Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 356156 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2925 on: January 20, 2022, 11:14:08 pm »

Yeah that's definitely it, thanks!  Wow.  There was a TV show??  What a strange time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 21, 2022, 12:16:26 am »

Most of the tv show seems to be lost to the internet, even.

... scoping one that wasn't, that may not be a bad thing, exactly. Opening scene has the main character plus questionably designed sidekick bust down the door to an occupied sauna, said sidekick promptly pulling out a camera and taking pictures of the panicking (roided up guy and some fucked up looking purple talking dog busts into your sauna and you'd probably freak out a bit, too) towel clad young women that were in the room.

I was just kinda' looking at it and going, "Yep, that was a 90s cartoon." Then the commercials started and chips ahoy had some kind of horrorbeast straight out of a poor cgi nightmare doing flips and I noped the hell out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:20:06 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 21, 2022, 12:18:18 am »

"The show featured an intergalactic sheriff fighting the evil monster Entrobe and his sidekick Kidd Chaos. Hyperman was joined by his own sidekicks, Studd Puppy and 13-year-old science genius Emma C. Squared."

...I'm not sure how to feel about myself that I got as far as "Studd Puppy" before I nope'd out of that.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So back in 2005, I was taking a "programming class". They had a game dev tool or game engine that had a number of example or preview games.

One of these was a grid based wizard vs wizard game that was playable within it. I think it was multiplayer capable but that might be 17 years of brain degradation speaking.

Anyone know the game or engine?

Edit: After switching up my google search terms it was almost certainly a knock off of Arena https://dosgames.com/game/arena/ or maybe it was made with the tool and kept as shareware within it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:40:02 am by AnalysisFailed »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

Back around 8 years ago bow I found this little game in the same general vibe as DF, except you stick aboveground initially, with the underground being full of all sorts of spooky things that want to kill you. Two things I remember the most are the game having this isometric view of the world that you could rotate in 45 degree increments, and all the metals were some sort of <enemy>-ite, i.e. spiderite, goblinite, ogreite, etc.

I've asked around before and I'm like 99% certain it's not Gnomoria, which is the answer I got last time.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Probably Towns, if googling that metal name stuff is any indication.
Ask not!
Ask!

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there's an old mmo I stumble upon many years ago.All I remembered is that it can play offline and probably inspired by Everquest.
I've googled it and all i got is a thumbnail.Anyone got ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/7AVWCGB

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:47:19 am by newsamsam »

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there's an old mmo I stumble upon many years ago.All I remembered is that it can play offline and probably inspired by Everquest.
I've googled it and all i got is a thumbnail.Anyone got ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/7AVWCGB

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asheron's Call.  It wasn't inspired by EverQuest.  It was released at roughly the same time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:04:39 pm by Stench Guzman »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was an old fantasy RTS game that I recall playing where you started with an army on a randomly generated map and ran around it finding artifacts (and maybe buildings?) to make you stronger, eventually defeating your opponents. I don't recall base building and I remember the art being slightly more unrealistic than WoW art (think pointlessly big pauldrons). I think the name had "battle" in it. Or maybe "siege".

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably Dungeon Siege but could be a few other options.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably Dungeon Siege but could be a few other options.

Nope, but that does give me reference to say that the art was more cartoonish. Brighter colors. And the camera was more zoomed out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Kohan, maybe? There was the first and then a sequel.

Other thoughts are Heroes of Annihilated Empires or maybe the spellforce line. Any more details you could remember would help, heh. Dragonshard, maybe. There were a lot of old-ish RTS games with vaguely warcraft-y graphics and a random map option.
Ask not!
Ask!

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kohan, maybe? There was the first and then a sequel.

Other thoughts are Heroes of Annihilated Empires or maybe the spellforce line. Any more details you could remember would help, heh. Dragonshard, maybe. There were a lot of old-ish RTS games with vaguely warcraft-y graphics and a random map option.

Warlords Battlecry would be similarly close although there was base building to some degree. There's just a ton of options without any weird unique details.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was an old fantasy RTS game that I recall playing where you started with an army on a randomly generated map and ran around it finding artifacts (and maybe buildings?) to make you stronger, eventually defeating your opponents. I don't recall base building and I remember the art being slightly more unrealistic than WoW art (think pointlessly big pauldrons). I think the name had "battle" in it. Or maybe "siege".

Depths of Peril or Din's Curse?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warlords Battlecry would be similarly close although there was base building to some degree. There's just a ton of options without any weird unique details.

Wow that name rings a bell, and it feels like the right answer. But I just don't remember so much of it while I watch gameplay of it.

As for unique details, my most vivid memory of it is that I spawned on a jungle island map with an army of some sort of fantasy creatures like orcs, and knew that somewhere on that Island there was another army and I had to move fast to do..... something.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 203