Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351376 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Not really a game so much as a simulator.

It was free, you have a small planet, and you can plop different animals on it. In addition, it has grass and fruit trees. The fruit trees drop fruit which have two values, something like bounciness and colour.

You could terraform the planet, make some areas hotter/colder IIRC, and basically let things loose and watch the ecosystem go.

So, not Plantera, not Reus, not Godfinger, not Earthtongue... I'm drawing a blank. Sounds interesting though.

☼FUN☼

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling forum user
    • View Profile

do you guys know or remember Friv?
I remember when I was little that there was a game where there is a bunch of blobs with different genes and you had to play a minigame to impress the other blob and then have a child and pass to the next level

it was quite a silly game and I can imagine why they removed it from there but I still wanna remember the name of that game
Have you seen the invisible kobold?

The Dystopian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this multiplayer game that you played as a member of a spaceship crew, everybody had a position and a job and there was also an alien masquarading as crew that was trying to secretly sabotage/infect the other people.

You could pick diferent character that had special habilitys, and I seem to remember that it played like a web game, where everyone had like 8 hours to submit thier turn/actions.

I've been trying to find that game again and it's consuming the life out of me and driving me mad(er)

Hopefully you guys can help,
thanks in advance

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

MUSH. It's called MUSH.

IIRC it's related to Twinoid/Motion-Twin somehow, but I can't recall (maybe it's the creator's website or the website a bunch of other games are posted on, but in any case, it's related to Twinoid/Motion-Twin.

The creators also made Die2Nite, Teacher Story, and probably a few other games I myself can't recall.

I don't know how active it is, but I'm at least fairly certain it still exists.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember when I was little that there was a game where there is a bunch of blobs with different genes and you had to play a minigame to impress the other blob and then have a child and pass to the next level

it was quite a silly game and I can imagine why they removed it from there but I still wanna remember the name of that game

Could this be Under the Garden? I have this buried in a bunch of old files, but the mechanics are very similar to that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

☼FUN☼

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling forum user
    • View Profile

Could this be Under the Garden? I have this buried in a bunch of old files, but the mechanics are very similar to that.
no it isn't it
it was an online game
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:11:00 pm by ☼FUN☼ »
Have you seen the invisible kobold?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2571 on: August 02, 2018, 12:44:34 pm »

I remember a game, but I couldn't tell you what platform. It had a ninja or something as the character, and in the first part you were moving through wheat fields and avoiding watch towers. I remember the view being very pulled-back, probably some kind of isometric or top-down. Definitely wasn't first-person.

It miiight have been a unit-based strategy game with only one or two starting units. But it might have been an action game instead ...

EDIT: It was in color, if this helps.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 02, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »

I remember a game, but I couldn't tell you what platform. It had a ninja or something as the character, and in the first part you were moving through wheat fields and avoiding watch towers. I remember the view being very pulled-back, probably some kind of isometric or top-down. Definitely wasn't first-person.

It miiight have been a unit-based strategy game with only one or two starting units. But it might have been an action game instead ...

It was a flash game on Newgrounds or ArmorGames I believe, I remember it too. And you the perspective was from the 'side'.

It had a samurai as the main character; at first there was lots of sneaking, but later on the swordfighting picked up in pace as well.

Name? Haha of course I don't remember it, silly! :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 02, 2018, 03:48:29 pm »

Nope! This was more of an iso top down thing. Like, your little 3D ninja guy was sneaking through tall wheat grass fields and you could see all the field area around him, and he could go around the tower if he wanted. Absolutely was not a side scroller.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 07, 2018, 03:52:47 am »

It was a flash game on Newgrounds or ArmorGames I believe, I remember it too. And you the perspective was from the 'side'.

It had a samurai as the main character; at first there was lots of sneaking, but later on the swordfighting picked up in pace as well.

Name? Haha of course I don't remember it, silly! :P
That would be Straw Hat Samurai, but indeed, it doesn't entirely fit Leo's description

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 08, 2018, 12:44:30 pm »

Did the game feature drawing on your enemies to kill them? That’s basically Straw Hat Samurai’s core gameplay mechanic right there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »

Possibly Shadow Tactics?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 08, 2018, 07:21:39 pm »

Open source RPG game. Kind of seeks to emulate diablo, very simple 3d graphics. Module based
The simple 3D makes me think Egoboo.
It was Egoboo!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 08, 2018, 10:27:06 pm »

Possibly Shadow Tactics?
I checked out some gameplay footage. It's not Shadow Tactics, but if you made Shadow Tactics as a PS1 game it would be exactly right. Miiight have been PS2 generation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 10, 2018, 02:44:47 pm »

After much rumination, I'm pretty sure I dreamt this game so long ago that my memory slipped, and I when I remembered it recently I believed it was a memory of an actual game.

Very :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 203