Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351382 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

There was this survival game not long ago, it was really early in dev, you moved a well-built cartoony guy and hit trees with a button, they fell and you got the wood so you could build stuff like a home etc. It was top down, sorta like a more animated Unreal World, but so far there was only trees everywhere.

Very late reply, but I found what we were looking for: Townseed. Don't worry I wasn't searching the whole time. Going by his Twitter it's still in development and has gone 3D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

A very early 2000s game, with rather bright and colorful graphics.

You were controlling a nation (state?) on Earth, and your goals were:

1. Research all kinds of nukes.
2. Launch space stations as research/defense platforms.
3. Launch nukes to wipe out the enemy.

You could leave launches and defense to AI, but at any given time you could hop behind space stations' weapons and blast the incoming missiles to bit.

I only played the game's demo, which ended after you researched 2nd type of missile and new satellite defenses.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to remember something that was a predominantly menu-driven text-based game, available on PC, where you're basically the officers of a colony ship trying to find somewhere to settle down. The assortment of officers you pick at the start influences the availability and success rate of the various events you'll encounter on planets as you... track down the origins of a beacon or something? I remember two points of interest you can reach along the way were a spaceship where the crew decided to basically merge themselves with the shipboard AI, achieving a hivemind pseudo-immortality, and a futuristic utopian planet. Both also functioned as bad-end traps if you failed the events, as your crew could decide to join them, as opposed to continuing on. It was predominantly pixel-art style and I want to say it came out in the last five years or so. I want to say there were also ship upgrade stats involved too.

(Not Seedship, though it was probably an inspiration This has more narrative. Not Out There.)

It is much older then 5 years (1994) so it is likely not the what you are looking for, but that sounds alot like Iron seed. The source code was released in late 2013 though, but not sure if anything came of that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A very early 2000s game, with rather bright and colorful graphics.

You were controlling a nation (state?) on Earth, and your goals were:

1. Research all kinds of nukes.
2. Launch space stations as research/defense platforms.
3. Launch nukes to wipe out the enemy.

You could leave launches and defense to AI, but at any given time you could hop behind space stations' weapons and blast the incoming missiles to bit.

I only played the game's demo, which ended after you researched 2nd type of missile and new satellite defenses.

MAD: Mutually Assured Destruction?

Played the same demo you did.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Although the full name is MAD: Global Thermonuclear Warfare, it's exactly what I was thinking about, thanks!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this survival game not long ago, it was really early in dev, you moved a well-built cartoony guy and hit trees with a button, they fell and you got the wood so you could build stuff like a home etc. It was top down, sorta like a more animated Unreal World, but so far there was only trees everywhere.

Very late reply, but I found what we were looking for: Townseed. Don't worry I wasn't searching the whole time. Going by his Twitter it's still in development and has gone 3D.

Haha! That one's definitely it. I remember the smooth chopping animation. Thanks!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

I don't know the exact title, but it was a Spiderman game from the early 00s, where there was a level in which Spiderman travels across floating New York in space, collecting some shit, then fighting Mysterio who's in turn was shielded atop a tower of his. It was available on PC, so it's not Spiderman 2... unless it's actually Spiderman 2 PC port, which is kinda infamous for being different and inferior compared to PS2 game.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know the exact title, but it was a Spiderman game from the early 00s, where there was a level in which Spiderman travels across floating New York in space, collecting some shit, then fighting Mysterio who's in turn was shielded atop a tower of his. It was available on PC, so it's not Spiderman 2... unless it's actually Spiderman 2 PC port, which is kinda infamous for being different and inferior compared to PS2 game.
Looks like it is the PC version of Spider-man 2.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

I remember seeing a game that looked similar to the FPS space hulk games. It was first person, on a dark space station. It was coop with friendly fire. I believe it had a semi pixelated look to it. It seemed very intense from the videos I watched of it. Sorry I can't give more info
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I remember seeing a game that looked similar to the FPS space hulk games. It was first person, on a dark space station. It was coop with friendly fire. I believe it had a semi pixelated look to it. It seemed very intense from the videos I watched of it. Sorry I can't give more info
Was it Space Beast Terror Fright?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be a freeware game called Derelict? A 10-year-old forum post about it. I don't recall if it had friendly fire, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

That's it! Thanks a ton guys
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

so there was this 2.5 twin stick shooter which was part of an indie competition themed around time travel or something of the sort, where every time you died the level restarted and you got to play together with the recording of all your previous attempts.

anyone remembers the name?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not twin stick but the only thing coming to mind is Super Time Force.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 203