Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351479 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2715 on: October 23, 2019, 05:17:48 am »

it does indeed look very different from my vague, lo-fi recollections of it.
This should look a bit more familiar!

Geeze, has Sub Rosa really been a thing since 2012? Man, I remembered watching videos of this stuff ages ago, but I didn't know it was that old...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2716 on: November 07, 2019, 12:05:23 am »

OK so this game recently came out on Steam and on Nintendo Switch but I cant find it for the life of me!

It's a rogue-like/lite/whatever top down kinda thing where your in a sci-fi city and you play different classes (lots of them can be unlocked) and you can breka into buildings and do missions various way depending on your class. It has local and online coop i think? As you complete each mission, you progress to the next are of the city. Its hard, you eventually die. You unlock new classes and stuff as you keep playing.

HELP ME!

(thank you)

P.S. been a long time since i posted here, nice to be back :)
I got nothing

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: November 07, 2019, 01:42:25 am »

...Streets of Rogue?

I mean, it's technically been out on Steam for quite a while in early access, but that sounds pretty close to what you're describing.

Also it's pretty frickin sweet.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2718 on: November 07, 2019, 10:52:49 am »

...Streets of Rogue?

I mean, it's technically been out on Steam for quite a while in early access, but that sounds pretty close to what you're describing.

Also it's pretty frickin sweet.

YES! Thanks you :)
I got nothing

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: November 26, 2019, 09:27:46 am »

There was this series of survival games, probably back in the late 90s or early 00s, on the PC. You had to manage a tribe of primitive humans and uncover secrets on various tropical islands. I remember that the game kept track of time while you were gone, sort of like a modern idle game, so if you left for a few days without making sure the tribe was getting along well you might come back to find half of them starved to death.

Graphics were pretty simple, the game area was basically a big bitmap while the people were various sprites mashed together to give each one a somewhat unique appearance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: November 26, 2019, 10:05:22 am »

There was this series of survival games, probably back in the late 90s or early 00s, on the PC. You had to manage a tribe of primitive humans and uncover secrets on various tropical islands. I remember that the game kept track of time while you were gone, sort of like a modern idle game, so if you left for a few days without making sure the tribe was getting along well you might come back to find half of them starved to death.

Graphics were pretty simple, the game area was basically a big bitmap while the people were various sprites mashed together to give each one a somewhat unique appearance.

Oh god, THAT thing... I remember that.

I believe you're referring to Virtual Villagers?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: November 26, 2019, 04:57:55 pm »

Oh god, THAT thing... I remember that.

I believe you're referring to Virtual Villagers?
Hey yeah, I think that was it! Thanks, it's actually a good few years more recent then I figured.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 25, 2019, 08:52:27 pm »

So, there was this CRPG (I think) which proposed to be a "realistic" (pseudo)medieval setting which caused quite a bit of controversy on the subject of historic faithfulness vs diversity and it was not Kingdom Come Deliverance. Anyone knows what game I was talking about? I'm trying to remember what it may have been, but I can't seem to remember which game that was.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 25, 2019, 09:05:14 pm »

Darklands?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 25, 2019, 09:18:08 pm »

Darklands?
No, newer than that, I believe it was crowd-funded too, although I can't be entirely sure if it actually was or if the internet hype about its development just happened around the same time as crowd-funding was at its apex.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: December 26, 2019, 12:43:07 am »

This is an old (Pre-2000 Windows if I guess right) RTS like game which had two factions which was Greys(Or just aliens) and Humans. The most distinct thing I remember was that all building was all on one "Pad" together rather then building separate buildings.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 26, 2019, 01:07:15 am »

Darklands?
No, newer than that, I believe it was crowd-funded too, although I can't be entirely sure if it actually was or if the internet hype about its development just happened around the same time as crowd-funding was at its apex.
You're not thinking of For Honor, are you? It's not CRPG, but there was a lot of hype about historical accuracy (at least for the combat), and then things went a bit looney tune.

This is an old (Pre-2000 Windows if I guess right) RTS like game which had two factions which was Greys(Or just aliens) and Humans. The most distinct thing I remember was that all building was all on one "Pad" together rather then building separate buildings.
Dark Colony (search for images, you'll recognize it)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 26, 2019, 01:11:16 am »

That's it! Thanks.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 26, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »

You're not thinking of For Honor, are you? It's not CRPG, but there was a lot of hype about historical accuracy (at least for the combat), and then things went a bit looney tune.
No. It might have been Mordhau though, but I'm fairly sure it was a RPG, not first person medieval "arena".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 26, 2019, 02:29:41 pm »

No. It might have been Mordhau though, but I'm fairly sure it was a RPG, not first person medieval "arena".
The only RPG I remember that's similar to either of those is Mount&Blade, and it does have the 'historical accuracy' angle of a sort, but there wasn't any controversy around it to my knowledge.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203