Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chariot's Alternate Civ Graphics Sets (modding resource)  (Read 12794 times)

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Chariot's Alternate Civ Graphics Sets (modding resource)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:48 pm »

added high elves, frost giants, and minotaurs.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 10:19:42 pm »

added mountain and dark gnomes

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:26 pm »

For an Arcanum mod I'm developing, would you mind whipping up some Industrial Gnomes (think small, well dressed humanlike creatures in Victorian-era suits, with Ferengi like features) and Industrial Humans (basically, Victorian era humans with more "classic plate" style armor and classic British policeman style uniforms)?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:47:17 pm by Praetyre »

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47:09 am »

that what you mean by Victorian-era suits? or am i looking in the wrong place

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 03:06:30 am »

Only have top hats for some of them, maybe about a third. And have some of the gnomes wearing plain red or plain green, preferably the lower ranking ones. Some of the nobles could sport monocles and these really tall hats/neck things you see on the New Yorker.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 02:31:40 pm »

minotaur.txt is not found, however very nice civ graphics, i will use some (for personal modding) if you don't mind ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:23 pm »

Hmmm, I wonder how I missed uploading that one...

Still, its fixed now.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 02:49:11 am »

very very useful and heavenly basic looking, where in this case thats still impressive detail as some ppl have no grasp of bit based graphics.

can't wait for the werewolves, but i'll snatch up some of the reptiles =p

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 06:45:16 am »

Awesome, where can i get the actual mods that work with this charsets and works with mayday or any other god tileset?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 07:08:42 am »

Awesome, where can i get the actual mods that work with this charsets and works with mayday or any other god tileset?

the arthor of these graphics already said that the custom civilizations need to me made personally.  as for the mayday i'd suggest making a new GRAPHICS_<name>.txt file then copy from the .txt files from here and paste to the new file. copy mayday's first then use that one as like a template of place holder but be careful if you want to use both i'd had to edit (picture based copy pasting through an image edit tool) to not have any overwriting or keep which ones i wanted to use.

example:
image is example if image based copy-paste mixing the two. both actually used same reference so i just "kept" chariot's image file and replaced (covered up if referring to the edit process) the thief classes with mayday's.
the code text is example of using a bigger single file then linking proper image and directories. key point is where it says [FILE: <location> ] then everything will be good.

of course always backup but in the case of the text files, just move them out of the raw/graphics folder while keeping the new single .txt file.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 10:37:24 am »

the arthor of these graphics already said that the custom civilizations need to me made personally.  as for the mayday i'd suggest making a new GRAPHICS_<name>.txt file then copy from the .txt files from here and paste to the new file. copy mayday's first then use that one as like a template of place holder but be careful if you want to use both i'd had to edit (picture based copy pasting through an image edit tool) to not have any overwriting or keep which ones i wanted to use.

example:
image is example if image based copy-paste mixing the two. both actually used same reference so i just "kept" chariot's image file and replaced (covered up if referring to the edit process) the thief classes with mayday's.
the code text is example of using a bigger single file then linking proper image and directories. key point is where it says [FILE: <location> ] then everything will be good.

of course always backup but in the case of the text files, just move them out of the raw/graphics folder while keeping the new single .txt file.

I was talking about mayday TILESET not charset, i've trivied civ forge mod but names and overall look if weird because maydays tileset doesn't work with it.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 04:22:44 pm »

I was talking about mayday TILESET not charset, i've trivied civ forge mod but names and overall look if weird because maydays tileset doesn't work with it.

oh sorry for the miss-read, but then it depends on your definition of working. mayday's tiles works just fine from what i've seen. i didn't edit the default ini settings from downloading mayday's package which the maydayMIX.png is the actual tiles.

edit: on the mentioning of looks...thats bound to happen as this graphic/tile set, maydays, and the civ forge are all completely different in looks. if you keep one and edit as little as possible away from it then you'll get mostly that one for most of your looks.  btw this mod only adds to a civ so there shouldn't be much contrast. i didn't notice any between the lizardmen or kobolds with mayday tiles+graphic.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:33:00 pm by soul4hdwn »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:23 pm »

FYI I've put together a medium sized mod that adds a lot of races you have here (frogmen, lizardmen, ogres, treants, gnomes and giants).  Was planning to put a graphics version together using the fine work you have here, hope that's ok!

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »

Hmmm, I can't get it to work, I copy it in to the graphics folder in raw but all of the custom graphics just appear as blank greeny brown squares?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 11:36:45 pm »

I demand elephants
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3