Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 351407 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2760 on: February 14, 2020, 04:13:13 am »

Kinda sounds like Archon or one of its clones.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 14, 2020, 07:07:24 am »

Kinda sounds like Archon or one of its clones.
Not nearly that old, so clone it is.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 17, 2020, 12:30:30 pm »

What's the name of that old FPS where you chose a character? It had both god mode and dog mode, and you wanted to either collect or shoot all of the collectible items, most of which were hidden? There were metal circles in the ground that would throw you up in the air.

Edit: Rise of the Triad. Which, as far as I remember, only came in shareware bundles. With castle of the winds.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:36:46 pm by Iduno »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 17, 2020, 12:36:28 pm »

What's the name of that old FPS where you chose a character? It had both god mode and dog mode, and you wanted to either collect or shoot all of the collectible items, most of which were hidden? There were metal circles in the ground that would throw you up in the air.

Rise of the Triad?

Only on the basis of hearing that there are multiple characters and a dog mode. I've never played it.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 18, 2020, 10:35:21 am »

There was a remake of Rise of the Triad in 2012 if you are interested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 18, 2020, 10:55:11 am »

There was a remake of Rise of the Triad in 2012 if you are interested.

I read a review that complained it was too faithful to the original.

On one hand, I understand what they're going for with that complaint, but on the other hand quit ruining our fantastic garbage for us.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 19, 2020, 06:09:50 pm »

Nevermind, it got taken down
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:31:24 pm by eerr »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if it has been released yet (or even if it got canceled/fallen into development hell), but I recall seeing something about what was essentially a game very heavily inspired by Lords of the Realms 2, to the point of arguably being a spiritual successor, but I can't seem to recall its name. Obviously not Lords of the Realms 3, that one sucked balls, and the game I'm thinking is far more recent.

Anyone know which game/project I'm talking about?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I don't know if it has been released yet (or even if it got canceled/fallen into development hell), but I recall seeing something about what was essentially a game very heavily inspired by Lords of the Realms 2, to the point of arguably being a spiritual successor, but I can't seem to recall its name. Obviously not Lords of the Realms 3, that one sucked balls, and the game I'm thinking is far more recent.

I'd love to know more about this as well.  Lords of The Realm 2 is really great!  Such a creative mix of economy management and RTS.  It mechanically demonstrates why castles were incredible important, but also why they can be defeated by enacting total war on the surrounding populace.

I made a LP but it's pretty short
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lords of Magic?

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rising Lords? It's in Early Access.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Time for obscure thing:

I remember when I was younger, around 2008-2012(at the latest), on the old iMac the family had I had downloaded this game that was basically The Powder Toy, but wasn't. I haven't been able to find it, brain says it's 'The Powder Box' but I dunno.

Details I remember are that it had a shovel and sandcastle thing upturned as the icon. UI looked likeeee a plain white box with text over it and descriptions that go across the bottom of the window. Had a big gameplay window. Had a ton of mods, one I distinctly recall basically being 'random galaxy generation' with the 'stars' sending out 'ships' and the stars would change color, with another mod by the same guy which was a solar system generator with warring planets.

Notable details about that are I recall one being a corruptor type thing, where planets infected by them would turn purple and black, and a nanomachine thing which would infect a planet and kill it, slowly turning it into more nanomachines that would eventually slowly migrate over the entire play area. Recall a tool called the 'solar knife'(?) that was basically manually creating stars.

This game had a wiki it linked to that had every single mod ever catalogued on it, the mod I'm talking about(planet one) even had 'scenarios' which you could create and simulate. Had a whole story. Forget the story tho, never really messed with that.

Really wanna have a big burst of nostalgia, but need to find it obviously :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Have you tried sniffing around the various Falling Sand Game variants? Stuff like WxSand and EnigmaSand?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I haven't, no, will do so yeah.

this is one of those things i honestly don't remember how i even found it initially

Addendum/Edit: It was indeed WXsand, I can instantly tell because the ??? element it has is triggering all kinds of nostalgia hah

sadly the wiki seems dead, which kills a lot of mods, but iiii did find a linux reupload with a bunch of mods through google so that'll be nice to peruse :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:28:13 am by Iceblaster »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Burning Sand 2 was also pretty big.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 203