Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So, the European Elections.  (Read 1951 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
So, the European Elections.
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:53:29 pm »

A bit late i know.
Damn I hate UK sometimes. We can't even get our act together for a single day to unite as one country to stamp our name all over the EU. Nope, we go and vote in TWO, yes TWO, BNP MEP's. I was acctually shocked to my core when i heard of this news. Damned northern England and their mass racism! DAMN THEM ALL!

(Just for your note, the BNP party are basically neo-nazi's under a different name. For example, one of their party rules is that no black person can be a member or a directly connected to them in any way.)

So, UK people how did the voting go for you? And honestly, what does Britain looked like to the outside world?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: So, the European Elections.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:09:37 pm »

meh.

Here, across the shallows, elections were all about local politics, so people voted as if they were voting for local.
A landslide for the dissident rightwing party.
Sadly, my vote went unheard.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:13:09 pm »

Landslide for the dissident right-wing? Perhaps, but it's not only them who got a boost. GroenLinks (a left-wing ecologicaly oriented party) and D66 (a center-right oriented pro european liberal party) also grew pretty well. More like growth on the edges and decline in the old bullwark here.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 06:01:49 pm »

When will we learn that voting for a one-man party will only lead to dummies in the drivingseat, with us as passengers'!
Not that the mainstream politicians are much to write on a forum about...

I liked Zalm, smart guy without sneaky agendas.
Voted D66 for local elections last time. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:10:36 pm »

And honestly, what does Britain looked like to the outside world?
They basically seem like a nation of inbred, slightly obnoxious, pompous racists with high incidences of CJD.

Honestly, Britain isn't terribly well liked in the United States. At least where I am.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:14:56 pm »

They basically seem like a nation of inbred, slightly obnoxious, pompous racists with high incidences of CJD.

Honestly, Britain isn't terribly well liked in the United States. At least where I am.
Very different where I am.  People in South Carolina really seem indifferent to the UK. 

You guys have so many good authors, I have to say.  I don't come across many books by good modern American authors.  I'm assuming such people are rare here.  On the other hand, I've actually met one of the good American authors.  Nice guy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:04 pm »

South Carolina
This explains everything about you.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:38 pm »

My opinion of the UK?

1984 was not an instruction manual.
!!&!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:56:28 pm »

South Carolina
This explains everything about you.
You'd know just how wrong you are if you didn't know me over the internet.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:03:44 pm »

Britain is a figure of friendly ribbing in Australia, like New Zealand. The USA, conversely, is also a figure of fun, but it isn't friendly. Yahtzee is, in my experience, an accurate representation of how Aussies feel about you guys. Not me, obviously. I'm a Kiwi.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »

Huh, didn't know it was that bad. Ah well, probably resentment from starting you lot off in the first place. I generally assumed it was of minor annoyance towards the British (which i've come to now realise where all racism seems to stem from) that everyone had.

Any other takers? Like from the continant? I always wondered what they thought of us.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »

Huh, didn't know it was that bad. Ah well, probably resentment from starting you lot off in the first place. I generally assumed it was of minor annoyance towards the British (which i've come to now realise where all racism seems to stem from) that everyone had.

Any other takers? Like from the continant? I always wondered what they thought of us.
Yeah, the historical resentment is definitely a contributing factor, and it gets worse based on the nationalism of the person experiencing it. It doesn't go as far as "You are British. Therefore, fuck you, asshole." It does influence individual contacts between Americans and Brits, though. Sort of like a lingering mist of hatred that slowly fades if you get to know enough good British people.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

I guess thats the same with everyone. Certainly my feelings to Americans. My first experiances with them was Xbox Live... and well yeah that speaks for itself.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »

Meh.  There are stupid people everywhere you go, and you can't avoid them.  Fortunately, thanks to entropy, there are also good (or at least alright) people everywhere you go.  You can't avoid them either, but why would you want to?  I really don't give a crap where someone is from.  I know, even though most of the good authors I'm aware of are from the Uk, that there are still authors over there as bad as the crappiest of American authors.  Basically, if I see any unusually high numbers of a group coming from a particular country, I assume it's just coincidence.

You could say you come from some place called Jackass country, it wouldn't hurt my view of you.  Now, actually being a jackass might.  Fortunately those aren't too common.
Just so I remember

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 08:27:55 pm »

I guess thats the same with everyone. Certainly my feelings to Americans. My first experiances with them was Xbox Live... and well yeah that speaks for itself.
My first experience with Europeans is Gaia.

And that speaks for itself.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: [1] 2