I know it was a competitive game with two teams, each with a set # of players laying as knights on each side (either 50 or 100 I think?). Matches were pretty short. We had a thread here, pretty sure. I also think it had a short name, I feel like it might have even been a one letter name?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a short lived multiplayer game. I don't remember the gameplay much but I know it was a competitive game with two teams, each with a set # of players laying as knights on each side (either 50 or 100 I think?). Matches were pretty short. We had a thread here, pretty sure. I also think it had a short name, I feel like it might have even been a one letter name?

Know how old? 1st or 3rd person?

Something like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, or Mount & Blade?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to say I played something like a medieval version of Soldat but that could just be neurons misfiring.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to say I played something like a medieval version of Soldat but that could just be neurons misfiring.
Maybe you're thinking of the medieval game the developer of Soldat made? It's called King Arthur's Gold.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Maybe you're thinking of the medieval game the developer of Soldat made? It's called King Arthur's Gold.
...wait, Soldat dude made KAG? Hah, I never knew... Welp. Have to say that I personally prefer the gameplay of KAG, although Soldat's physics and animations are pretty sweet.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wait, Soldat dude made KAG? Hah, I never knew...

Same reaction here.

I don't think I've played KAG but that could be it.

Just clarifying, I wasn't asking for myself. I thought it could have been what quinnr was asking for.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Know how old? 1st or 3rd person?

Something like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, or Mount & Blade?

I feel like it was a few years back? And I forget but I think 3rd person.
It had really cartoony / blocky graphics, so not either of those.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game that came out in the last few years for PC where you were stuck in space and using remote controlled drones to explore derelict ships and stations to get enough fuel to jump to another system. The art was minimal; mostly just geometric outlines from what your probe could scan... boxes, walls, doors, and hopefully not hostiles. I want to say the title was one word, along the line of 'Hoarders' (though it evidently isn't).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

There was a game that came out in the last few years for PC where you were stuck in space and using remote controlled drones to explore derelict ships and stations to get enough fuel to jump to another system. The art was minimal; mostly just geometric outlines from what your probe could scan... boxes, walls, doors, and hopefully not hostiles. I want to say the title was one word, along the line of 'Hoarders' (though it evidently isn't).
Duskers?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duskers?

Yeeeeees, thank you; my searches were mostly turning up articles about actual space probes or NieR:Automata
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It was a game from around 2005-ish.

A space strategy with card-based mechanics. Or a card-based game in space. In any case, it relied on cards pretty heavily. I believe the business model was to sell virtual 'booster packs' on top of the base game itself.

I remember only bits and pieces:
- The galaxy map had systems connected by jump lanes. There weren't all that many systems (maybe a couple dozen or so).
- It was less 4x and more political struggle between factions/races.
- There was a senate-like system, where you had to ship pops to vote to possibly win the game (?).
- One of the races was I think Kilrathi/Mrrshan-style cats, with a bighuge unique combat ship.
- I think it was intended mainly for multiplayer, but I only played SP so it had to have some rudimentary solo mode.
- It was pretty obscure, even at the time, I believe.

---

edit: found it. It was Star Chamber: The Harbinger Saga.
It's no longer available, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:00:05 am by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 203