Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most terrifying damage ever sustained by a dwarf?  (Read 4558 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most terrifying damage ever sustained by a dwarf?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 09:58:01 am »

The worst survived wound was a mangled lung, broken leg, and missing eye. I renamed this poor unfortunate Blinky, and she continued to do her business in terrible pain. Pain which caused her mental state to settle at 'unhappy'.
However, all was not lost for Blinky. I took sympathy on her, and had her room engraved, and added a door. This made her happy, so I checked her profile. She liked chains and cows, and got happy thoughts from watching the livestock cage I'd set up as a zoo. So, I set up a really fancy rope in her room and chained up a cow to it for her to admire.

There was also 'stumpy', who lost his leg at the hip sparring. He died later, but his leg was still forbidden and buried under his sock. It eventually rotted, causing a huge stink to permeate around the lower corridors.

In terms of sheer number of wounds, I had someone hit by a fire imp's blast while wiping them out. Moderately wounded three limbs, broke a few internals, and bruised a few others. He's been healing slowly since.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 10:11:33 am »

In adventure mode I had my adventurer lose both legs, 1 arm, and both eyes (over a long period), but eventually I went against a titan and he ripped off my remaining arm and proceeded to pummel me to death with it.

That was the best adventurer I have ever had ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:22:55 pm by Samus1111111 »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 06:49:57 pm »

Is there some way to examine injuries after death (other than inspect the piles of body parts lying around)?

Battlefrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »

Is there some way to examine injuries after death (other than inspect the piles of body parts lying around)?
Yeah, Dwarf Companion
you can view damages to a dead dwarf

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 06:56:26 am »

I had this champion being used as a pincushion by goblins. He was pierced through his entire left arm and leg, had numerous bolts in his upper and lower body and a mangled left kidney, but still continued to fight. He only retreated when the elite crossbowgoblin shot a bolt through his left lung, right lung and heart, mangling them. He still crawled all the way back to the fort,  heavily bleeding, and after a few squares a goblin hacked his left leg of before being smashed into a wall by another dwarf. He crawled about a hundred squares, almost reaching the entrance to my fort before finnaly passing out lying at the feets of his son some random child that came to pick up the pig tail sock from HIS LEFT LEG. (the one still on the battlefield)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 07:13:10 am »

I had a migration I didn't like. Fisherdwarves, wood burners, lie makers, and a single woodworker. So of course I let her into the fort and sent the rest to deal with some fire imps.

So they all charged in, along with a camel, and died horribly. Apparently one of them had been the woodworker's husband, and the camel was her pet too. She raged.  At this point she smashed the wagon with her bare hands and then attacked the first dwarf she saw, a young, completely novice brewer.

I don't recall the *exact* series of injuries she inflicted, but I do recall it included a red lung (which I do believe means mangled.) Now imagine that. A woman smashes a wagon in a single blow, and then runs up to you, and punches you so hard your internal organs are destroyed.

Eventually she gets tired of punching him and wanders off. The brewer falls to the ground and lays there, unable to walk. It starts to rain and he sits there in the mud. Until suddenly, he's saved! The blacksmith's girl drags him in, and brings him to a bed, and gives him food, and a powerful love is born.

It ends shortly, because he dies. She hurls herself off a cliff.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 06:41:27 pm »

one of my hunters got ambushed by trogyldytes (is that how its spelled?) in the first couple seconds of my fort. All his limbs were red, he was missing an eye and a hand, and his brain was lightly damaged before my other dwarves got there. Amazingly he managed to pick himself up and walk all the way back to my fortress and kill several deer before my beds got installed.
He never woke up (I played that fort for five years!)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 06:59:35 am »

Thus the fisherman, was left on his bed, with no eyeballs, no limbs, no friends or family, no one feed him or give him water, had to smell his dead friends and family's rotting taint, and had to hear the maddening screams of the insane miner, for the rest of his life, until he starved to death, or died of thirst.

Wow, that is pretty brutal.
Talking of stories that Dwarf Fortress is capable of telling... well, this one not quite unlike those written by King or Lovecraft.

How do i long for the magic arc so our dabbling wizards can try that nifty portal spell and end up summoning some kind of eldritch horror.
Kogan cancels cast spell, interupted by cthulhu.

"Yum yum!"  :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 07:57:36 pm »

My adventurer has a missing left hand. and all of his 'right' appendes are all lopped off.
His remaining leg is broken. One of his eyes is missing, the other blackened.
His spleen is mangled and currently has a bolt in it.
Both of his lungs have arrows in them.
He still lives.
I am not gonna pull out the arrows or the bolt because that would kill him.

All of these injuries were from fighting elves.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 08:27:51 pm »

How do i long for the magic arc so our dabbling wizards can try that nifty portal spell and end up summoning some kind of eldritch horror.
Kogan cancels cast spell, interupted by cthulhu.

sigged for awesome
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

Balor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:41 pm »

Well, we already have tentacle demons, that serve as a pretty good substitute, I suppose.
Sapienti Sat.
Pages: 1 [2]