Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So, the European Elections.  (Read 1950 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: So, the European Elections.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:43:37 pm »

Well, there is usually some sort of pattern that follows with the a fairly large proportion of people, its may be steryotypically but those steryotypes had to start somewhere.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:50 pm »

Given how long people live, it can still be a coincidence.  Stereotypes often come and go faster than people.  The ones that stay are horribly inaccurate, more so than most stereotypes.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:30:19 pm »

Like the whole "Black people like chicken and kool-aid" thing.  Last time I checked, just about everyone liked chicken and kool-aid.  That's like saying "Haha, Jews breathe all the time"
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 09:33:20 pm »

Like the whole "Black people like chicken and kool-aid" thing.  Last time I checked, just about everyone liked chicken and kool-aid.  That's like saying "Haha, Jews breathe all the time"
Im not black and I like chicken and cool-aid.

Well, at least the Tropical Punch Cool Aid.

Im hungry. :I

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 11:29:01 pm »

Iran is holding an election, almost starting as I type this.

Mahmoud Ahma... Ahmadin... The current president is probably going to loose.
!!&!!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:17 pm »

It's somewhat different here, on the northern part of the continent. Mostly because we didn't violently rebel. The impression of Britain here (in my local area) is either positive or indifferent. The only negative outlook would come from the Monarchy debate. (I am pro, there are others who are against.)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 11:52:27 pm »

Well, Indonesia also going to, 8/9 July.

It's going to be a FUN and EPIC three-way battle. Or it supposed to be EPIC, anyway...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:48:29 pm »

A bit late i know.
Damn I hate UK sometimes. We can't even get our act together for a single day to unite as one country to stamp our name all over the EU. Nope, we go and vote in TWO, yes TWO, BNP MEP's. I was acctually shocked to my core when i heard of this news. Damned northern England and their mass racism! DAMN THEM ALL!

(Just for your note, the BNP party are basically neo-nazi's under a different name. For example, one of their party rules is that no black person can be a member or a directly connected to them in any way.)

So, UK people how did the voting go for you? And honestly, what does Britain looked like to the outside world?

Well, it looks like that racism is "rising" in Europe. Jobbik is a radical right wing party here, in Hungary, and they will send 3 people to the European Parliament. You can read more about this here, if you are interested:

http://www.worthynews.com/5820-breaking-news-hungarys-far-right-party-enters-european-parliament

"Hungary's main far-right party, accused by rights groups of spreading anti-Semitic views and hatred towards the country's up to 800,000 Gypsies, known as Roma, has received three seats in the European Parliament, official results showed.

The far-right Movement for a Better Hungary (Jobbik) got over 15 percent of the ballots, much better than expected.
Jobbik's primary European candidate, Kisztina Morvai, said she wanted to be the candidate for Hungarians. Morvai, a former human rights lawyer, stressed she would partner with euroskeptics and defend Hungary's sovereignty by fighting against the Lisbon Treaty, the European Union's reform agreement.
At home, her party wants to tackle "Gypsy crime", re-introduce the death penalty and set up "gendarmes" in rural areas of the country. At the same time, Morvai pledged to fight against the "terror of multinational companies and multinational capital."

Jobbik has also signed an agreement with a radical group within Hungary's police force, 'The Trade Union of Hungarian Police Prepared for Action' (TMRSZ), which has anti-Jewish and anti-Roma views in publications.
At least one of its affiliated writers has even asserted that "anti-Semitism is the duty of every Hungarian homeland lover" and that "Hungary must prepare for armed battle against the Jews" as well as "a Hungarian-Gypsy civil war...triggered by Jews."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 10:57:02 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

(Hindsight is fun)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 10:59:52 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

(Hindsight is fun)
Yeah! Who would think that someone would cheat?I for one, didnt think that guy would EVER rig an election.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 11:04:27 am »

http://www.subtitlecomedy.com/

scroll down to the relevant video (the rest are rather good as well, but the one with mahmoud is hilarious)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2]